In a far away galaxy, lies a sun, orbited by 3 planets. The Gurhal system.
A place inhabited by humans, and their creations,
CASTs, Newmens, and beasts.
For 500 years, there was war among the races,
a seemingly never-ending conflict. Then finally...
An era of peace and prosperity that has lasted for 100 years.
But now, a darkness has awoken, and threatens the Universe.

(Opening Cinema)

Episode 1 Chapter 4: Rouges

Ethan's Room
--------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan is sitting by his window, staring out at the stars and deep in thought. After a moment, Pete floats over to him)
--Pete: Ethan, are you alright? You do not seem yourself.
--Ethan: It's nothing. Just thinking about something's all.
(The door chime sounds)
--Pete: It sounds as though we have a guest.
(Pete floats off to answer the door while Ethan continues to stare out into space)
--Voice: Aaaaah!
--Ethan: Huh?
(Ethan bolts up and looks around the corner towards the door)
--Ethan: What's happening?!
--Lumia: Ethan, what is that thing?!
--Ethan: Oh, hey Lumia... This is Pete.
--Pete: Ethan, who is this... girl?
--Ethan: My little sister, Lumia.
--Pete: My apologies, Miss Lumia. I did not mean to alarm you.
--Lumia: Ah ha ha.... It's alright. You're actually kinda cute. Did I scare you, Pete?
--Ethan: So, what're you doing here, anyway?
--Lumia: I can't believe you! You forgot?! You promised that you'd go shopping with me today!
--Ethan: Ah... I guess I did.
--Lumia: Now, hurry up and go get changed! You can't go out dressed like that!
(Ethan looks to his clothes and realizes he's still in his under garments. He chuckles, embarrassed)
(End Cutscene)

(Scene: Ethan, Pete, Lumia)
--Lumia: Well then, shall we go?
--Ethan: Can you wait a second? I've got to talk to Pete.
--Lumia: What? Are you serious?
--Ethan: Sorry. You go ahead first and wait for me at the central table, okay?
--Lumia: All right, fine. But you shouldn't make me wait too long. It's rude!
--Ethan: Okay, okay.
(Lumia Exits)
--Pete: Do you have plans with your sister today? You two seem to get along well.
--Ethan: She is my only sister... But about that stuff I had you investigate...
--Pete: Yes. I can answer questions about the investigation. Is there something specific you wanted to know about?
(Ask about Dr. Warren Daren)
--Pete: There was nothing current about Dr. Darren in the database. According to records, he perished in the disaster at Mellvore eighteen years ago.
--Ethan: Eighteen years ago? Mellvore?
--Pete: The Mellvore Explosion.
--Ethan: Oh right! I heard that mentioned on the shuttle ride to Parum. The mysterious explosion that wiped out the entire city of Mellvore. Is that the one?
--Pete: Yes, that's the one. At the time, the government of Parum conducted an exhaustive search of the city's remains... but they still could not determine a cause. And today, the cause is still unknown.
--Ethan: But... the doctor was still alive! (Where was he for those eighteen years?)
--Pete: Actually, regarding the mission you went on the other day, there are no longer any public records of that, either.
--Ethan: (What's going on here? I wonder... Could that Endrum Collective have a hand in this?)
(Ask about A-Photon reactors)
--Ethan: What are A-Photons, exactly?
--Pete: A-Photons, or "Advanced Photon Energy", is a new form of energy created by the crystallization of copolymerized photon partials. It is said that the crystallized form doesn't occur naturally. Currently, the technology required for pure processing includes a very large-scale operation and a high level of skill.
--Ethan: Uh... okay. What makes A-Photons different from regular photons?
--Pete: Photon energy utilizes an individual's spirit energy as an intermediary in order to output energy in physical and mental form. TECHNICs are a good example of this. In contrast, A-Photon energy doesn't utilize spirit energy. It merely outputs an extremely high level of energy. That is why, for the past fifteen years, we've seen rapid technological advances in large machinery, such as spaceships, that require vast amounts of energy. What's more...
--Ethan: ...
--Pete: Ethan?
--Ethan: I'm sorry. My mind was wandering. So basically... What you're saying is... A-Photons are a new form of energy made from photons. Is that it?
--Pete: Yes, that's close enough. When A-Photons were found within the RELICS, it was a major discovery. It means that the most cutting edge energy technology we have today was used thousands of years ago at the RELICS sites. In addition, they were much more compact and high yielding than what we have today.
--Ethan: Yeah, but then... What happened to the ancient civilization?
--Pete: We don't know. But ever since the SEED first fell... RELICS have been discovered with an increasing frequency. Thus, one cannot deny there must be a connection between the SEED and RELICS.
(Ask about Endrum Coll.)
--Pete: The Endrum Collective is a division of the Alliance Military. Until recently, their existence was not public knowledge.
--Ethan: Really...
--Pete: Other than their goal of "RELICS preservation", their leader, Endrum Harness, has kept their actions classified. Even with the GUARDIANS information network, it's extremely difficult to get detailed information on the Endrum Collective. It is said that the Endrum Collective has been in existence for over thirty years.
--Ethan: Aren't there any definitive answers? (I'm still really curious about the doctor's past, but... the way Karen was acting, I don't think it'll be easy to find out any more details.)
(Ask again later)
--Pete: By the way, Ethan...
--Ethan: What?
--Pete: Is it proper to keep Miss Lumia waiting like this?
--Ethan: Oh! I completely forgot! She's probably going to be fuming. I gotta go!
--Pete: Be careful, Ethan.
(End Scene)

Clyez City: Central Table: First Floor
------------------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Lumia)
--Lumia: You're late, Ethan! I've been waiting for so long!
--Ethan: Sorry, sorry!
--Lumia: Okay... You can make it up by spending LOTS of time with me today!
--Ethan: Yeah, sure! So then, where are we going?
--Lumia: Hm... All right... First off, let's go to the Clothes Shop on the third floor!
(End Scene)

(Arsh Milzu)
--Ethan: Mrs. Milzu, we meet again!
--Mrs. Milzu: ...
--Ethan: What's the matter?
--Mrs. Milzu: My husband didn't come back this weekend like he usually does.
--Ethan: He's on Neudaiz, isn't he? There seems to be a lot going on over there lately.
--Mrs. Milzu: I suppose.
---(Again)
--Ethan: Mrs. Milzu, if you're free sometime, please give my sister Lumia a call.
--Mrs. Milzu: I will. Thank you.

(Old Man)
--Old Man: How'd you like Parum?
--Ethan: How did you know I went to Parum?
--Old Man: I saw you get on that PPT Shuttle.
--Ethan: (Is this guy stalking me?)
---(Again)
--Old Man: Yeah, I see a lot...

(Beast Male)
--Beast Male: My friend from the archeology society... It looks like she learned her lesson about entering RELICS sites... the hard way! What's really inside those RELICS?
---(Again)
--Beast Male: The RELICS aren't your everyday ruins, are they? Are they some kind of trap or something?

(Gapard Raz)
--Ethan: You've got a lot of free time on your hands, don't you?
--Gapard: Will you leave me alone already?
--Ethan: Maybe you should make use of all that free time and join the GUARDIANS. It's hard work, but it's rewarding and offers a great challenge!
--Gapard: I'll think about it.
---(Again)
--Gapard: What's up?
--Ethan: You should seriously consider what I said before.
--Gapard: I will.

