PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: You guys use the headsets, or no?

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2006, 04:00 PM
When you play PSU, and are partied up - do you use the headset at all? I'm thinking of attaching mine, as I don't have a keyboard for PSU.

Dyssaan
Dec 31, 2006, 11:48 AM
If you don't have a KB, Headset is mandatory if you plan on communicating at all. On 360, there are many parties that are running mics only, since mics are more prevalent than kb.

Ideally you will want both. Since you can't send SM's with a mic and mic chatter is limited to your room, a private xbox live channel or your party. You can't talk to the masses outiside of the in game KB or your presets. And many people will have grown old and passed away by the time you finish a sentence if try to communicate that way..lol

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 07:50 PM
I use either the kb or the headset depending on who is in the party.

Zelutos
Dec 31, 2006, 11:57 PM
When i was playing the Beta, i only had the headset in to hear any instructions. Everything else being said was horribly annoying and i quit playing before the beta ended. That is why I went PS2 -- because i couldn't stand the stupid things people were talking about while playing.

Yuicihi
Jan 1, 2007, 06:48 PM
I use a keyboard, I smashed my mic. (Don't ask.)
However, people act as though I can't hear what they're saying...

omegapirate2k
Jan 2, 2007, 02:12 AM
I use the headset whenever it's convenient and everybody can hear me, otherwise I type.

Garroway
Jan 2, 2007, 12:01 PM
I use both but the people I tend to group with use text primarily. There are groups that don't allow members without a mic but I don't really like those groups for lots of other reasons. Different people have different tastes and odds are you already know which you prefer. Whether your think the headset is better or text is better you're probably right.

Itchee
Jan 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
Yea...I use both. But on a side note....I recommend picking up the XBox Wireless Headset...its so much nicer than the wired one that comes with the console. It has alot more clarity and doesnt pick up sporadic background noise anywhere as much as the wired model.

Yuicihi
Jan 3, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-01-03 08:59, Itchee wrote:
Yea...I use both. But on a side note....I recommend picking up the XBox Wireless Headset...its so much nicer than the wired one that comes with the console. It has alot more clarity and doesnt pick up sporadic background noise anywhere as much as the wired model.

Nah, I can't live without hearing, "Ihr Amerikaner kaempft wie Franzosen!" playing through my headset from some guy who had his sound up to loud on CoD3.

Itchee
Jan 3, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-01-03 09:05, Yuicihi wrote:

On 2007-01-03 08:59, Itchee wrote:

Nah, I can't live without hearing, "Ihr Amerikaner kaempft wie Franzosen!" playing through my headset from some guy who had his sound up to loud on CoD3.

Haha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif