PDA

View Full Version : Rankings: Rate your best Weapons

Sitka
Jan 2, 2007, 02:32 PM
I thought it might be fun just to rank our best/favorite weapons for our characters thus far.

On my Fortegunner, it would look something like this:

1) Burst Rifle
2) Gur Napam Grenade Launcher
3) Shigga Boma Shotgun
4) Evil Twins Dual Hanguns

On my Guntecher, it would look something like this:

1) Alteric Bow
2) Tengohg Bow
3) Cubo Dunga

My hunter and force are still quite young, so hard to form an opinion on them, although twin daggers and dagger rips up stuff on the hunter and the force is happy with basic wands, rods and spells for now.

etlitch
Jan 2, 2007, 02:38 PM
My melees uses 8* twin daggers and 8* spears, forces use 8* rod.

lols your earlier topic about teng bow:

Bow lvls faster just because rifles needs around 3 times the hits in order for it to lvl.

The tengoh bow does'nt have any special properties and due to the fact that it's a "true" kubara weapon, it does'nt grind very well either. The only reason for its low ATP and ATA would be because of it's high PP regen, above average PP pool and the very low ATA requirement needed to equip it.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 02:54 PM
LOL you guys are blinging!

Right now my heavy hitters are:
Virus Trap G
Hikauri +4
Seva Falsa (38% Light)
Ascalon +3 (24% Earth)

AC9breaker
Jan 2, 2007, 02:58 PM
Definetly

Virus Trap G
Alteric +5
Grenede Launcher
Laser Cannon (pew pew)
Some Nuedeiz sword +5 with like 20-25% dark

Sitka
Jan 2, 2007, 03:04 PM
I actually get a lot out of looking at these topics. I've picked up quite a bit from reading Dymalos and some of the others and that has influenced me to pursue, synth, grind, break, resynth, grind, break, resynth and use certain weapons.

It sounds like that protranser class has a use after all with those SE-inducing traps, particularly in rough areas.

Laser Cannon? At what point does the damn thing start to earn its money back? My experience with the thing has been less than convincing thus far.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 03:10 PM
Laser cannon? I can't name any other weapons where I'm scoring so much damage per attack on average... 150/hit doesn't sound like much, until you start raking it across 4+ targets. I love seeing hordes of Badira or Ageeta pop up. That's with my low-ish ATP and only lv6 skill too. I've been using Ice primarily, since you can hold on to nice attack setups for a few extra shots if the freeze procs.

Sitka
Jan 2, 2007, 03:26 PM
Tell me this about the Laser Cannon, as it levels up, does the bullet attack widen?

The bullet attack is so narrow on it right now that it's tough to get enemies lined up to hit enough of them. It's rate of fire is so slow, that before I can get off another shot or two, the bad guys (namely shield-wielding troglodites) are blasting me and my NPC party with gobs of flaming earth.

AC9breaker
Jan 2, 2007, 03:34 PM
Personally I feel the Laser Cannon is pretty weaksauce. The only reason why I love it so much is for aesthetics reasons and the sounds! The PP usage for the things really is terrible.

Sitka
Jan 2, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-01-02 12:34, AC9breaker wrote:
Personally I feel the Laser Cannon is pretty weaksauce. The only reason why I love it so much is for aesthetics reasons and the sounds! The PP usage for the things really is terrible.

That's kind of how I felt about it. I got the Maser Cannon and it's just as much of a Lamer Cannon as the one I remember on PSO. It's pretty, makes cool sounds and always draws a bit of a reaction when you jump into a lower level party wielding it, but several other weapons significantly outperform it imho.

Perhaps the s-rank version with the ultimate bullets PA is something that will change my mind.

panzer_unit
Jan 2, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-01-02 12:26, Sitka wrote:
Tell me this about the Laser Cannon, as it levels up, does the bullet attack widen?

The bullet attack is so narrow on it right now that it's tough to get enemies lined up to hit enough of them. It's rate of fire is so slow, that before I can get off another shot or two, the bad guys (namely shield-wielding troglodites) are blasting me and my NPC party with gobs of flaming earth.

The beam's MUCH wider than it looks. I can generally tag targets arranged shoulder to shoulder. If you don't want to finesse it in first person, you can try strafing the room in 3rd person and take shots when a good number of targeting marks light up.

If you want to concentrate targets for maximum laser abuse, back up through a doorway or group them along the side of a hallway and ownzerize the mobs while they advance. A melee fighter can help by holding 'em at bay without scattering the things on a big PA... especially good advice for gohmon and vanda.

Vhex
Jan 2, 2007, 04:51 PM
Definately:
-Heart Slicer+99 300% hit

Heh, aside that:
9* Anke Picora 10% Lightning
9* Anke Picora 32% Fire
8* Gudda Godda 50% Dark (Shared w/ friend) =D

Aside that, I have a buncha 8 stars with crappy %. Saving the rest of my meseta for S ranks.

The Picoras have around 1250 ATP. I haven't seen any weapons stronger. I strongly suggest doing Mines S runs to find the board.

Sitka
Jan 2, 2007, 05:49 PM
What drops the boards for Anke Picora and what is the synth rate of success and list of materials + # for them?

Dymalos
Jan 3, 2007, 03:48 AM
On my Guntecher, I would rate my weapons in order of preference as follows:

1) Cubo Dunga (2 of these)
2) Alteric +10 (1 of these)
3) Evil Twins (3 of these)
4) Alterics +6 (3 of these)

I'm saving up the mats I need to start synthing up another set of A Ranks and I'm very tempted to make more Cubo Dungas, but I will probably make some Beam Vulcanics instead.