(Newman Male)
--Newman Male: According to the police, pirate activity has been on the rise in this sector. They don't think anything of taking someone's life... so if you encounter them, be prepared to possibly lose yours!
---(Again)
--Newman Male: Watch out for pirate rouges!

(Human Male)
--Human Male: Watch out for the rouges from Moatoob! They're involved in all sorts of bad things... piracy, underground transactions, smuggling, illegal manufacturing... There are a lot of beasts who make their living by working with the rouges. If you encounter rouges, assume you're in trouble and then hope for the best!
---(Again)
--Human Male: If you meet a rouge, don't talk back to them. Just run away!

(If you try to use the Elevator)

Clyez City: Shopping Mall A: Second Floor
--------------------------------------------------------------
(Kumil Godes)
--Ethan: Hi, Kumil!
--Kumil: Hi, Ethan! Are you working again today?
--Ethan: Yup.
--Kumil: Will you be taking a shuttle?
--Ethan: Yeah.
--Kumil: I want to ride on a shuttle too.
---(Again)
--Ethan: What's wrong, Kumil?
--Kumil: If you join the GUARDIANS, you get to ride on shuttles all the time, don't you?
--Ethan: Yeah, I guess so.

(Engineer)
--Engineer: The Illegal modification of machines is a problem. Notably for the rouges, who like to upgrade the battle strength of their machines... There's a law that prohibits excessive armament of over-the-counter machines, because they'll become uncontrollable for the police and for the GUARDIANS.
---(Again)
--Engineer: But no matter how strict you make the law, I doubt you can prevent people from illegally modifying their machines!

(Mikua Tesran)
--Ethan: Hey, Mikua. How's it going?
--Mikua: Don't you have anything better to do than to hang around chit-chatting?
--Ethan: Geez...
--Mikua: I'm not sure that we have a lot in common any more, Ethan.
--Ethan: You're in a great mood...
---(Again)
--Ethan: What's up, Mikua?
--Mikua: Nothing, Ethan. Nothing at all.
--Ethan: Okay...

(Human Girl)
--Human Girl: This colony is basically pretty self-sustaining but... I guess it's actually pretty difficult without an influx of good from the planets.
---(Again)
--Human Girl: It was so much more fun shopping before the SEED showed up!

(Fat Man)
--Fat Man: I hear there's been an increase in rouge activity. The solar system police's weapons are no match for the rouges'. Plus the Alliance Military is so busy with the SEED, they don't have time for rouges!
---(Again)
--Fat Man: In times of emergency, public unrest skyrockets. But I guess that just can't be helped.

(Nano-Transformer Fan)
--Nano-Transformer Fan: The nano transformer was originally designed as a military tool during wartime. It was created so soldiers could bring a wide assortment of equipment onto the battlefield. But now it's normal for everyone, no matter how common, to own one.
---(Again)
--Nano-Transformer Fan: There's nothing as useful as a nano transformer, is there? Nano transformers rock!

(Mefon Lead)
--Ethan: Hello, Mrs. Lead.
--Mrs. Lead: Oh hello, Ethan. I heard from my son yesterday. It looks like the SEED are still a big problem, so he won't be coming home any time soon.
--Ethan: There's a lot happening on Moatoob right now.
--Mrs. Lead: Yes, but... he's all I've got...
---(Again)
--Ethan: Do you live alone, Mrs. Lead?
--Mrs. Lead: My husband passed away... Let's talk about something else...

(Approach Synthesis Shop before shopping with Lumia)
--Ethan: It sure looks packed! Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get in there.

Clyez City: Shopping Mall B: Third Floor
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Mischec Pord)
--Ethan: Hey Mischec, what are you grinning about?
--Mischec: I got to ride on a PPT Shuttle!
--Ethan: Really, where to?
--Mischec: I went to see my grandpa on Neudaiz. It was my tenth time!
--Ethan: Really? Wow, that's great!
---(Again)
--Ethan: What's wrong, Mischec?
--Mischec: Next time, I want to go see my dad on Moatoob...

(A-Photon Fanatic)
--A-Photon Fanatic: A-Photons are the future of energy! But the required reactors are so huge. That's kind of the problem.
---(Again)
--A-Photon Fanatic: Sooner or later, A-Photon products will flood the scene. Mark my words!

(Photon Fanatic)
--Photon Fanatic: Aren't A-Photons a cold and mechanical source of energy? Photons are a direct reflection of a person's spirit. Gentle spirit, violent spirit... Photons will demonstrate their power when used with a strong spirit!
---(Again)
--Photon Fanatic: An energy filled with spirit... What a wonderful thing!

(Astronomer)
--Astronomer: There's still no clue as to where the SEED came from. The worst part is, I've been waiting for this since I was a little child... contact with intelligent alien species... I never imagined it would be like this... A bloodbath!
---(Again)
--Astronomer: Should the SEED be classified as intelligent life? There have been arguments on both sides.

(Endy Fodz)
--Ethan: Hey, Endy! Guess what? I can finally start doing free missions!
--Endy: It's about time! I've been doing 'em for ages now.
--Ethan: I mean... I've been doing them for a while... I'm just... Uh...
--Endy: Yeah, I'll bet!
---(Again)
--Endy: Sorry, but I've got to go to Moatoob!
--Ethan: Really? I still haven't been there yet...

(Try to exit to the fourth floor)
--Lumia: There aren't any shops on the fourth floor.

---Clothing Store
------------------------
(Ethan, bored, watches Lumia go from shelf to shelf)
--Ethan: Lumia, are you almost done?
--Lumia: Hm... Don't have it, do they?
--Ethan (thinking): *sigh* Shopping with you isn't a very interactive experience.
--Lumia: Oh, Ethan!
--Ethan: Have you decided what you want?
--Lumia: Not yet. There's nothing good here. Let's go to the Armor Shop!
(End Scene)

---Armor Shop
---------------------
--Ethan: What are you doing, Lumia? You already have a line shield, don't you? You want another one? Well, I guess in these times you can't really overdo it when it comes to protection.
--Lumia: Geez, Brother. Will you keep quiet? There's nothing good here either! Let's go to the Weapons Shop next!
--Ethan: What? I can understand you wanting armor... but what are you gonna do with a weapon?
--Lumia: Just hurry up!

---Weapon Shop
------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Lumia, Store Clerk)
--Lumia: Wow! It's so pretty! Hey, this one's cool!
--Ethan: Hey, Lumia. Calm down! Can you even tell a good weapon from a bad one? And more importantly, what would you do with a weapon if you bought one?
--Lumia: Come on, Ethan. Give me a little credit!
--Ethan: Oh okay...
--Lumia: But... Nothing here really jumps out and grabs me.
--Store Clerk: Miss, if you aren't satisfied with out current selection of weapons, might I suggest you try one made to your specifications?
--Lumia: What do you mean?
--Store Clerk: The Synthesis Shop here in the city recently had their grand opening. You can combine raw materials and items to create new items.
--Lumia: Wow, really? Thank you for going out of your way to tell me about a different shop!
--Store Clerk: It's no trouble at all. Just be sure to give this shop another try, next time.
--Lumia: Well then!
--Ethan: Hm?
--Lumia: Let's get going!
--Ethan: *Sigh* Where to now?
(End Scene)

---Outside Synthesis Shop
--------------------------------------
--Lumia: Wow! It's crowded in there!
--Ethan: It looks like they just opened or something. Hey Lumia, why don't you go check it out while I wait here?
--Lumia: What?
--Ethan: Well, I'm kinda tired...
--Lumia: What kind of Guardian are you? All right, fine! I'll go have a look. Don't go anywhere, though. Okay?
--Ethan: I know. I know.
(Scene fades and cuts back in)
--Ethan: How was it?
--Lumia: Well... By synthesizing, you can make all kinds of cute little items. But to synthesize something, you've got to have a synthesis kit.
--Ethan: Hm...
--Lumia: And kits are really expensive! If I bought one of those, I wouldn't be able to get anything else!
--Ethan: Oh, I know! I'll buy you one of those kits.
--Lumia: What!?
--Ethan: It's perfect, and I just got compensated for my missions! Let's go buy your synthesis kit and we can be done with shopping for the day. I'm not really in the mood for shopping any more.
--Lumia: No way! What would be the point?
--Ethan: What do you mean?
--Lumia: Well, that's another thing... Even if you get the synthesis kit, you still need to have a partner machine... like Pete.
--Ethan: Really? No wonder there were so many Guardian customers in there.
--Lumia: But forget that for now. You said you weren't in the mood for shopping any more. What's wrong?
--Ethan: Nothing, really. I'm just not feeling so hot.
--Lumia: It's not just today. You've been like this for a while now. You've had this sad look on your face. Talk to me, Ethan.
--Ethan: The thing is... On one of my recent missions, our client died right in front of me. I couldn't do anything to help him!
--Lumia: ...
--Ethan: During that craziness on the Linear Line, when the SEED came, I helped out a few other people besides you... and it brought me this... well... "joy". I guess you could call it. It felt really great. That's when I felt I understood Father and his involvement with the GUARDIANS a little better. And that's why I decided to join them.
--Lumia: I see.
--Ethan: And so then I joined the GUARDIANS... and my first mission brought back that great feeling of helping someone. I felt a little bit like a hero. But during my last mission I realized that I'm not strong enough yet...
--Lumia: Ethan:...Hold on a sec. I'll be right back!
(Lumia runs off into the croud)
--Ethan: Huh? Hey Lumia!? Where did she run off to?
--Lumia: Here you go... A present!
--Ethan: Hey, what's this?
(Receive Synthesis Kit)
--Lumia: I wanted to get you a present celebrating your joining the GUARDIANS. Sorry it's a bit late.
--Ethan: Lumia...
--Lumia: So stop being so down and start acting like someone who just got a great present!
--Ethan: Lumia...
--Lumia: You'll do just fine, Ethan. When I was trapped all alone on the Linear Line under all that rubble... I was so scared, I didn't know what to do! Everything seemed so hopeless. When you came and got me, you really were a hero to me!
--Ethan: Well, I was desperate...
--Lumia: And not just that time! Ever since we were kids, you were always there to help me out of jams. Father died before I was born so I never knew him. Everyone calls him a hero, though. I believe that someday you'll become an even bigger hero. Bigger than anyone else! You know, you can't help everyone, Ethan. But you can do the best you can. And if you feel like you aren't strong enough now, then what's stopping you from becoming stronger? Use this synthesis kit and make some strong equipment!
--Ethan: Lumia... Thank you so much! I'll do my best!
--Lumia: Good! I'm so proud of you, Ethan!
--Ethan: Oh stop it, you're making me blush!
--Lumia: I'm gonna head home now.
--Ethan: All right, Lumia.
(Lumia waves goodbye)
--Lumia: Tell Pete I said hello!
--Ethan: ...
(End Scene)

Ethan's Room
--------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Pete)
--Pete: Welcome back, Ethan.
--Ethan: Thanks, Pete! Oh hey, do you know how to use this?
--Pete: Ah, a synthesis kit. First off, plug it into my expansion slot.
--Pete: Set up complete! If you have a synthesis board and the necessary materials you can synthesize an item at any time.
(Synthesis now available)
(Synthesis tutorial)
--Pete: Inside the synthesis kit, there is a practice board and materials.
(received item synthesis board)
--Pete: Next, here are the required materials for trimate synthesis.
(Receive Sweet Berry and Ether Acid)
--Pete: It is necessary to place the materials into the storage system. Don't forget!
(End Scene)

(When Selecting "Insert Board")
--Pete: Which board to you want to insert? (You can insert up to 32 types.)

(When you chose "Synthesis" and select the Trimate board)
--Pete: How many do you want to synthesize?

(When you finalize the synth)
--Pete: Currently Synthesizing... Done! What do you want done with this item?
(Chose Inventory or Storage)

(Scene: Ethan, Karen)
(As you attempt to leave the room the Ethan's comm will beep)
(Ethan answers)
--Karen: Ethan, are you there?
--Ethan: Wow, you never call me!
--Karen: Our next mission has been assigned. Come to the GUARDIANS Branch in Holtes City as soon as possible.
--Ethan: Gotcha.
(End Scene)

(Talk to Pete and Choose "Ask Again Later")
--Pete: Karen is waiting at the Holtes City GUARDIANS Branch.

Clyez City: PPT Spaceport: Fourth Floor:
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Jabutz Secbel)
--Ethan: Hello, Mr. Chief Manager of Operations!
--Jabutz: ...
--Ethan: I don't think I messed it up today.
--Jabutz: I'm just not in the mood to talk to any Guardians today. I got another impossible transport schedule from Headquarters.
--Ethan: I see...
---(Again)
--Jabutz: Piece of junk always breaking down...
--Ethan: W-What are you talking about?
--Jabutz: It's nothing. Just hurry up and get on board. I'm finished servicing this thing.

(Keiko Rotta)
--Ethan: What's the matter?
--Keiko: What's that supposed to mean? There's nothing wrong with me!
--Ethan: You just seemed like you were stuck or something...
--Keiko: How rude. Leave me alone!
---(Again)
--Keiko: Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?

(Porsh Tuvol)
--Ethan: Heya, Porsh!
--Porsh: Oh hi, Ethan. I sure see you around a lot. Where are you always running off to?
--Ethan: To Parum. Recently all my missions have been there.
--Porsh: Wow, that sounds great. I've never been there... I'm jealous!
--Ethan: Hehehe!
---(Again)
--Ethan: I want to go somewhere on a PPT Shuttle. Not for a mission or anything, just on my own...
--Porsh: Yeah...

(Male Beast)
--Male Beast: Awhile back, I got the chance to ride on a passenger train on Parum. It was exhilarating seeing the ground and the surroundings rush by so quickly. It's not something you can experience on a spaceship. Overall, it was great to be able to partake in the scenery. And it's the only place in the system you can get real koltova kabobs! If you ever try them, I'm sure you'll be hooked from bite one.
---(Again)
--Male Beast: Everyone should experience a train ride at least once.

Clyez City: Guardians Headquarters: Fifth Floor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
(Lou)
--Lou: It seems you ran into the Endrum Collective.
--Ethan: You certainly are quick to learn of an event that has no record of ever occurring!
--Lou: Indeed. I have my own private network.
--Ethan: That guy... Who is he exactly?
--Lou: He is someone you aren't ready to fight yet, that is for certain.
--Ethan: Pfft, that's not funny!
---(Again)
--Lou: If you meet Magashi again, do not attempt to fight him. He will kill you before you know what hit you.

(Reporter)
--Reporter: The Endrum Collective... Magashi... And Dr. Daren? I don't know if I can make it a convincing article without more proof... but I'll do some investigating!
---(Again)
--Reporter: I'll investigate the Endrum Collective myself.

