PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Possible Dumb question: Locking on?

SolomonGrundy
Dec 31, 2006, 01:34 AM
I want to lock-on with my gun - and there are two options for this:

"hold" and "click" (default is hold). However I can't seem to make it work? Can someone patiently explain how to do each including exactly which button does what?

:-/

(and yes I feel stupid for asking)

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 31, 2006, 01:55 AM
Well, I'm assuming that your left trigger is the current "lockon/strafe" key. "Hold" means you have to hold down left trigger to lockon/strafe. Click toggles it--- With click on, you tap left trigger and you are "locked" into lockon/strafe. You tap left trigger again and your lockon/strafe goes off.

Did I miss something >_>;

Itsuki
Dec 31, 2006, 01:59 AM
To explain further what the button does, the button is called the "lockon/strafe" button.

lock-on: While USING A MELEE WEAPON (and with a target in range) you lock onto your target and left and right now circle strafe the enemy

strafe: While using force and ranged weapons you only strafe. You are still required to manually aim.

Sekani
Dec 31, 2006, 03:24 AM
Took me a long-ass time to figure out that you can't lock-on with ranged weapons. You can only strafe or aim in first-person (click right stick).

CelestialBlade
Dec 31, 2006, 03:30 AM
I realize how much of a pain it is that you can't truly lock-on with anything but melee weapons when I suddenly decide to play my Force. I use the lock-on system all the time with my Fortefighter, and it really makes you change your strategy a lot when you switch to a ranged attacker. I guess it's just learned.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 31, 2006, 04:39 AM
Aha, so you cannot lock on with ranged weapons, I'm not a (total) idiot! Although I don't recall ever locking on with a melee weapon, then again don't often hold that trigger down in melee...interesting...