PDA

View Full Version : xbox360 supposed hacking screenshots

zandra117
Jan 1, 2007, 09:37 PM
:url removed:

snowfox claimes to have hacked the 360 version.

Im worried because im friends with mystic ram and hes in one of the screens.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-01 18:56 ]</font>

Arislan
Jan 1, 2007, 09:58 PM
Hmm, either those are pretty good photoshops, or he's actually done it, no real way to tell. Likely the latter though, given how porous Sega's security is, and the fact that so much is client-side. Live never interferes with a lot of it since it doesn't talk to Live till a transmission is ready...

In any case, please don't post links to hacking sites (that directory had an /htm file leading to the rest of the site). Warning, but thanks for the information.

xExFireFox
Jan 1, 2007, 10:11 PM
eh snowfox loves the photoshop

Eeyore
Jan 2, 2007, 12:43 AM
Yeah his crea doubles have the wrong color, shape, icon and even held wrong. I can't believe people think those real

xExFireFox
Jan 2, 2007, 01:09 AM
eh he could of tho who knows.

Sychosis
Jan 2, 2007, 08:50 AM
I saw those "screenshots."

I found it hilarious that his monsterous level 500+ self could only do 74 damage to a Vahra.

Sychosis
Jan 3, 2007, 12:46 AM
Well it seems he was telling the truth to some extent about his hacking.

He was banned about an hour ago from Xbox Live however.

SnowfoxZero
Jan 4, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-01-02 21:46, Sychosis wrote:
Well it seems he was telling the truth to some extent about his hacking.

He was banned about an hour ago from Xbox Live however.

Yeah, something was actually done this time. Which is a good thing, however they turned down my help before I was banned in regards to fixing the exploits I used to do it, then shortly after I was banned.

Arislan
Jan 4, 2007, 04:50 PM
Did you actually tell them what exploits you used, or did you just offer help and then get banned? Pretty short sighted of them if it was the latter... And still pretty evil of them in the former.

SnowfoxZero
Jan 4, 2007, 04:57 PM
On 2007-01-04 13:50, Arislan wrote:
Did you actually tell them what exploits you used, or did you just offer help and then get banned? Pretty short sighted of them if it was the latter... And still pretty evil of them in the former.

I contacted PSU tech support via the form on the website saying I was willing to work with them to get things fixed, they told me off. Then I registered on the forums to see if I could find an admin that would listen because I'm betting the reply I recieved was from clumsy. However I was banned before I could find anything. I also contacted Xbox Live support, and got a simular reply. Same deal with blue burst. Clumsy directly told me "Go play in traffic. I don't need your help" Know what I did an hour later? Released how to cheat on the game.

Sychosis
Jan 4, 2007, 05:11 PM
Well to be fair, a company can't just accept help from a stranger for something like a server loophole. You don't just pull Joe Schmoe off the street and let him go to town on your servers. I'm not sure there would be any way you could get them to at least hear you out, short of becoming an employee :/

EDIT: Plus the official forums are just crap for the most part. Site mods allowing blatantly racist topics to go on, insulting users, it's just a bad place to be IMO.

Not a fan, but you occasionally see a topic with some hope, then it gets shot down with "lolz, PC iz bettyr I can take screenshot!" and "zOMG dupes iz everywere!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-01-04 14:14 ]</font>

Vhex
Jan 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
They don't have to childishly reject his help and insult him.

Sychosis
Jan 4, 2007, 05:19 PM
I never said they should. The SoA "representatives" don't strike me as being particularly civil bunch. As a company they can't really accept his help, but from a customer relations standpoint, it's totally uncalled for to insult him.

SnowfoxZero
Jan 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-01-04 14:11, Sychosis wrote:
Well to be fair, a company can't just accept help from a stranger for something like a server loophole. You don't just pull Joe Schmoe off the street and let him go to town on your servers. I'm not sure there would be any way you could get them to at least hear you out, short of becoming an employee :/

EDIT: Plus the official forums are just crap for the most part. Site mods allowing blatantly racist topics to go on, insulting users, it's just a bad place to be IMO.

