PDA

View Full Version : Question about class choice.

nefarious
Jan 2, 2007, 09:30 AM
I've got a 32 Hunter and a 39 Ranger.

At first I loved Hunter. Then I got a bit bored.
Then I fell in love with Ranger, and took it past my hunter, unlocked Fortegunner (Cast race) and then I got a tiny bit bored, but mostly I hated how it cost my (at the time) level 29 hunter LESS money (In recharge costs) to do the SAME RUNS. It kinda broke my brain. Then people started telling me that Ranger was kinda pricey in recharge costs...

So I'm wondering, in the grand scheme of things...

Would it be realistic to level my Hunter, primarilly for farming, and play my Ranger, for fun?

Or am I spreading myself too thin with two mid-level characters?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

LegendKilla01
Jan 2, 2007, 04:12 PM
it would we pricey for ranger but not alot,u will be doing better with ranger since u can have attribute shots in my opinion and faster for missions and u will get more money.With hunter they can use many of the weapons and strong with hp and strength but not much fun.

pick ranger.

LegendKilla01
Jan 2, 2007, 04:18 PM
it would we pricey for ranger but not alot,u will be doing better with ranger since u can have attribute shots in my opinion and faster for missions and u will get more money.With hunter they can use many of the weapons and strong with hp and strength but not much fun.

pick ranger.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 04:20 PM
Who says rangers can't melee? Invest the money in some really strong melee weapons for your ranger... 6* Tenora saber, 6* GRM dagger... %'s if at all possible, and a couple levels of grind (+3 on the GRM, don't risk breaking the Tenora for weaksauce low-grind stat boosts)

While you're not doing massive PA damage, you can land decent _free_ damage on monsters whenever it's convenient. Don't forget to roll with Burn whenever it doesn't suck, since that's more damage you don't need to pay for.

seismica
Jan 2, 2007, 04:54 PM
i think its more fun with hunter, cos i had a ranger on pso and i envied hunters for their weaponry
i think the skills hunters can use and the wide array of weaponry make it way more fun

but don't listen to me, i've never played online b4 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Synyster
Jan 4, 2007, 06:28 AM
Have the best of both worlds... go fighgunner! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2007, 08:37 AM
play as both, and switch back and forth depending on your mood, that is why you have 2 characters and not one.

Hotashi
Jan 4, 2007, 02:41 PM
Fighgunner has nearly nothing to do with Ranged weapons other than Dual Pistols.

zanotam
Jan 5, 2007, 11:45 PM
hes a gota pointa!

Golto
Jan 6, 2007, 12:02 AM
If you want to save money when being a ranger use mostly shotguns. Once you level up the bullets shotguns can do more damage than twin handguns or rifles.