PDA

View Full Version : Any moderation on these boards?

Beamther0x
Dec 30, 2006, 09:02 PM
When I first came to PSOW i though it was a really "formal" (gaming formal i guess) community, but when I got to the boards I noticed that its not really moderated at all. Hopeful and fun topics are destroyed by trolls and left to rot. Do the PSOW forums not have moderators? I really dont want to see this place corroded like LUE. What does everyone think? need moderation? forget moderation?

DonRoyale
Dec 30, 2006, 09:07 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, the PSOW mods do a fine job.

They recently deleted two pointless threads, and don't hesitate to lock/delete anything that veers off-topic, becomes a flame fest, or doesn't relate to the point of the board.

>>

Parn
Dec 30, 2006, 09:08 PM
They didn't seem very pointless to me!

roygbiv
Dec 30, 2006, 09:09 PM
I think things recently have been pretty crazy with the launch of PSU etc. My guess would be in a couple of months things calm down more to the extent that the current moderation team can deal with stuff.

I personally think that things have calmed down a lot since everyone stopped playing psu the chaos of the launch.

(Also this should be in site-related)

Sychosis
Dec 30, 2006, 09:10 PM
On 2006-12-30 18:08, Parn wrote:

It was all jealousy.

Kirip-san
Dec 30, 2006, 09:13 PM
On 2006-12-30 18:10, Sychosis wrote:

On 2006-12-30 18:08, Parn wrote:

It was all jealousy.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Rizen
Dec 30, 2006, 09:14 PM
That or it was requested. >>

Plus they were about to veer off into a flame war thanks to a select individuals who love to troll and flame...

Kirip-san
Dec 30, 2006, 09:16 PM
On 2006-12-30 18:14, Rizen wrote:
That or it was requested. >>

Plus they were about to veer off into a flame war thanks to a select individuals who love to troll and flame...

They attacked my nyos. ; ;
No one wants to see angry me~nyo.

BloodDragoon
Dec 30, 2006, 09:28 PM
*Starts poking ~nyo's with a stick*

Are they edible?

On a more serious note. The mods here do a better job than an the ones on a number of other game related forums.

Arislan
Dec 30, 2006, 09:31 PM
::Performs a moderation action::
::Moves topic to another forum::
Tadaa!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2006-12-30 18:32 ]</font>

Mystil
Dec 31, 2006, 08:24 AM
3-4 years ago we had some stupid ass members. You saw A LOT of moderating then.

It's calmed down now.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 31, 2006, 12:57 PM
In fact Mystil, it really kicked up a few months ago around the time PSU was released. There were a great number of warnings distributed, accounts banned, sigs removed, and so on and so forth. We do still need more moderators in PSU General in particular, but it's gotten quite a bit better since around the time the first 28-day PSU accounts finally expired.

Bezmor
Jan 3, 2007, 03:35 AM
well i konw the mods work hard but in the pso 1,2,4 theres tons of bumping and arguments that are never stopped soon enough. But then again more people play psu so it doesnt matter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 3, 2007, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't say that it doesn't matter; though there are fewer moderators in PSO General than in PSU General, so it doesn't really get the coverage that PSU General gets.

Still, if you see something going down, use the PM Active Moderators (http://www.pso-world.com/sendalert.php) function.

DikkyRay
Jan 3, 2007, 05:06 PM
man the mods do a fine job.
Heck... maybe to fine a job with the warnings *coughrynacough*
Seriously.... The mods here (a least to my knowledge) give people warnings at the right moments, and close many topics before they get outta hand.
Now if I were a mod...... you would wish there wer more ryna/dhylecs/Meira's... etc
(and i dont plan to ever get mod status anyhoo... ah well theres always a small sliver of hope...)

Bezmor
Jan 3, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-01-03 13:57, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I wouldn't say that it doesn't matter; though there are fewer moderators in PSO General than in PSU General, so it doesn't really get the coverage that PSU General gets.

Still, if you see something going down, use the PM Active Moderators (http://www.pso-world.com/sendalert.php) function.

Ya the only mod ive seen in a while (in pso genral) is T0m and I think he is getting overwhelmed. but youd have to ask him.

Ryna
Jan 3, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-01-03 17:42, Bezmor wrote:
Ya the only mod ive seen in a while (in pso genral) is T0m and I think he is getting overwhelmed. but youd have to ask him.

T0m was brought on board to explicitly watch over the PSO forums. So if you see him moderating in PSO general, he is doing his job. As for being "overwhelmed", I see little evidence of that. T0m is doing a pretty good job.

DikkyRay
Jan 3, 2007, 09:36 PM
T0ms my hero for doing that.
he should get some sort of reward

Bezmor
Jan 3, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-01-03 18:36, DikkyRay wrote:
T0ms my hero for doing that.
he should get some sort of reward

I agree and i think theres others who would as well.