Not a fan, but you occasionally see a topic with some hope, then it gets shot down with "lolz, PC iz bettyr I can take screenshot!" and "zOMG dupes iz everywere!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-01-04 14:14 ]</font>

I think you misunderstood, I offered my help to them, information, adresses, and so on that they would use to fix the problem. Nothing to do with me actually getting access and fixing it nor becoming an employee. Merely offered them the means to fix the loopholes and so on, and i was shot down and insulted.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 4, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-01-04 15:46, SnowfoxZero wrote:

I think you misunderstood, I offered my help to them, information, adresses, and so on that they would use to fix the problem. Nothing to do with me actually getting access and fixing it nor becoming an employee. Merely offered them the means to fix the loopholes and so on, and i was shot down and insulted.

You were shot down and insulted because of your entire attitude of "Listen to me, I'm a nice guy, I'll help you out but if you turn down my help I'll destroy you!"

Really, you cannot be trusted. Do you want loopholes fixed for the game or for yourself? I suspect you would just want to prevent lesser hackers from stealing your glory. You simply cannot be trusted and have proven this in the past. IF you cared, IF you gave a damn you would find the loophole and not announce it. NOT go on forums. NOT have your own hacking forums. NOT have a level 555 character in your sig. You would just report the loophole to SEga and slip quietly away. THEN, and only then would they ever consider employing you in any capacity to fix existing loopholes.

I think Clumsy is a huge child. But I think you behaved in a ciomparable fashion. It's not about Clumsy, or getting your own back. You chose to wreck BB out of spite, and hurt a lot of people who did NOTHING to you.

Hell I'm banned from Sega's official forums for constantly laughing at Clumsy. For being part of a SEga mod hate-site. I made an utter, utter fool of the mods there on many an occasion. At least I can admit to being an immature asshole.

Whee:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3001/1886/400/t1.jpg

There are other outlets to get at Clumsy than wrecking the damn game for everyone.

Sychosis
Jan 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-01-04 15:46, SnowfoxZero wrote:

On 2007-01-04 14:11, Sychosis wrote:

I understand but you have to think like a corporation. Your servers have a hole in them that can be exploited. A person who has in the past exploited these types of holes to ruin a game wants to help you patch them up, can you trust he isn't trying to weaken another point for even more exploitation?

If you delivered pizza for a living, would you let some stranger take your car and make your delivery because he wants to be helpful? Of course not. The same principal applies, but on a FAR larger scale.

You're talking about something that, should it go wrong, has the potential to drive away hundreds of subscribers. You can't just casually mess around with a corporation's bottom line.

Arislan
Jan 4, 2007, 09:03 PM
Really, they couldn't accept your help as most people offer it. The onyl thing they could really accept would be a written, signed affidavit that the information attached to the letter that you would putatively write would be under the sole ownership of Sega, and that you give up any and all rights that the information provided contains. Otherwise, they're essentially receiving and making use of information from an outside source, and if you were not recompensed, you could turn around and sue them. Hence the rejection.

On the other hand, they could have made what I just said as an offer, and since they didn't... Heh.

Superguppie
Jan 5, 2007, 05:07 AM
Hackers cost them 4 versions of PSO. Now they face losing PSU to them too. Why would they like anyone they can blame for that? For PR it is not good to badmouth anyone outside the company, but I can so imagine their negative attitude. If it wasn't for people intent on abusing problems, they could focus on the game itself instead. And they would not have to fight a fight they know they can't win.
Your actions have only strenghtened their attitude, as you have been giving away the means to ruin yet another game to people who are actualy stupid enough to use it. You have just shown them that hackers are bad people they should really not ever talk to in any normal fashion.

Expect little sympathy from me. I have no real problem with a hacker who keeps the game from becoming hell to regular players. I do have problems with a hacker who knowingly and willingly looks for bad stuff, and then uses it directly or indirectly to bring me one step closer to losing my sanity. If you were really such a nice guy, you would have said "Ok, your loss" to ST and left it at that. Instead, you did what they expected, and was done to PSO before. Stop thinking of yourself as smart and nice. Start thinking of yourself as an idiot, and maybe even as an asshole. You behave like one!
You have some power, and your actions have shown you are incapable of handling it with care. ST affiliates may have done something wrong, that doesn't make what you did right. I hope they will patch up the holes without your help, and make your 'customers' end up empty handed. If you want to prove ST wrong for what they did, realize your responsibililty and prove them wrong. Behave like a grownup instead of the adolescent brat you show to be.

