PDA

View Full Version : A real life Icarus.

Foxix
Jan 4, 2007, 04:17 PM
http://www.jet-man.com/actuel.html

check out this video.

hit play then pause it and let it load, this thing is french so it kinda sucks.

This guy has foldable wings on his back with 4 mini jet engines. He drops from a plane, opens the wings, free falls for about 30 seconds then turns the engines on in sequence as he stabalizes. Once he is even, he hits the gas and can fly like a bird for about 6 and a half minutes. He can even gain altitude by dropping down slightly, increasing resistance and coming back up. To land he simply folds the wings and opens a parachute.

He does all of this just by slight body movements.
He wants to eventually be able to take off by himself wihtout the plane, and be able to do tricks.

Post what you think of this o.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxix on 2007-01-04 13:20 ]</font>

Kaydin
Jan 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
Thoughts? I want one. "Un rival pour Batman" indeed. (I haven't completely forgotten my french http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Alucard_Zer0
Jan 4, 2007, 04:57 PM
yeah i could go for one too. that'd be pretty sweet. shame you need to jump from a plane to get it going though, i guess virtical take off is out of the question. since i don't read friench does it say how long the fuel supply lasts

Foxix
Jan 4, 2007, 05:01 PM
He has a dev. team working on it and so far the maximum amount of time he can fly is about 6 minutes 30 seconds, and he flies at 200 km/h however at the end of the video it says he gets up to 300 km/h.

I have only seen the ending 1 time out of the 3 times I have played it though. Dang french >_>

Kaydin
Jan 4, 2007, 05:02 PM
Well, I can read only very little, it's been 3 years since my high school French classes. I don't know if it says anything about fuel, but it does say he's can fly for up to 6.5 minutes.

Alucard_Zer0
Jan 4, 2007, 05:03 PM
not bad. it'd be enough to get me to work and back. lol

Wyndham
Jan 4, 2007, 05:17 PM
if i flew one of those things, id have to be crazy.
im very afraid of heights.

PsyX
Jan 5, 2007, 05:51 PM
When it said "Real life Icarus" I thought you ment Icarus from the James Bond Die Another Day movie O_o

Now THEN I was worried 'cos that thing was scary!

BluCast20xx
Jan 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
LOL I would use it for transporting to school and work definetly!

ShadowDragon28
Jan 7, 2007, 01:04 AM
Beyond Awesome.

More like a real life version of "The Rocketeer." That guy's bravery, and his teams godly aeronautics engineering skills is made of massive awesomeness and win.

Derek0660
Jan 7, 2007, 11:12 AM
how much do you guys think it would/will cost?