PDA

View Full Version : Equal treatment to PS2 users

Puppet_Papaya
Dec 31, 2006, 05:42 PM
I started thinking after reading this thread, here http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=131075&forum=20&72
I'm getting really tired of the common mentality that PC users have towards PS2 users. You PC users seem to think that people who play on the PS2 do so because they have to, because they can't do any better. Stop telling us how much more fun we'd be having if we'd just play on the PC. Some of us don't want to. I play on the PS2 because I WANT to. I find computers far too complicated as compared to the simplicity of just playing on the PS2.
Discuss.

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 05:43 PM
Agreed.

::lulz behind the inferior PS2 user's back::

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Retehi
Dec 31, 2006, 05:44 PM
No one ever notices the rants section on the forum index.

Discuss.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retehi on 2006-12-31 14:44 ]</font>

princejake2
Dec 31, 2006, 05:48 PM
People are so rude, jeez. Anyway, I'm on PS2 because I actually perfer the controller.

Careful
Dec 31, 2006, 05:49 PM
They should put ps2 and cpu on different servers. There will be less ps2 players then we will have to get the same updates as JP servers while cpu is stuck waiting for other stuff.

ChocoboChad
Dec 31, 2006, 05:51 PM
If I wanted to take an arguement against PC users, I'd say they suck because they made hacking possible.

But, I'm not. D:

I'm thinkin' it worked out for the best because the servers are small as it is. Could you imagine seperate servers for the PC and PS2? The PC might be alright...

Then again, how many people would migrate over because of hackin'/duping? It's not really a problem now, though...

And if they WERE seperate servers, they wouldn't be able to take their Username/Password back to the PC. Then they're stuck on the PS2...

o_O

McLaughlin
Dec 31, 2006, 05:52 PM
This is no different than the attitude the majority of users have towards Xbox 360 users.

People are stupid. Deal with it.

Sychosis
Dec 31, 2006, 05:55 PM
I'm going to start Coalition for the Ethical Treatment of Console Users (CETCU)

Who's with me?!?!

roygbiv
Dec 31, 2006, 05:57 PM
Wait what? PC vs. PS2 Rivalry? CALL IN THE XBOX FANBOYS!

Careful
Dec 31, 2006, 05:58 PM
No one likes you Xbox.

McLaughlin
Dec 31, 2006, 05:59 PM
Just call it the Stop Hating On People because they aren't Stupid group. (SHOPS)

Garnet_Moon
Dec 31, 2006, 05:59 PM
On 2006-12-31 14:52, Zeta wrote:
People are stupid. Deal with it.

McLaughlin
Dec 31, 2006, 06:03 PM
On 2006-12-31 15:03, Gojin wrote:
well atleast you're not playing on x box so its all good

Ha ha.

You can leave now.

Gojin
Dec 31, 2006, 06:03 PM

princejake2
Dec 31, 2006, 06:06 PM
This topic has made me relise why people love hacking PSOW members... most of 'em are assholes.

BOWSER5150
Dec 31, 2006, 06:09 PM
poor ps2 guys have to play with the hacking PC users

Careful
Dec 31, 2006, 06:11 PM
Just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean they should lose hours of there precious time to a pasty nerd in the basement who is on a power hungry rampage.

Ronzeru
Dec 31, 2006, 06:12 PM
lolPCusers

Gojin
Dec 31, 2006, 10:55 PM
On 2006-12-31 15:03, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-12-31 15:03, Gojin wrote:

Ha ha.

You can leave now.

since when did this topic have x box in the title, I guess you x box people dont want to feel left out in your small little world

Schubalts
Dec 31, 2006, 11:24 PM
FANBOYS SUCK. Discuss.

Ruby-chan
Dec 31, 2006, 11:28 PM
On 2006-12-31 14:42, Puppet_Papaya wrote:
I find computers far too complicated as compared to the simplicity of just playing on the PS2.
Discuss.

Poor you. You missed out on the fun joys of gaming in the DOS days when CD-ROM first came out, making multiple bootdisks, fiddling with config.sys and autoexec.bat to trim things down and moving programs into upper memmory so that you could get more of your 640K of conventinal memmory free. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Or futsing around with emm386.exe. PC's today are so incredibly easy to game with, what with your directX and your protected mode programs it's not even funny. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(I miss you 2400 baud modem & 480MB hard drive and Windows 3.1)

icewyrm
Jan 1, 2007, 09:50 AM
I hate gamepads, discuss >.<
Keyboard+mouse forever, until something better is invented http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Jan 1, 2007, 12:14 PM
On 2006-12-31 14:52, Zeta wrote:
This is no different than the attitude the majority of users have towards Xbox 360 users.

Most of the time, it's the 360 people being nasty to the PC/PS2 people.