As for my remark ST (or any other development team) is fighting a fight they can't win, it was a mathematician that showed me a program any bigger than 1000 lines of code has an extremely low chance of being made without flaws. Although I doubt 1000 is actualy the line (I think it is more around 10000) the statement holds: Flawless big programs can nog exist, unless by accident.
Knowing a program without flaws can't exist means we don't have to be surprised that there are holes. Any hacker 'hacking to show them' is an idiot for thinking he is doing anything constructive. Oh, and if you are such an idealistic hacker, and you now feel like ruining my account for calling you an idiot, think again. That will only show you are not as idealistic as you claim to be.
Knowing a program without flaws can't exist means we should learn to live with the holes. A good step towards that is not abusing them. For now it looks like ST is mainly going after the abusers of the holes that were found. Still, the message doesn't seem to get across: Abuse is wrong. This is just like IRL. Many abusables are not abused in large numbers because abusers get dealt with, rather than fixing the abusability. If you are a nice person, don't abuse, and don't help others abuse.

BagofChaos
Jan 5, 2007, 05:12 PM
Whee:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3001/1886/400/t1.jpg

There are other outlets to get at Clumsy than wrecking the damn game for everyone.

FTW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BagofChaos on 2007-01-05 14:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BagofChaos on 2007-01-05 14:13 ]</font>

SnowfoxZero
Jan 9, 2007, 02:48 AM
Yes, I see from a corporate standpoint that they can't just have me work for them. However, they can accept what I know. Which was what I was offering. Information for them to do with it as they see fit. Nothing about puting me on their pay roll or anything, just giving information which can then be put to use by sega programmers. I'm not even sure if Clumsy works for sega. Oh well. I've been banned. That's that. I can deal with being banned, I broke the rules, now I can find other things to do instead of try to get unbanned and piss people off like nugz or broomop. Kinda sucks that I'm protrayed as some malicious sadistic "hacker" who loves to ruin the game for everyone. Not it at all. And yes, I could have done something other than getting to Clumsy, but this was the easiest way. I figured gameguard would fix it anyways, and when it was I didn't release any other ways to bypass it for that reason. I actually didn't allow even users to post it after the second time. Had to delete many bypass threads.

SnowfoxZero
Jan 12, 2007, 03:16 AM
Abra Kadabra

http://forums.xbox.com/9284160/ShowPost.aspx

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 20, 2007, 11:46 PM
<edit>
Please do not troll or flame other users of this site. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-21 00:09 ]</font>

SnowfoxZero
Jan 26, 2007, 04:29 AM
On 2007-01-20 20:46, DA_SHIZZLE_IG wrote:
<edit>
Please do not troll or flame other users of this site. Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-21 00:09 ]</font>

Do you know what he said? I'd like to know. If someone saw it could they PM me?

Katrina
Jan 26, 2007, 03:11 PM
I believe he said something along the lines of "InFaMoUs r da reel hax gamerz ololol!1!1, ur cnt hax cuz ur not InFaMoUs n u kno ur cnt taek credt fr hax cuz ur not iNfAmOuZ!!1!1! orly! ysrly".

disclaimer: This is purely speculation on my part.

SnowfoxZero
Jan 26, 2007, 03:17 PM
On 2007-01-26 12:11, Pixiesugar wrote:
I believe he said something along the lines of "InFaMoUs r da reel hax gamerz ololol!1!1, ur cnt hax cuz ur not InFaMoUs n u kno ur cnt taek credt fr hax cuz ur not iNfAmOuZ!!1!1! orly! ysrly".

disclaimer: This is purely speculation on my part.

No, i think it had more numbers used as letters, and spelling errors than that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryna
Jan 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
There is no need to revive this thread soley for the purpose of discovering the contents of an edited post. As such, I am going to lock this thread.