Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do the weapons load faster than they did on psu? I used to hate the lag when changing weapons.

I could go for the pc version but I can't run in full screen cuz my card won't run it well. Are there any other differences between the two versions??

They do load slightly faster. Most noticable on Rods, but it is still pretty slow.

Also on PS2, the Mizuras have been fixed. They do more than just sit like little turrets now. They actually fly around while shooting, getting up in your face and have that little run-you-over move. Line shield effects were NOT fixed on PS2 though. Blocking with Rabol Rappy or Loveheart Line still has the basic shield animation and not the feathers/heart.

I have noticed that the weapons load faster, but 4+ person games still slowdown to all hell, and weapon lag in those games are still the same. I guess this is the best they can do.

:/ I still have to wait awhile to be able to use my weapons in full parties. It's so annoying.
    Aeryn - 150 Newman ♀ | Kylie - 150 Human ♀ | Zael - 150 Beast ♂ | Sonja - 150 CAST ♀

Never forget.

-h
    Dallas, but it's not the same without cursing, okay?!

As long as weapons don't deload...

wow no animations for the line shields? dang..

This is dissapointing..

Did they at least allow you to play the PC version without needing a 1028TB video card?

On 2007-11-23 04:38, northleaf wrote:
    wow no animations for the line shields? dang..
    Ya gotta bear in mind the amoutn fo extra framerate that takes up .htey have kept lil things like that out of ps2 ver to speed it up.Also i use rabol rappy alot so i would realy like to see its animation but alas im also on ps2 .
    -=Role Players Union=-If your into rp light heavy or otherwise please join up

----Attention everyone who wants to know about the PS2 quality----

Yeah, i just got my PS2 AotI copy from gamestop, and later on today ill report on the improvements to the game, if any.

I dont have access to network mode though, so ill do what i can.

Okay, so ive finally gotten my PS2 AoI copy. Most of you people who are limited to only playing this game on PS2, im making this list of changes so you wont feel so in the dark.

Q: Did they fix the frigging framerate lag?
    A: For the most part, Yes and No. I dont have access to the Network mode right now, so im running off of the Storymode, but the slowdown seems to have been repaired as much as it can, but during 5/6 member parties the game has still been reported to lag.

Q: Did they at least fix the weapon loading times?
    A: From what ive played, YES they very much so did. Although it still may take a second for them to load at the start of the block, they Cycle EXTREMELY quick now, and you can almost attack instantly. Most ive gotten was 2 seconds, at MOST 3. I havent tested Rods yet, if they load any slower than the other weapons then ill let you know.

Few more changes:

- The font on the numbers and letters have been upgraded, and they do look alot better now. (i remember 360 players talking about that, i know what they mean now.)

-I think a few partical effects have been added.

-------Offline/ Storymode / Extramode changes -----

Changes :

-Rares drop like effing candies on halloween. On my first run (Fight for Food A) i got 4 Crea Doubles boards, a completed Neutral Masamunera sword, and a plethora of rare materials. In Plains Overloard B i picked up like 5 Vahara Nails AND boards, and still more rare materials.

-You dont have the acro classes or anything, but you DO get access to all the weapon types available, including Madoogs, Shadoogs, Axes, Cards, and Whips.

-Storymode has pretty goddamn awesome cutscenes.

-In storymode, your character (granted its a hunter) starts with a Sword, Saber, and Twin saber, complete with spinning strike, Tornado Break, and SPLENDOR CRUSH photon arts already learned. (What the hell, rite?)

-Cap is at 200, and you level tons quicker.

- The missions available to you are actually the Network Mode counterparts from PSU vanilla. They have rank C B and A, but no S.

-Your character gets new voice clips added to the orginal. They really arent that cheezy / Anime Esque as i thought they would be, so be REALLY happy. My old extra mode Beast screams "NOW YOUVE PUSHED ME TOO FAR!" when he nanoblasts, and it actually sounds damn cool. Be lucky i didnt add this under Negetive.

-The shops mirror the network mode counterparts from psu vanilla.

---Negetives :

-There is absent almost any voice acting outside the new cutscenes. The mouths move, but there is no sound coming out of them. Effing lame.

Thats about it. Feel free to ask me anything about the PS2 version performance, and ill try to answer it for you.

___Added changes/impressions section!______
    -------------------------------------------

-I Along with Episode 2 missions, upon completing chapters you unlock new Free missions, and of the missions ive completed, some of them seem to be AotI exclusive. 2 of those ive unlocked have been in PSU vanilla stages, but one of them included a AotI stage. (the green place with the mushrooms and stuff.)

-There is only C,B, and A rank missions, but the A rank missions have the S-Rank mission enemies included in the stage. Also, different blocks have significantly different level enemies from what ive seen so far. Towards the end of Plains Overlord A, i started off doing really well and almost got killed like 8 times by the last block. Boss is still a pushover though XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-23 17:52 ]</font>