Tengoku
Jan 1, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2006-12-31 20:28, Ruby-chan wrote:
Poor you. You missed out on the fun joys of gaming in the DOS days when CD-ROM first came out, making multiple bootdisks, fiddling with config.sys and autoexec.bat to trim things down and moving programs into upper memmory so that you could get more of your 640K of conventinal memmory free. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Or futsing around with emm386.exe. PC's today are so incredibly easy to game with, what with your directX and your protected mode programs it's not even funny. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DO NOT MENTION THE DARK DAYS AS THEY WERE CALLED DARK FOR A REASON. 'CAUSE THEY WERE DARK AND STUFF. ALSO 'CAUSE THEY SUCKED. ALOT. GOOD BLOODY RIDDANCE. /feveredcapslocrant

Puppet_Papaya wrote

I'm getting really tired of the common mentality that PC users have towards PS2 users. You PC users seem to think that people who play on the PS2 do so because they have to, because they can't do any better. Stop telling us how much more fun we'd be having if we'd just play on the PC. Some of us don't want to. I play on the PS2 because I WANT to. I find computers far too complicated as compared to the simplicity of just playing on the PS2.
Discuss.
We could turn this around, you know. Those of us who use PC do so because we do not desire to buy a PS2, because we like having a system that does more than just games. I find the simplicity of the PS2 a huge turnoff. I like options, I like lots of 'em. Gimme, gimme, gimme. PS2 doesn't have the options I want in a system. In fact, it is only because my PC has many options that I am able to play at all. Should I complain about those that insist the PS2 is the superior platform to play on? I could, but I have both the spine and thick skin add-ons, and thusly couldn't give a poop. I recommend getting both options as they make your internet experience much more pleasurable.

Personally, I don't care about what you use to play, X-BOX fanboys excluded (har-har), as long as you play. Really, why worry about elitist PC users anyways? What have they done for you that makes their opinion matter to you? Stop being so sensitive.

Mystil
Jan 1, 2007, 06:58 PM
I have both versions. There is a few difference between the two.

1. Is lag. PS2 gets it a lot when entering a game.
2. Can't screen shot.
3. You have to spend money for a keyboard.

The graphics would be number 4, but it's not that bad.

That's it.

Cav
Jan 1, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-01-01 15:58, Mystil wrote:
3. You have to spend money for a keyboard.

You didn't spend money on your pc's keyboard? interesting >.>

Mystil
Jan 1, 2007, 07:11 PM
BLAH sue me! I make mistakes. You have to spend money for a USB connector ;p.

Squall179
Jan 2, 2007, 04:34 AM
$9.99 USD for a Logitech Keyboard, good, solid, compact for your lap. Not to mention it rplaces my PC keyboard as well

Axispoint
Jan 2, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2006-12-31 20:28, Ruby-chan wrote:

I remember spending hours in DOS one day trying to fix a computer that my sister had renamed the Windows folder on (never did get it fixed, so I had to reinstall and man oh man was it sucky having to install Windows without self-booting like XP does now a days). I also remember having to run diagnostics on an old harddrive through DOS when it died (needless to say, the results of the test screamed out for me to get another harddrive, which I did two days later, along with a whole new computer...). I've forgotten most of that stuff now a days, though, among so many other things :-/

As for PS2/PC, I play on the PS2 because the PC version of PSU bothers my tendinitis. A friend let me play his PC copy to try it out because otherwise, I don't have a DVD drive and can't afford one right now (unemployment does not make one very rich and I can't fix that problem until the job market stops sucking).

Also, is there an Xbox 360 player I could PM with some questions that aren't on topic here?

Garroway
Jan 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
I play the 360 version and the PS2 version. They have both merits and flaws. I don't think I ever seen any real problems between PC users and PS2 users. Not like the dissention between the xbox 360 crowd and the PS2/PC crowd. As someone that plays both versions I can say that the radicals on both sides of the debate are missinformed at best. I gues what all of these discussions keep coming back to is that you know what the right choice for you is, so don't worry about what other people think is better. The more vehemently people argue that their method or viewpoint is the correct one, the more it sounds like they're really trying to convince themselves more than convince you.

...and I am willing to try and answer your questions Axispoint.

Para
Jan 2, 2007, 03:36 PM
No offense but to me, its the PS2 version's fault that SEGA can't launch proper security patches to the client program of psu.
Its the PS2 version's fault that content is locked up rather than having real content updates.

Ruby-chan
Jan 2, 2007, 03:55 PM
On 2007-01-02 11:20, Axispoint wrote:

I remember spending hours in DOS one day trying to fix a computer that my sister had renamed the Windows folder on (never did get it fixed, so I had to reinstall and man oh man was it sucky having to install Windows without self-booting like XP does now a days). I also remember having to run diagnostics on an old harddrive through DOS when it died (needless to say, the results of the test screamed out for me to get another harddrive, which I did two days later, along with a whole new computer...). I've forgotten most of that stuff now a days, though, among so many other things :-/

I just passed my A+ certification tests, and all those fun questions about dos, Windows 95, 98, NT, and their different iterations came up all over again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fun fun questions like, "How many pins are in a 16-bit ISA bus?" (To which of course the normal, every day answer is, "I don't care how many damn pins there are, it's the big gigantic ugly one by all the other expansion cards that I never use because who the hell uses ISA cards anymore?")

Garroway
Jan 2, 2007, 06:21 PM
I know it's off topic but... all that crap is still on the A+ exam? I took it 6 or 7 years ago and the general consensus then was that the test would be updated within a year or two.

Wheatpenny
Jan 2, 2007, 06:33 PM
I don't care if you are playing on an Atari 2600, if you are an A-hole...your're an A-hole. Console does not dictate behavior.