PDA

View Full Version : Rare enemy question, again...

Blue-Hawk
Dec 31, 2006, 08:44 AM
After reading PSUpedia, I have a question. Can I get them in offline story or extra modes? It seems that all the data states I can't since the maps they show are for online only. So I guess no rare enemies for us, huh?

Has ANY offline only player seen a rare enemy yet?

Dhylec
Dec 31, 2006, 10:36 AM
The Bible doesn't say anything about rare enemies appearing offline. Plus, there is no info on them in Story mode. So, I think it's safe to say there is no rare enemies offline, until proven otherwise.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 31, 2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks. Looks like ST has screwed us single player people by letting us have 1/4 a game.

Pikadrew
Dec 31, 2006, 05:22 PM
I dunno if getting an entire offline mode with an actual storyline (albeit contrived) can be considered being screwed over. I was actually quite pleased with what ST did for single player in this game over PSO.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 31, 2006, 06:30 PM
On 2006-12-31 14:22, Pikadrew wrote:
I dunno if getting an entire offline mode with an actual storyline (albeit contrived) can be considered being screwed over. I was actually quite pleased with what ST did for single player in this game over PSO.

But that really leaves no point in playing extra mode offline anymore.

Soukosa
Dec 31, 2006, 08:40 PM
As one person put it once, extra mode is more like an offline demo of what the crowning point of the game is, online mode. The game was built around that and to fit in the story for it, they chose to put it in offline mode which does help with it.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 2, 2007, 02:28 AM
extra mode is also a great way to test when you'll like in terms of a character, Photon Arts, and Equiptment.

Since meseta is bountiful, and items are cheap, you can buy different equipment, run tests on the animations, etc, and then decide for your online character what is worth it, and what is not.