PDA

View Full Version : About Forces

Roy-Mustang
Dec 29, 2006, 04:26 PM
I just started a FOmar that will be purely support and tech user, so I need some advices. He has a mag Rati 6 def, 144 mind, 50 dex, 0 pow, right now at lvl 14 with hildebear's cane, frameX4, god/mind and god/bodyX3. Playing with a force with only tech is hard? or is harder than melee?

Banish
Dec 29, 2006, 04:34 PM
Normal, right?

Since you have 0 POW for your Mag, Casting seems like your only choice.

Playing FOrces with Techs are hard at first, but will soon become promising. Once a Force has all magic disks, merges, and canes, they will be like a never-ending-casting sorceror.

And trust me, melee is much, much harder. Try "Central Fire Dome Swirl" with a Force. You can't use any techs, for safety concerns, but can only use a weapon. Holy Ray comes in handy in that quest. Even on Normal, my FOmar can't kill a Gigabooma/Hildebear in one hit.
Forces are ment to be elemental casters, not beating someone with your cane...

I hope this answers your question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

werewolfking
Dec 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
forces are very good but only at higher lvls i suggest equip 2 wizard/techniques very useful

Roy-Mustang
Dec 29, 2006, 04:57 PM
I guess I will look for higher tech disk with one of my characters on ultimate and pass it to him.

Undeadpriest
Dec 29, 2006, 04:59 PM
yes and if your characters in Ultimate can find some God/mind i suggest you to hunt for one.

Drakorn
Dec 29, 2006, 05:45 PM
If you have a pinkal then that be the best for finding high level disks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif, It is hard at the beginning but gets easier when it levels up, i got a FOmar level 44 using weapons than casting and it seems really easy.

FelixFelicis
Dec 29, 2006, 05:51 PM
Ugh.. why bother using FOmar? FOnewms and FOnewearls have better MST than FOmar. Especially if you are going to be a pure tech'er. I think you should change your character before anythign.

And if you have to choose between FOnewearl and FOnewm, it all comes down to whether you already have the right stuff. If you don't, then I suggest FOnewm. It is easy to level up newm at earlier levels due to his superiority in battle hordes of monsters with ease.

However, if you already have the right stuff for forces, I suggest FOnewearl. You would get further using FOnewearl than FOnewm. Also, they are cuter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aftermathrar
Dec 30, 2006, 12:38 AM
Well, if you're planning on being a support Force, then FOnewearl is the way to go, she has boosts to most of her Support and Healing spell ranges, and her basic casts (Foie, Barta, Zonde) also get a boost. FOnewms are better at offensive than support, at least in comparison to the Fonewearl, as his strong spells (Gi-, Ra-) are the ones that receive a boost.

And yeah, it can be tough in the beginning when you have low level techniques and low TP, but on Vhard/Ult you destroy everything very easily. In fact, my FOnewearl with pretty awful equipment (I still have to use Angel/Mind++'s) managed to beat Dark Falz in Ultimate around level 80 without much trouble (Died once from Ice->Darvant attack in second form), which is a lot lower than my other characters were able to.

Roy-Mustang
Dec 30, 2006, 12:42 AM
I already have a FOnewearl on Pinkal, is just that my fav character is FOmar.

Black_Fang
Dec 31, 2006, 09:06 PM
I prefer FOmar's too, even though they don't have as much technique power. Mostly with my guy I try to balance melee and technique, that way i don't have to depend on just one thing. Though casting is a much easier thing, just remember that he can't stand there and have his TP go up on its own like a FOnewm or a FOnewearl. So keep a lot of fluids just in case. ^-^

Undeadpriest
Dec 31, 2006, 10:24 PM
I really hate the FO class its costing too much money for buying fluid.I'm made for close combat only.But its useful to have a FO backing you up when you are in multiplayer.SHIFTA DEBAND POWER!!!

werewolfking
Jan 1, 2007, 06:46 AM
idk the RA class is the best close up far back and spells plus they get some of the rarest items like guld milla and snow queen

DarthJeeba
Jan 1, 2007, 02:37 PM
Pure techer is much easier to use. Playing melee is harder since there are not many good melee weapon to use

Nidramag
Jan 1, 2007, 03:02 PM
ranger is kind of boring, always away from the fight. Hunter is ok, I guess. but forces are awesome, being able to cast spells and knocking out enimies at distance, if you tire of that SD yourself and run in with mechguns or a double saber and beat the crap outta everything, fluids do not really matter AS MUCH (it seems) later, when you get weapons that can throw spells, find fluids often enough anyway, and have a good fighting weapon.

Drakorn
Jan 1, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2006-12-31 19:24, Undeadpriest wrote:
I really hate the FO class its costing too much money for buying fluid.I'm made for close combat only.But its useful to have a FO backing you up when you are in multiplayer.SHIFTA DEBAND POWER!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Same mind eh? 3 days ago I went on multiplayer mode with my Hunter and Force and give shifta and deband to my hunter so he has 2556 ATP, and whenever my Hunter dies then my force can use reverser on him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif