Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check here out =D

Very detailed article about the plot of episode 3.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/492/492458p1.html

Phantasy Star Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution
    You want story? You've got it.

Episode III
    In 3090, Principal Tyrell was supplanted by Dol Grisen because Tyrell had been unable to explain the destruction of Pioneer 1. Under Grisen's dictatorial rule, Pioneer 2 declared its independence from Coral. Grisen, in his lust for more power, allocated the majority of the ship's resources to the military -- primarily towards the development of cloning Technology.

As Pioneer 2's scientists researched cloning in accordance with Grisen's mandate, they discovered an energy source that rivaled Photon in power. This technology, dubbed C.A.R.D. Technology, is able to seal the world's phenomena into cards. These cards can hold anything from animals and weapons to skills and techniques, which can be instantly materialized at the whim of the user. To increase the development of C.A.R.D. Technology, Pioneer 2 began the colonization of Ragol.

A group of Hunters on Pioneer 2 are allowed to use this experimental C.A.R.D. Technology to help carry out the requests of scientists, who are directly under Grisen's command. Most requests are to counter the acts of a rebel group known as Arkz. The Arkz have learned how to replicate C.A.R.D. Tech and have managed to apply it to the creatures of Ragol. With their new found power, the Arkz fight against the development of Ragol by Pioneer 2's government.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VenusGravity on 2004-02-14 08:26 ]</font>

This is pretty good information

Finally atlast more info on the storyline is released

If you haven't already... Play Endu's character offline...
    Endu probably has the strongest storyline in the game.

It expands off that a lot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-02-14 15:17 ]</font>

Interesting!

Thanks for the info.

great info

That article helped me ALOT! As i'm on PSO EP3 JP version..and had no idea what the plot was, and now it makes the offline mode so fun for me again..

It also seems true, when sega said they made PSO EP3 actually have a story line unlike PSO EP1 2.

From looking at that article, when it's released in US. I'm going to be addicted to the story.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VenusGravity on 2004-02-15 10:48 ]</font>

Finally! Thanks for posting this. It really helps.

Even so, I'll probably have to buy the game not because I actually want to play it, but because I want to know the rest of the story.

"Under Grisen's dictatorial rule, Pioneer 2 declared its independence from Coral"

Coral was destroyed. How can they declare independance from a dead planet ? Wasn't it already established that Pioneer 2 had it's own form of government, as in, the Principal was the ruler.

Well that article certainly has some issues. The question I have to ask is: was IGN basing the information solely off of what ST created for Episode 3 or did they embellish some?

I have a problem with the manner for the Pioneer Project to explore Ragol. According to this article it is completely different than what was established in the original releases of PSO (ver.1, ver.2, and E1&2). With the original releses, we learned that Coral had become uninhabitable and that the Pioneer Project was their last ditch effort to save their race. They needed to find a new home, or face utter extinction. Even the opening and ending themes from the original PSO releases would indicate that they're searching for something necessary for survival.

Heck, why don't I just quote directly from the game...

The "Pioneer Project" -- a plan born of desperation, conceived in response to the imminent destruction of their home worlds. See footnote.

As plans for the evacuation began, unmanned probes were sent into deep space to find a habitable planet. When a potential site was discovered, the first intersellar transport ship, Pioneer 1, was sent to establish a colony.

Pioneer 1 confirmed that the planet Ragol was a suitable location, and the initial colonists started preparing for the main wave of refugees, beginning with the construction of the Central Dome.

7 years later...

Pioneer 2 completed its long voyage with the main wave of refugees aboard.

But as Pioneer 2 entered orbit and opened a communications link with the Central Dome, an enormous explosion shook the entire planet.

All contact with the thousands of men and women of Pioneer 1 was lost...

Footnote: I found it interesting that it says home worlds, plural. The games never talk about more than just Coral. So either saying "worlds" is just an error in the opening movie that ST never fixed, or there's other worlds involved that are not mentioned. The Phantasy Star history buffs could probably come up with better hypotheses on this issue than I could.

Things that make you go *insert confused sound here*.

However, I'm bothered by this. Assuming ST was the one who instigated the changes to the storyline... I really don't like that. That's a total Disney-ism to take your own story and bastardize it for your own gain. No shame at all, ST has...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-02-15 17:56 ]</font>