I have a Tengoh Bow but it stays in my storage because it is an all around bad weapon.

Also Sitka, is your gamer tag CABERMAN? I'm not sure if it was you who sent me a friend's request last Sunday. I've been sick these past few days, but I'm feeling well enough to return to the game now.

EC_Subbie
Jan 3, 2007, 05:10 AM
I'm holding out for Phantom rifles, since I got my Phantom Line...but guns for now:

1. Falgohoh (6) slightly stronger than Assasin with around 400 more pp
2. Two Shigga Bomas
3. Laser Cannon

That's it... I never fully run out of ammo either, although occasionally I'll pop a photon charge if needed on the rifle.

waltz
Jan 3, 2007, 05:52 AM
fortegunner equips

1. Falgohoh (10) master of PP
2. Falcon (10) my strongest rifle
3. Arb Rega (8) slightly stronger than evil twins
4. Gur napam
Well I have others, but they didn't make the cut >_>

imfanboy
Jan 3, 2007, 06:41 AM
I can go one better - I have a PICTURE of my favorite weapon, Arb Hadoc (10):

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/iamfanboy/steyrface.jpg

Well, they're tops of my list just for style.

As far as usefulness on my GT....

Arb Hadoc
Cometara
Kikami
Alteric
Shigga Brada

And I'm still trying to get my Figunner up to a level where she can use the 50% ice double saber I synthed... -_- I bet that'll be tops on my list once I can do that.

I'm actually not a big fan of the axe with my fortefighter. Call me weird, but slow heavy damage doesn't amuse me all that much... I like the spears more and more as I use them, and I've always loved the swords.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 3, 2007, 08:43 AM
My Fighgunner's best weapons are:
Death Dancer
Double Saber
Cubo Upinde
Last Survivor

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-01-03 05:46 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 3, 2007, 09:06 AM
On 2007-01-02 12:34, AC9breaker wrote:

Laser Cannon is easily the most hilarious and awesome weapon on PSU. I was tempted to make my beast a Protranser JUST for those XD

Offline, I loved them, I'd always bring my brother around and be all, "Watch this!" It was awesome.

Seeing as I'm not too high, my best items are either my Hajirod (If that's what they're called?) that were given to me, a bow that was given to me, and my synthesized Wirecle.

seismica
Jan 3, 2007, 11:44 AM
although i only play offline, it would be this:
daggers of serafi
some GRM special twin sabers with 29% fire
A 6* double saber, i think its called nightcrawler or something
all my other items suck, but i do have a svaltus sword board which i need 3 kubara wood for which i cant find...

Neith
Jan 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
Fortefighter Equips:
1. Death Dancer (Light Element)
2. Misaki/Autogun (Autogun to be replaced by Beamgun soon)
3. Soda Clayma (to be replaced by Dark Hanzo/Jogiri)
4. Mukalbe (to be replaced by Ice Mugungri)
5. Ank Tomho
6. Gudda Breba

I'm kinda in the process of shifting from B to A-Rank, hell of a lot of money needed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'm considering a pair of Twin Claws too, for the Ultimate PA, but they wouldn't see as much use as my Twin Sabers. God, I love Rising Crush 30. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I can see the Axe being a lot more useful when Ive gotten the PA leveled more, the same for the Knucks.

Sitka
Jan 3, 2007, 02:56 PM
I'm looking at some of those +10 weapons and I am just so envious. I've not been able to get anything over +7 and just two of those. Everything else has broken. Of course, I've synthed hundreds of grinders and not been able to get any B-grinders over +8 and only one set of those. I'm just shit for luck -3 when it comes to grinding.

Yes Dymalos, that was me sending you a message this weekend and now I've gotten into a horrifically busy time so I'll look you up when I can.

I did play a bit with the Maser Cannon this morning and got a bit more appreciation for it. It worked decently on unshielded vandas and I got some of the Deljabens grouped up in the hallway and made mincemeat out of them - unfortunately, it runs out of pp very, very fast.

I actually got through an s-rank mines run solo this morning (with pm and Laia) without getting anyone killed, but it took a while and a lot of sniping to do. Got some decent red box synth material, but no luck on weapon drops.

I'd have to say the most enjoyable weapon I'm finding thus far has been the Alterics on my Guntecher. Reminds me of the Black Bow on my character in Gladius - just wish I had that kind of range with it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EphekZ
Jan 3, 2007, 03:05 PM
Wartecher
18% dark claw-love the PA and speed on this thing.
14% dark/10% light mugungri-Good atp, ata and speed.
beamgun-looks awsome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
kikami-this is a really amazing weapon.(ever see one used on dragon?) but I kinda perfer beamgun now becuase sometimes it's a bit too slow.

Rasputin
Jan 3, 2007, 03:18 PM
24% Light Bone Dance
20% Dark Bone Dance

rvzero
Jan 4, 2007, 04:26 AM
fortefighter:
1.Ryo-Misaki 44% ice <3
2.Mukfet (10% light just for the color)
3.Gudda Godda (~10% light just for the color)
4.Misaki/Betatore+5 (ice ~20%)
5.Harisen Battle Fan+5/Betatore+5 (ice D=)
6.Twin Harisen Fans+5 (light to give it a nice color)

Waiting for S rank claws and ultimate PA for twin claws... =3