PDA

View Full Version : Pure Tech PM

MayLee
Dec 31, 2006, 12:24 AM
Since I'm debating on weather or not when I start over in a couple weeks, should I make a Pure Tech PM. I know they eat up your money ut it is something many people don't have and plus I like Forces. I just want to know, Is it good to have a a Pure TECH PM in battle and synthing or should I Tech an Impure Tech or something like a Strike PM?

The one I currently have hasn't even evolved yet, it's level 13 and it has a little more striking then Tech at the moment.

What type of Fruit juice should I feed it to build Tech, as well?

Please and thank you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2006-12-30 21:29 ]</font>

Umberger
Dec 31, 2006, 12:27 AM
All of the juice items and stuff will make your PM have more strike than tech.

I think the only way you can make it have more tech than strike is if you feed it weapons as well...I don't think the TECHNIC disks lower the strike stat.

So if you want tech...wands and disks. If you're a Force, you might just want to get a GH-410 and make a 450 on an alt or something.

Gamemako
Dec 31, 2006, 02:29 PM
Give it tech weapons and one-star tech disks and occasionally dimates (every 6 weapons or tech disks, give a dimate -- saves you maybe 10K in the long run). That's the only way to make a tech PM, and it costs 800K to get him to 100. I kid you not.

Honestly, go pure tech or go tech 420. I'm making a tech 420 (10 strike and 90 tech -- get the 10 strike first then tech all the way to 100) personally, since I have a wartecher and a pure tech PM wouldn't be too beneficial in combat. What you go with really depends on what you are and what you need. As a force/fortetecher, a 420 might be more effective in combat for you, as long as you're willing to accept the 3% deficiency in synth ability. Still, that synth ability is hard to give up when you're already spending 800K for the damn thing.

Umberger, a 410 is a HORRID choice for a force because it requires that your opponents be close to you before it attacks. Go Vahras will always hit you before the 410 starts attacking. Thus, get a 420 if you're a force. Independant personality owns the heck out of the 410's stick-close stuff when you can't afford to be up close.

Also, tech disks DEFINITELY DO lower the strike stat.

MayLee
Dec 31, 2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks alot, I will try that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

etlitch
Dec 31, 2006, 08:57 PM
It's going to cost you at least 1.3 mill over time to get an 100 TECH PM.

Feed it dimates, tech disks, and tech weapons. As low star as possible to save money.

imfanboy
Dec 31, 2006, 10:45 PM
Look, MayLee.

Take my advice.

You do NOT want a 450 partnered with an FO.

You want a PM that will take the front-line hits for you and act as a bodyguard - a 410 or 420 is optimal.

Save the 450 for a character that will NEED its help - like a fighgunner or fortegunner or something like that. If nothing else, when you start over, make an alt and keep the 450 on him/her.

When making a PM, you have to think not only of its synthing capabilities but also of its combat capabilities should you go solo - and the 450 (while good!) isn't what's best for a Force.

Trust me. Please? ^_^

Gamemako
Dec 31, 2006, 11:19 PM
I believe he's taking my advice and making a tech 420.

And I calculated, its actually 750K for a tech 420. It's a pain in the ass.

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 31, 2006, 11:32 PM
On 2006-12-31 19:45, imfanboy wrote:
Look, MayLee.

Take my advice.

You do NOT want a 450 partnered with an FO.

You want a PM that will take the front-line hits for you and act as a bodyguard - a 410 or 420 is optimal.

Save the 450 for a character that will NEED its help - like a fighgunner or fortegunner or something like that. If nothing else, when you start over, make an alt and keep the 450 on him/her.

When making a PM, you have to think not only of its synthing capabilities but also of its combat capabilities should you go solo - and the 450 (while good!) isn't what's best for a Force.

Trust me. Please? ^_^

You will want the 45x series for their later models due to support buffs and etc.

Spellbinder
Dec 31, 2006, 11:43 PM

I'd rather have my NPC Partners take care of that while my GH-450 Heals when I'm solo~

MayLee
Jan 1, 2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the advise. I'll get the 420, it's not too overly used.