PDA

View Full Version : getting +10 grinders, how rare are they?

SolomonGrundy
Jan 3, 2007, 07:38 PM
So, I'm level 39 now, and I've never gotten a +!0 grinder. When I make them (the grinders), I used to make all 5 at once, thinking how nice it would be to get a set of 5, +10 grinders, but It's never happened.

I tried splitting up the sything (first making 3, then 2), Then I got desperate and started doing 1 by 1 - nothng higher than +6 using this way.

Is there some trick I am missing? Are grinders more likely to have a higher "+" if you do the whole grind at once? or on a high luck day?

How many +10's have you sythned? (C, or B, I don't care either way).

Nani-chan
Jan 3, 2007, 07:41 PM
Rarest (most stars). I've only synthed C + 10 a few times.. think maybe 1/70 chance.. I think highest I got on B was +8.

huntlyon
Jan 3, 2007, 09:52 PM
a set of 5 +10 c-grinders... hardly higher than 6 for B

WildArms2
Jan 3, 2007, 09:55 PM
the chance of getting B+10 is around 1 in every 150 tries. That is why you won't see many around. By 1 i mean if you synth 5 at a time that counts as one try every synth is one try regardless of how many grinders your making your much better off making 5 at a time and hoping to get a set of B+10 like that but dont hope for it too often.

With anythingthat goes alone with percent and odds there is a chance that you may get 2 B+10 back to back, heck you may even make 3 B+1o within 10 tries that is part of the random variance I once went about 500 tries making none, but in the long run you'll average 1 in 150 or very close to that number

Sitka
Jan 3, 2007, 10:23 PM
So, if a Grinder B board costs 1,000 meseta and Grinder Base B costs 500 meseta each, figure, on average, you will need to spend 105,000 meseta to get 5 +10 Grinder B's.

If you have a run of bad luck (like mine) and go 500 tries without getting a +10 grinder, you will have spent 350,000 meseta for a bunch of grinders that will break your weapon anytime you try and go above +7 or so - at least this has been my crappy luck.

So, figure how much meseta you will have to spend to grind up that B weapon and then look at what you can get buying or synthing an A weapon (or S when they become available) and give some thought about whether you really want to go through that trouble - and still have a weapon that might break on +8, +9 or +10.

Can you imagine what it will cost to try and grind up your A or S rank weapons?

Damn this game is expensive.

panzer_unit
Jan 4, 2007, 09:44 AM
Sitka, you can't expect to make a living spending all your money on lottery tickets until one hits the jackpot IRL... it goes without saying that nobody's entitled to +10 grinders and weapons either. They're a lucky win.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 4, 2007, 02:35 PM
On 2007-01-04 06:44, panzer_unit wrote:
Sitka, you can't expect to make a living spending all your money on lottery tickets until one hits the jackpot IRL... it goes without saying that nobody's entitled to +10 grinders and weapons either. They're a lucky win.

And don't forget, B+9, B+8, and B+7 ginder don't suck either.

good to know, thanks for the info!

WildArms2
Jan 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
Yes +9 +8 grinders are very good aswell its a pretty good investment to make grinder and sell them on the PS2/PC servers I've made 10 mil doing this not sure how the 360 grinder market is but you can make profit by selling grinds at these prices

15,000 B+10
7,000 B+9
4,000 B+8
2,000 B+7

lower down doesnt matter much they'll have to be priced extremely low inorder to sell but you make all your money on these top 4 grinds