PDA

View Full Version : Some offline questions...

OdinTyler
Dec 30, 2006, 01:23 PM
First, let me say that I currently can play offline only. I dont have online access at home so until then, offline only. My questions concern offline/online comparisons & other miscellaneous issues. Heres what I can think of for now:

1) Is Expert Class available offline? If not, does that mean I can level to 100 & thats it?

2) Are certain PMs available only online (through use of special items)?

3) Can any char offline (regardless of class type) make any PM & is there one solid guide I can look through (with pictures preferably) to choose the PMs I want?

4) Are there alot of items available online that arent offline?

5) Ive noticed that groups offline are only up to 4 people. Is it still 6 people online (as reported) or was it shrunk to 4? Ive noticed alot of slowdown (even offline). Id deal with the slowdown online (when I get on) as 6 people would be great to group with. Just wondered how online would be handled with 2 extra people.

6) Are certain weps like the axe & grenade launcher (& other such weapons not normally available in stores) available offline through drops, synthesis or eventual leveling up & store appearances? My beast REALLY needs his axe!

Bear in mind, Im not lazy. LOL I just have limited time online here at the library & as Im posting this, Im trying to research PSU info myself. It just helps to try different avenues & any help I can receive means less questions I have to ask. Still, I am trying to find out what I can so thank you for understanding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OdinTyler on 2006-12-30 10:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OdinTyler on 2006-12-30 10:34 ]</font>

Cassee
Dec 30, 2006, 02:01 PM
1) Expert classes aren't available offline, no. There aren't as many restrictions on the regular three classes, though, but I don't think it'll make up for it.
2) I'm pretty sure the special-item PMs are online only, but I'm not even sure they're -available- online yet.
3) As long as we're talking about the basic five, then yes, an offline character can have any PM. The values for item feeding are different, and PMs have earlier evolution times offline than on.
4) YES. God yes, there's a huge difference in item amounts between offline and online modes. Of course, most of the online stuff is synth/drop only, so it'll take some time to see it all.
5) Online groups -are- six people. Just ask the crazy group I had going at 6:30 AM this morning~
6) I haven't seen any axes offline, so I'd have to say no there.

Hope this helps! (and also hope that i'm not entirely late on replying -- what a terrible first impression -that'd- be, eh?)