(Human Male)
--Human Male: I heard you had a run-in with the Endrum Collective. They try to claim their only focus is RELICS preservation. I don't really know myself.. They are a special unit division, after all. They don't have to answer to anyone. The Allied Military lets them run free, unchecked.
---(Again)
--Human Male: I'd like to give them a good scare one of these days!

(Fisul Godes)
--Ethan: Hello, sir!
--Mr. Godes: Hey, Waber. Since you're in the Mobile Defense Force, are you acquainted with Leo Berafort?
--Ethan: Sure, I know Leo!
--Mr. Godes: I thought you might. What a small world!
---(Again)
--Mr. Godes: Next time you see Leo, tell him I said hello!
--Ethan: Will do!

(Mina)
--Mina: Welcome to the GUARDIANS, defenders of Gurhal's future! Mr. Waber, you don't look well.
--Ethan: It's just... during my last mission, our client was killed right in front of me...
--Mina: Really!
--Ethan: I... couldn't do anything.
--Mina: I can't really imagine the horrors you must face on the job. All I can offer is an ear for whenever you need to talk. If you ever feel the need, you can always talk to me!
--Ethan: Thanks... I actually feel a bit better now. Well... off to the mission!
--Mina: Your next mission contract is at the Holtes City Branch, okay? Be careful, and may the Holy Light guide you!
---(Again)
--Mina: Your next mission contract is at the Holtes City Branch, okay? Please cheer up. I'm always here if you ever need to talk.

Holtes City: Central Square
----------------------------------------
(PPT Caseal)
--PPT Caseal: What? It's rude to stare!
--Ethan: Nothing, it's just... I get the feeling we've met somewhere before.
--PPT Caseal: Well I certainly don't recognize you!
---(Again)
--Ethan: Um...
--PPT Caseal: I said I don't know you!

(Green Cast)
--Green Cast: Humans seem to have a different scent every day. And it's never a pleasant one!
---(Again)
--Green Cast: What an intolerable odor!

(Blue Caseal)
--Blue Caseal: You're with the GUARDIANS, aren't you? You guys aren't so hot compared to the Alliance Military. I've heard that you even employ some of our reject CASTs. I'd rather not be associated with such a disgraceful organization!
---(Again)
--Blue Caseal: The GUARDIANS are a stain on our CAST pride!

(Yellow Cast)
--Yellow Cast: It's really difficult living here on Parum. I don't share the CASTs desire to discriminate against other races.
---(Again)
--Yellow Cast: Even though I'd like to go somewhere else, because of the SEED invasion there are restrictions on passenger travel now.

(Traveling Cast)
--Ethan: You again? I'll bet the life of a traveler is a comfortable one.
--Traveling Cast: Thanks to the GUARDIANS! So will you be riding the train today?
--Ethan: I shouldn't say.
--Traveling Cast: You Guardians are sure tight lipped!
--Ethan: Exactly.
---(Again)
--Ethan: Well then, have a good trip!
--Traveling Cast: Thank you!

(AMF Cast)
--Ethan: Hey, you got a second?
--AMF Cast: What do you want? You act like we're pals or something!
--Ethan: Don't be so surly! I'm Ethan Waber, with the GUARDIANS.
--AMF Cast: Yeah, so what? I'm not interested!
---(Again)
--AMF Cast: Don't talk to me!

Holtes City: West District
-------------------------------------
(Speal Fonce)
--Ethan: Hello, Speal.
--Speal: You again! Didn't I warn you already, for your own sake?
--Ethan: If it doesn't bother you specifically, then what's the problem? Ignoring the problem won't make anything any better.
--Speal: You're probably right, but...
---(Again)
--Ethan: Hey, Speal.
--Speal: Don't blame me if the Alliance Military starts harassing you over this!

(Yokus Melton)
--Ethan: Hi Yokus, I'm back!
--Yokus: So you are.
--Ethan: You don't seem very happy to see me.
--Yokus: ...That's not it.
--Ethan: You're not happy here, are you? You should go back to the colony!
---(Again)
--Ethan: Hey...
--Yokus: Leave me alone! I've already decided to live here... alone!
--Ethan: But I didn't say anything yet!

(Mikaris Geid)
--Ethan: Hi, Mikaris.
--Mikaris: Oh Ethan, are you working again today?
--Ethan: Yeah, I am.
--Mikaris: Aw, that's too bad! I was going to ask you out on a date.
--Ethan: ...Me?!
---(Again)
--Ethan: Mikaris... Um...
--Mikaris: Hehe! Next time you're free...?

(AMF Guard)
--AMF Guard: Didn't I tell you to stop this nonsense! I heard about you... You tussled with the Endrum Collective. There are those within the Alliance Military who are keeping tabs on you. You ought to watch your back.
---(Again)
--AMF Guard: Watch your back.

---G.R.M. Shop
--------------------
(Stank Geese)
--Ethan: Hello, Commander Geese.
--Stank: Hi, Ethan.
--Ethan: Commander, do you know anything about the Endrum Collective?
--Stank: They're a special unit, so I don't know a lot of specifics about them.
--Ethan: Okay, thanks anyway.
---(Again)
--Stank: The Endrum Collective is quite a radical group. It would be prudent for you to be careful around them.
--Ethan: Thanks for the tip!

(Madris Carn)
--Ethan: Hi Madris!
--Madris: Hey! It looks like they're keeping you pretty busy, eh?
--Ethan: We could sure use your help back in the GUARDIANS.
--Madris: Well, maybe someday we'll end up as partners!
---(Again)
--Ethan: Are you happy being in the Alliance Military?
--Madris: It's not so bad!

---Parts Shop
--------------------
(Prafo Kaluen)
--Ethan: Hey, Prafo!
--Prafo: Hey, Ethan! I was talking with my dad about you and it turns out you know each other!
--Ethan: What!? ...I wonder who it could be...?
---(Again)
--Ethan: Hey, Prafo.
--Prafo: What is it?
--Ethan: Uh... it's nothing...

Holtes City: East District
------------------------------------
(Human Male)
--Human Male: Even though the state is run by CASTs, that doesn't mean that there's anything to fear. For one thing, there has never been a restriction on human-controlled business. It's really an open market.
---(Again)
--Human Male: That's why there are so many rich humans here on Parum.

(Qurio Medoc)
--Ethan: Hi, Mr. Medoc. You look well today!
--Mr. Medoc: Ever since I got sick, my granddaughter's been acting real nice to me.
--Ethan: That's great!
--Mr. Medoc: I wonder how long it'll last?
---(Again)
--Ethan: Mr. Medoc, you should take it easy.
--Mr. Medoc: Why's that? When my time is up, there's nothing I can do about it.

(Rol Medoc)
--Ethan: Hey, you look like you're in a better mood today!
--Rol: What's with you? It's not like we're pals or something.
--Ethan: Why can't we be pals?
--Rol: Hmph!
--Ethan: Little girl, what's your name?
--Rol: Rol.
--Ethan: Good to meet ya!

Holtes City: Guardians Branch
-----------------------------------------
(Human Female)
--Human Female: Are you familiar with the Endrum Collective? They're a special division of the Alliance Military. They are currently focused on the preservation of RELICS sites. They've been exerting their authority all over the system. You should watch out for them.
---(Again)
--Human Female: I don't care how special the Endrum Collective is. It doesn't justify their level of aggressiveness.

(Human Male)
--Human Male: In you find yourself caught in a fight with rouges, do be careful! Their modified machines can be a real pain. Their guns and attacks are terribly powerful. To be safe, it's a good idea to master one or two TECHNICs.
---(Again)
--Human Male: The rouges' modded machines can be a particular pain. Their guns and attacks are awfully powerful. To be safe, it's a good idea to master one or two TECHNICs.

(Black Cast)
--Black Cast: Recently, the number of creatures in the grasslands has increased dramatically. You've had the chance to see a De Ragan, haven't you?
---(Again)
--Black Cast: Just getting to the newly discovered RELICS can be a difficulty... Investigating them is another challenge indeed!

(Sheena)
--Sheena: Welcoming to Gurhal! All your future are belong to us!
--Ethan: Ethan Waber, Ma'am. I'm here to start my next mission.
--Sheena: Yes, yes, yes! Letting me confirm the GUARDIANS license. Please be waiting. It is finished being done. The mission instructor are waiting in the meeting room. In the inside part.

Holtes Branch: Meeting Room
--------------------------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Karen, Hyuga)
--Karen: Today's mission will entail guarding the cargo of this train, the Milate 04.
--Ethan: Do they really need the GUARDIANS just to guard cargo?
--Karen: Well, the cargo in this instance seems to be rather precious.
--Ethan: What do you mean?
--Karen: I believe that the cargo contains artifacts from one of the RELICS.
--Hyuga: Artifact... you mean an A-Photon reactor? Like what Dr. Daren was talking about!?
--Karen: Yes.
--Ethan: I was wondering this before... Finding that A-Photon reactor from the RELICS site... Is it really THAT big of a deal?
--Hyuga: !? Ethan, you really don't understand, do you?
--Ethan: W-Why? What do you mean?
--Karen: It's not in my field of expertise so I don't know the exact scope of this, but... The A-Photon reactor is a new energy system that became a reality about fifteen years ago.
--Ethan: Oh, Pete talked a little about this...
--Karen: Artifacts with the same properties and capabilities were discovered among the remains in the RELICS of the ancient civilization. This has an extremely valuable significance from an archaeological viewpoint, as well as benefits for A-Photon research. That's why this sample holds immeasurable value.
--Ethan: I see... That's about the only thing I understood.
--Karen: If you have an interest in A-Photons, it would benefit you to study up!
--Hyuga: Yes, Ma'am.
--Ethan: Yeah, all right.
--Karen: And one more thing. Recently there's been a lot of rouge activity here.
--Ethan: Rouges? The space pirates from Moatoob!?
--Karen: An A-Photon reactor by itself holds enormous value. Not to mention something as rare as what we've got here! They want it badly. And for that reason, the GUARDIANS have been called into duty.
--Ethan: Okay. I think I understand our mission now. Let's get started already!
--Karen: Wait, Ethan. There's still time before the Milate 04 is due to depart. And we've got one more person joining us this time.
--Ethan: What? Who's coming with us?
--Hyuga: Another scholar?
--Karen: No, but it's someone you both know. Lucaim Nav, Chief of the Training Institute. Headmaster of the GUARDIANS Training School.
--Ethan: Headmaster Nav? Hyuga, do you remember what he was like?
--Hyuga: No, I don't really remember much about him.
--Karen: Well, he didn't participate directly in your course drills so it's possible you never met him directly... ...but he is one strict instructor. You'd better brace yourselves!
--Hyuga: Okay.
--Karen: It's almost meeting time. Let's head for the central plaza.
(End Scene)

Holtes City: Central Plaza
(Cutscene)
(Hyuga, Ethan, and Karen wait outside the Parum PPT Spaceport)
--Hyuga: Huh, Doesn't look like anyone's here.
--Karen: Well, this is where we're supposed to meet.
(Shot zooms in to show a hand grabbing Karen's butt)
--Karen: Aaah!
--Ethan: What's the matter?!
--Karen: Someone just pinched me!
--Ethan: What?
(The turn to see a rather old looking cast)
--Nav: Heh heh heh. Slow reflexes, slow reflexes!
--Ethan: Slow reflexes! What's wrong with you. You pervert!
--Hyuga: And don't think we're going to let you off because you're an old geezer!
--Nav: Heh heh he... Well aren't you a lively bunch?
--Ethan: Come on! Let's turn him in to the cops!
--Karen: Ethan, it's alright...
--Ethan: We are not letting this old perv get away!
--Karen: This is Headmaster Nav.
--Ethan: Huh?! This old fart is the Headmaster?!
--Karen: He is.
--Nav: Who are you calling an "old fart"?! Well, Karen, you've lost some of your edge. You should have caught me. I'm very disappointed.
--Karen: Y-Yes sir. I'll be more careful.
--Hyuga: I never thought I'd see Karen have to suck it up.
--Ethan: Oh man, I shouldn't have called him a perv...
--Nav: Now, you two...
--Ethan & Hyuga: Y-Yes sir!
--Nav: I will be accompanying you to observe your progress. So, be sure not to do anything that would embarrass the GUARDIANS. Understood?
--Ethan & Hyuga: Yes sir!
(Nav approaches Ethan specifically)
--Nav: You must be Ethan Waber.
--Ethan: Yes sir.
--Nav: I see you're just as hot headed and precocious as your father was.
--Ethan: You knew who my father was then?
--Nav: Oh yes. He was a well respected Guardian. I expect young man, you'll make your father very proud.
--Ethan: Thank you, sir!
--Karen: Headmaster, we should be on our way.
--Nav: Yes, we should! So, let's go.
(End Cutscene)

(Scene: Ethan, Karen, Hyuga, Nav)
--Nav: Today's mission will be carried out while on a moving train. It goes without saying that there's no place to get off and no way to return to the city once it begins so make sure you are adequately prepared! When you've finished preparing, form a party with the four of us and we'll depart.
(Mission "The Milate 04" available)
--Nav: When you are ready to add me to the party, either come to me directly or use my partner card.
(Receive Lucaim Nav's partner card)
--Nav: I'll be waiting by the Linear Train platform gate in the west district. Well then, you are dismissed!
(End scene. Group dissipates)

(Talk to Hyuga)
--Hyuga: Ah, Ethan. Headmaster Nav will be accompanying us this time, so I won't forgive any mistakes. If you mess up, due to joint liability it will have an effect on my mission points, too!
--Ethan: Yeah yeah, I know. But the same goes for you. You'd better not trip me up!
--Hyuga: You obviously don't have to worry about that.
---(Again)
--Hyuga: Don't waste too much time or it may have an effect on our mission points!
(Add Hyuga to Party)
--Hyuga: To start the "Guarding the Milate 04" mission, go to the Linear Train platform. For Free Missions, go to the Flyer Base.
(Remove Hyuga from Party)
--Hyuga: Don't waste too much time, lest it have an effect on our mission points!

Holtes City: East District
-------------------------------------
(Talk to Karen)
--Ethan: What's wrong, Karen? Restless?
--Karen: Hm? Ethan... No, I'm just afraid to drop my guard and have the headmaster grab my behind again.
--Ethan: What an old perv!
--Karen: Show some respect. With a mere touch, he can read your body's balance and condition for that day.
--Ethan: Are you kidding me?
--Karen: Nope. That's just one of the headmaster's many abilities. He really got me that time!
--Ethan (thinking): What are some of his other abilities?
---(Again)
--Karen: It doesn't matter. In any case, Headmaster Nav should not be taken lightly. Don't drop your guard for an instant!
(Add Karen to Party)
--Karen: Well then. I'll see you at the mission counter.
(Remove Karen from Party)
--Karen: In order to carry out the Milate 04 mission. Hyuga, Nav, and I are all required partners.

Holtes City: Guardians Branch
--------------------------------------------
(Lou)
(After meeting Lucaim Lav, Lou appears)
--Lou: This time you'll be guarding the Milate 04?
--Ethan: Why do you always know so much about me? Could it be that you've got a bit of a thing for me? Hm?
--Lou: I've got no such thing.
--Ethan: Oh really?
--Lou: Recently, the number of train cargo robberies has seen a dramatic increase. So be very careful.
--Ethan: I will.
---(Again)
--Lou: Watch out for the red pirate ship.

(Sheena)
--Sheena: This time your mission are on a train? I never roded on a train before. You're luckiest!

Holtes City: West District
(Talk to Nav)
--Nav: I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got. But then, if there's no trouble, I won't be able to see that, will I? Hoohoohoo, well then? How about we work up a sweat with a Free Mission first?
--Ethan: Heh... Erm... Well...
----(Again)
--Nav: I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got.
(Add Nav to Party)
--Nav: Great! I'll be waiting at the mission counter.
(Remove Nav from Party)
--Nav: What's wrong? Aren't you ready for the mission yet?

(Start Mission "The Milate 04")
(Cutscene)
(A large blue train starts up and pulls out of the station, gaining tremendous speed as it exits the yard and zips across the Parum landscape suspended on photon rails)
(End Cutscene)

Milate 04: Onboard
----------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Hyuga, Karen, Nav)
--Ethan: Two people to a group?
--Nav: Yup. For this mission we'll be patrolling the train during it's course, in two-person teams. Four people are required for this mission, which is one of the reasons I'm participating. But mostly, I just want to see the two of you in action.
--Karen: Headmaster Nav makes the final decision about your training completion. That's still quite a ways off, but this is a good opportunity to demonstrate your abilities.
--Hyuga: Understood.
--Nav: Well then, Mr. Waber, you'll be with me! Mr. Ryght, you will accompany Karen. These will be the teams. Mr. Waber and I will take Cars 1 through 4. Karen and Hyuga, you'll have Cars 5 through 8.
--Ethan: Got it.
--Nav: Great, let's go!
(The teams divides and the scene fades. Fade-in to Ethan and Nav in Car 3)
--Ethan: There's nothing going on in Car 3, Headmaster Nav.
--Nav: Then let's move on to the next car, shall we?
(Ethan and Nav proceed through to the next car)
--Ethan: Headmaster, did you know my... my father?
--Nav: Is this really the best time to be discussing private matters?
--Ethan: S-Sorry.
--Nav: You're wondering about your father, eh?
--Ethan: Yeah.
--Nav: Olson Waber was a very capable man. A model Guardian in every sense of the word. There wasn't anyone I'd rather have had take my place after my retirement. It was a real shame we lost him. I'm sure you feel the same.
--Ethan: He may have been a great Guardian, but he wasn't such a good father. He was always working. He never came home! I barely have any memories of him from childhood. To be honest, I'm not sure I ever really loved him.
--Nav: Waber... Do you still feel that way?
--Ethan: I don't know. Since I joined the GUARDIANS, I feel like I'm beginning to understand him a little better.
--Nav: Well, for now I won't say anymore about Olson. Finish your training period safely. When you've come to terms with being an upstanding Guardian yourself, we'll talk again.
--Ethan: Headmaster...
--Nav: Enough with the small talk! On with the business at hand!
(Ethan and Nav proceed to Car 1)
(End Scene)

(Cutscene)
(Ethan and Nav walk into the train's engine and navigation compartment. There are no attendants, just a computer terminal and several large screens)
--Ethan: Huh? Where is everyone?
--Nav: This train is completely automated, all run by computer navigation. Train Master, any problems?
--Train Master: No. No system malfunctions detected.
(Nav and Ethan approach the terminal)
--Nav: Good, good.
--Ethan: The train, it talks.
--Karen: Ethan, do you copy?
(Ethan answers his comm unit)
--Ethan: Karen, everything seems to be normal right now. I'm in train car 1.
--Karen: Roger, Ethan. Then I will head to...
--Ethan: Karen? Karen, you're breaking up.
--Nav: What's wrong?
--Ethan: The connection got cut off...
(The train shakes as if something struck it)
--Ethan: Ack! What was that?!
--Train Master: An external entity has accessed the locomotive system.
--Nav: What?!
--Train Master: Intrusion countermeasures have been activated, but intrusion levels have already breached 30%.
--Nav: Oh great! It's being hacked!
--Ethan: Hacked?!
(The train shakes again)
--Ethan: Ahh!
(A large tentacled robotic enemy appears behind Nav and Ethan)
--Nav: It's a Dilla Greena!
--Ethan: A Dilla... what?!
--Nav: It's a mobile hacking terminal. It's trying to take over the train!
(Ethan activates his photon saber and rushes at the Dilla Greena, striking it hard and disabling it)
--Ethan: Haaa!
--Nav: Very well done, Mr. Waber!
--Ethan: Th-Thanks...
--Train Master: Infiltration level is rising. Multiple Dilla Greena detected throughout the system.
--Nav: Hmph. It's only a matter of time before the train is hacked.
--Ethan: What should we do?
--Nav: The train has it's own defensive programs... but the Dilla Greena are too quick. We need to beat them to the punch.
(Karen comms Ethan again)
--Karen: Ethan, what's happening?!
--Ethan: Karen, someone's attempting to hack the train.
--Karen: What?!
--Nav: Karen! I'm going to link with the train's computer and try to override the hacking myself. I need your team to fight off the Dilla Greena!
--Karen: Roger! Headmaster, will do...
(Nav approaches the terminal and holds out his hand - sending sparks flying between him and the computer as he begins hacking)
--Nav: Uuuurgh...
--Ethan: Headmaster!
--Nav: What are you standing there for?! I told you to go! Go!
--Ethan: Y-Yes sir!
(End Cutscene)

(Exit to Milate 04: Car 2)

Milate 04: Car 2
-----------------------
(Trial Start)
(Kill three Dilla Greena)
(Trial End)
--Ethan: All right! I'll meet up with Karen's team!

Milate 04: Car 4
-----------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan rushes into the fourth car and meets Karen and Hyuga who are rushing to meet him)
--Karen: Ethan!
--Ethan: You guys okay?
--Karen: Yea, we eliminated all the Dilla Greena.
--Ethan: Good. That should buy us some time.
(The train shakes violently)
--Ethan: What was that?!
(Camera switches to an outside view of the train. A spacecraft approaches and hovers over it. Three ziplines descend, and three familiar looking silhouettes rappel down to the surface of the train and begin cutting a hole into the roof. A fourth man then descends, a beast with an x shaped scar on his forehead.)
(End Cutscene)

--Karen: Ethan, Hyuga, hurry! To Car 3!

Milate 04: Car 3
-----------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan, Hyuga, and Karen rush towards the next car)
--Karen: That's a rouge ship. They're pirates.
--Ethan: Pirates?! Huh!!!
(As the trio enters the third car the camera pans to three silhouetted forms)
--Familiar Voice: Back off losers! From now on, everything aboard this train belongs to us!
--Ethan: Who the heck are you?!
--Familiar Voice: Heh heh heh... You're kidding right? You really don't have any idea who we are? You should be afraid. We're the most dangerous rouges around! We are...
(The group of rouges pose as the lights illuminate the trio revealing them to be...)
--Hiru Vol: ... The great Vol Brothers!
--Ethan: Ah ha! I remember you pickpockets!
--Hiru Vol: You?! What are you doing here?!
--Ethan: You be very afraid. I'm a Guardian now!
--Hiru Vol: That's nothing. We've become very important men, too.
--No Vol: That's right, we're rouges now! We answer to no one but Tyler!
--Ethan: Rouges, pickpockets... What's the difference? You're still punks.
--Hiru Vol: We're gonna kick your...
--Ethan: Bring it on! You'll get another beating.
--Hiru Vol: Oh, you're gonna pay for that.
--No Vol: Argggg... I'm gonna tear your arms off!
--Hiru Vol: Wait... let's not be too hasty. Now... first things first. We have a mission remember?
--Do Vol: Huh?
--Hiru Vol: Isn't that right?
--Do Vol: Huh? Right? Oh RIGHT! Let's bring out the little guys!
--Ethan: Ha, look! The big bad rouges are afraid!
--Hiru Vol: We have more important matters to attend to.
--No Vol: We have someone else for you to play with!
--Ethan: What?!
--Karen: Ethan, above you!
(Several Gohma Dilla drop from the ceiling to confront Ethan's party)
--Hiru Vol: Say hello to my little pets! Heh he ha ha.
--Do Vol: Get 'em, guys! Tear them apart!
--Ethan: Come back and fight!
(The Vol Brothers, laughing, depart as the Ethan and party prepare to fight)
--Karen: Ethan, be careful.
--Ethan: I can handle them.
(End Cutscene)

(Trial Start)
(Fight your way through Cars 3 and 2)
(Trial End)

Milate 04: Car 1
-----------------------
(Cutscene)
(The Vol brothers enter the first car and see Lucaim Nav standing before them)
--Hiru Vol: Ha. Look at the tired old man. He thinks he's standing guard. Hey old geezer, come on now... you better get out of our way or you're gonna get hurt.
--Nav: Heh heh heh. Smells like someone forgot to take a bath.
--No Vol: Hey! We said move it!
(No Vol goes to push Nav threateningly, but Nav grabs his arm and spins him around... )
--No Vol: Owowowowowow!
--Nav: Didn't anyone teach you to be nice to your elders?
(Nav thrust's No Vol's arm up, throwing him off balance and then flipping him with a sweep)
--Hiru Vol: He's not an old man, he's a freak!
--Do Vol: I.. I'll take care of him! This is your last chance to move old man. Or I'll move you myself.
--Nav: Heh heh heh. Is that so?
--Do Vol: Graaaah!
(Do Vol throws a fierce punch, which Nav catches with one hand. Nav then punches with his other fist, sending Do Vol flying backwards. Hiru Vol glares at Nav in disbelief and anger)
--Nav: Come on. Come on.
--Hiru Vol: Come on nothin'. You're mine old man. Hiyaaa!
(Hiru Vol pulls a photon knife and lunges at Nav, taking a series of quick jabs at him - which Nav dodges effortlessly. Nav then performs a back flip kick, knocking the photon blade from Hiru's hand. He then performs a series of extremely fast punches to Hiru's abdomen - sending him reeling backwards)
--Nav: Ha! Ha! Ha!
(Nav then finishes Hiru with a series of jump kicks to the chest)
--Nav: Hiya ha ha.
(Hiru falls to the floor)
--Hiru: But... you're just an old... man.
(Hiru falls unconscious)
--Nav: Hooo....You should never judge a man by his appearance, boy.
(The door to Car 2 opens and Ethan, Karen, and Hyuga enter)
--Ethan: How did you..? Headmaster, you did all this?
--Nav: It was easy. I didn't even break a sweat!
--Karen: Ah, headmaster, you're as fit as ever.
--Nav: Thank you, and I'm only 178 years young! Heh heh heh heh.
(The train rocks again violently)
--Ethan: Ahh!
--Train Master: An anchor has been attached to the caboose.
--Nav: Looks like they're trying to board the train again. Karen! Stop any rouges that try to pass.
--Karen: Yes sir!
--Nav: Mr. Waber. Mr. Ryght. Follow me to the caboose!
--Ethan & Hyuga: Yes sir!
(End Cutscene)

(Talk to Karen)
--Karen: I'll keep an eye on these fools. You two go with Headmaster Nav and get to the last car. Hurry!

(Talk to the Vol Brothers)
--Hiru Vol: Damn.. I'll get you for this!
--No Vol: Hmph! Don't act like we're friends!
--Do Vol: D-Dang! T-This sucks!

(Fight through to car 4)

-----------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Hyuga, Nav, Bruce)
(As the party enters, they see a man who doesn't appear to be affiliated with the rouges)
--Nav: Who's there!?
--Bruce: Don't worry. I ain't no pirate! I'm a Guardian.
--Ethan: You again!
--Bruce: I thought there might be somethin' going down on this train, so I hopped aboard! Never thought it'd be the Tylor family, though.
--Nav: Bruce... It's been a while!
--Bruce: It's been too long, Headmaster Nav. Too long.
--Nav: I still can't convince you to change your mind, can I?
--Bruce: Nah. I think this line of work suits me much better.
--Nav: I see... Still, I'm holding out for the day you come back to us.
--Bruce: You're a peach, Headmaster. A real peach!
--Ethan (thinking): He knows the headmaster! He must be some kind of veteran. Who would've thunk?
(End Scene)

(Talk to Bruce)
--Bruce: Welcome! The Tylor family is widely feared, even by other rouges. Better take real good care!
--Ethan: Yeah. I'm trying.
---(Again)
--Bruce: The Tylor family is feared, even by other rouges. Better take real good care!

Milate 04: Car 5
-----------------------
(Trial Start)
--Nav: They're focusing the DG attacks on Car 7! Hurry up, you two!

Milate 04: Car 7
------------------------
(Trial Clear)

(Cutscene)
--Ethan: We did it, headmaster! Uh... Headmaster?
(Nav appears to be out of it, as be rocks back and forth on his heels. He then crashes over, unconscious)
--Ethan: Headmaster, are you alright?
(Ethan comms Karen)
--Ethan: Karen! The headmaster just fell over. He... He's not moving!
--Karen: Ah... it's true then...
--Ethan: What? What's wrong with him?
--Karen: I heard rumors that the headmaster suffers from ICS.
--Ethan: I... ICS? What's that?
--Karen: Instant Crash Syndrome. It happens to CASTs near the age of 200. It comes on suddenly, without warning... just causes their systems to shut down.
--Ethan: But what do we do?!
(Camera changes to Karen's location)
--Karen: Leave him for now. We've gotta move and there's nothing we can really do for him.
(A small spherical object rolls into the room next to Karen's feet and begins billowing gas)
--Karen: I-It's gas!
(Camera switches to Ethan's position)
--Ethan: Karen? Karen!!
--Hyuga: What? What happened?
--Ethan: Karen must be in danger! Take care of the headmaster.
--Hyuga: I will. Be careful!
--Ethan: Don't worry. I'll be fine!
(End Cutscene)

(Talk to Hyuga)
--Hyuga: I'll stay with Headmaster Nav. I'm worried about Karen. Please hurry!

