PDA

View Full Version : No way to get this thing online with the Wii, eh?

Link00seven
Jan 4, 2007, 04:33 PM
Hello,

I tried to load up PSOGC on my new Wii, and the game worked fine until I tried to access the online mode, when I received the wonderful "No Modem/BBA adapter is plugged into Serial 1". I should've figured this one, but is it at all possible to get PSO working right on the Wii? Could be done via an update, or is it just not possible?

Out_Kast
Jan 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
Everyone who's tried it says it's not possible (IIRC anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) I think it's just Offline on the Wii. Unfortunately.

Aftermathrar
Jan 5, 2007, 04:25 AM
Well, while it's possible to access the internet features of the Wii while in the GCN mode (on an un-updated Wii at this point), nothing's come out so far that helps PSOGC find the Wii's wireless internet or act as an intermediary connect tool.

DoubleJG
Jan 5, 2007, 07:18 AM
Impossible as of now. It wouldn't suprise me if someone found a way down the line involving routers and PCs and who knows what.

Banish
Jan 5, 2007, 06:54 PM
It is not possible to play PSO ONLINE....for now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-01-05 15:54 ]</font>

metatime
Jan 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
It is impossible since the software written on the PSO disk was written for a BBA and not for a wireless adapter. You will have to create new code for the wireless then reburn the data onto another disk to have it work.

KojiroAK
Jan 8, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-01-08 10:14, metatime wrote:
It is impossible since the software written on the PSO disk was written for a BBA and not for a wireless adapter. You will have to create new code for the wireless then reburn the data onto another disk to have it work.

What's about something that "emulates" a BBA?
So the game gets the signal "BBA is there" while the signals to the net get translated to Wireless and vise versa?

But actually i think Nintendo didn't inbuilt such a thing since the BBA was used to run hacked games on the cube.

Kevino
Jan 9, 2007, 09:47 AM
*Gasp* not the "one-of-which-we-do-not-speak"!

kongajinken
Jan 9, 2007, 09:47 AM
Since the legit server's are down are the "illegal to talk about servers" not allowable to speak of still and can't use them since sega won't help us out?

TheOneHero
Jan 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-01-09 06:47, kongajinken wrote:
Since the legit server's are down are the "illegal to talk about servers" not allowable to speak of still and can't use them since sega won't help us out?

Woah, holy crap, when did this happen? O_O;

Oh, heh, nevermind.

Geeze, that sure sounds like an April Fool's joke sometime back eh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2007-01-10 09:32 ]</font>

metatime
Jan 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
There is only way one but it's not developed yet but anyway I'm not sure I'm allow to talk about it.

xxTrystanxx
Jan 10, 2007, 03:36 PM

The legit servers will still be up until April 1st, 2007. The "other" servers are still taboo at least until that point. If admin/mods make a decision at that point, I'm sure we will be informed.

DoubleJG
Jan 10, 2007, 08:05 PM

Yay for going off topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kevino
Jan 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
well only kinda. ok ok so when these go offline will they still work i think is his question. it would kinda suck if they accually go off and none of them work or anything you know.