------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Vol Brothers)
(As Ethan enters the second room of car four, he's met by the Vol Brothers)
--Hiru Vol: Hehehe! The kid packs a punch, doesn't he?
--Ethan: Hey chumps! Where's Karen?
--No Vol: Ah, if you mean that pretty little Guardian, we took good care of her.
--Ethan: Liar! As if any of you could put a scratch on Karen.
--Do Vol: T-That's rude!
--Ethan: Yeah it is, now get out of my way!
--Hiru Vol: Whoops, you can't pass through here that easily.
--No Vol: This is where you say bye-bye.
--Do Vol: Y-You're in our way!
--Ethan: Then I guess we'll have to get this out of the way first.
--Hiru Vol: Hehehe! You sure you're up for it?
(End Scene)

(Trial Start)
(Defeat the Vol Brothers)
(Trial End)

--Ethan: (Please let Karen be alright!)

Milate 04: Car 3
------------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan continues running towards the first car when he's stopped by the beast with the scar n his forehead)
--Ethan: Who are you?!
--Alfort Tyler: A Guardian who actually lives up to the reputation.
--Ethan: You're the leader of these rouges?
--Tyler: Right on the first try. Name's Alfort Tyler, captain of the Landeel.
--Ethan: Ethan Waber, of the GUARDIANS! Captain of myself!
(Ethan draws his saber)
--Tyler: You really want to fight me?
(Tyler draws his saber is response)
--Tyler: Perhaps you should reconsider.
--Ethan: We'll see about that! Yaaah!
(Ethan rushes Tyler with a series of furious strikes, all of which are easily avoided or blocked. Tyler then uses his saber to disarm Ethan. He kicks Ethan hard in the gut, sending Ethan to the ground. Tyler places his blade at Ethan's throat)
--Ethan: Ugh!
--Tyler: It would be a shame to kill you now.
(Tyler withdraws his blade)
--Tyler: You hold so much promise. Perhaps we'll fight again.
(A small beast girl pokes her head out over a window on the ceiling)
--Liina: Tyler! I've gathered the idiot brothers!
--Tyler: Good work. I'm all done here. Lower the rope.
--Liina: Aye sir!
(A metallic rope drops from the ceiling, and Tyler prepares to depart)
--Ethan: Hold on! What did you do with Karen?!
--Liina: Don't worry... She's just taking a nice little nap.
--Tyler: Liina never kills unless it's truly necessary.
--Ethan: Ugh...
--Tyler: Perhaps we shall meet again... Ethan.
(The rope retracts out of the ceiling, taking Tyler along with it. The scene changes to Tyler and Liina outside ascending on their ropes to the Landeel, the beaten Vol Brothers in tow. Liina points out to two approaching craft with flashing lights)
--Liina: Tyler, look! It's a Parum police patrol ship!
--Tyler: They're faster than I thought. Alright, we're leavin'!
--Liina: Aye aye.
(Once everyone is aboard, the Landeel disengages from the train and streaks off towards the stars. The scene then once again changes back to Ethan as he rushes to Karen's side)
--Ethan: Karen! Talk to me, Karen?! Karen!
--Karen: Ethan...
--Ethan: You're okay...
--Karen: The gas... it knocked me out. I'm sorry. I should have been more alert. They kidnapped some people, and ran off with the cargo.
--Ethan: It's not your fault. Those weren't your average run of the mill rouges.
--Karen: He he he...
--Ethan: I don't get it. What's so funny?
--Karen: I'm sorry...It's just that I never thought that you would be the one comforting me.
--Ethan: Karen. I don' t need comforting now! Not with muscles like these!
--Both: Hah hah hah hah!
(Magashi enters and stands before them)
--Magashi: Well, we meet again...
--Ethan: Magashi!
--Magashi: How can you sit there laughing when you just let all the cargo get stolen?
--Ethan: Hey man, you need to get off our case! We were outnumbered and outmatched! There wasn't anything we could do!
(Magashi snatches Ethan by the throat and lifts him off the ground, choking him)
--Ethan: Ugh!
--Magashi: Enough of your excuses. Standing by while rouges steal our research materials?
--Karen: What is your problem, Magashi? It's not as if we didn't try to stop them. It's my fault for not realizing how strong they'd be. The GUARDIANS are doing everything we can to help you!
--Magashi: Hm! Don't make me laugh! The GUARDIANS are nothing but a bunch of idiots who are always getting in the way!
(Magashi throws Ethan to the ground. Ethan gasps for air, and Karen rushes to his side)
--Karen: Ethan, you okay?
--Magashi: The next time you interfere, will be your last!
(Magashi turns and departs)
(End Cutscene)

(Cutscene)
(The G-Flyer returns to the base. Aboard, Karen, Ethan, and Hyuga discuss the events of the day. Nav is sitting unconscious in the back seat)
--Hyuga: Well, that was a disaster. The rouges got away with half the cargo. It's probably a good thing the headmaster is asleep. Otherwise I'm sure we'd be getting an earful.
--Karen: The Tyler clan are the toughest rouges I've ever seen. I don't know if there's any way to beat them.
--Ethan: Did you see that guy, Tylor? His skills were very impressive. Well, I'll tell you one thing though, man... I need to get a lot stronger before I face him again.
--Karen: Yeah...
--Nav: Heh heh heh heh! Excellent! Use those feelings!
--Ethan: Head-Headmaster!! You're awake!!
--Nav: It is only through your failures that you may truly know yourselves. Failure is a form of strength you see, it's the seed which causes all of us to grow.
--Ethan: Well then. I'll be growing much stronger!
--Hyuga: And I will too sir!
--Nav: Heh heh heh... Good, good. How about... we start training right now!? I know of a rigorous training course nearby.
--Karen: Ha ha ha. Headmaster Nav, he's the toughest in the galaxy.
--Ethan: Huh?! Oh no...! I promised my sister I would come over.
--Nav: Hmm?! Changing your mind already?
--Hyuga: Um... yeah, me too. I have a date tonight.
--Nav: What's wrong with you two? What happened to getting stronger? That's it, demerits!
--Ethan & Hyuga: Oh, come on!
(The G-Flyer zooms off into the horizon)
(End Cutscene)

(Ending Cinema)

Episode 5 Preview
-------------------------------
--Narrator: Ethan and his companions fly down to Neudaiz, the second planet in the Gurhal system. In Ohtoku City, the center of the Communion of Gurhal, Ethan again meets the Divine Maiden. What secrets of Karen's past will be revealed? Next time on Phantasy Star Universe: The Divine Maiden.

Episode Five: Alternate Preview
---------------------------------------------
--Nav: Ha ha ha. Your training is still incomplete, Mr. Waber.
--Ethan: Yes sir. Please teach me what you can.
--Nav: Calm your impulses and focus your mind.
--Nav: Well, what do you see?
--Ethan: It's hazy... I can't make anything out.
--Nav: You cannot see, because you let your feelings distract you.
--Ethan: Yes sir. Sorry!
--Nav: Turn inward, and gaze upon the smooth reflecting surface of the water, Mr. Waber.
--Ethan: Sir, I can't see anything!
--Nav: Look with your mind's eye, boy! Your mind's eye!
--Ethan: But sir, you have telescopic goggles. You should be able to see fine.
--Nav: No, no that's no good! I'm old and my eyes aren't what they used to be.
--Karen: Hey! Who's out there?! Show yourself!
--Nav: Look out, Mr. Waber! Run! Next time, Phantasy Star Universe: The Divine Maiden. See you then!
--Ethan: Uh.. Sir! Man, I never seen anyone run so fast!