PDA

View Full Version : Music Expectations For '07?

DonRoyale
Jan 4, 2007, 05:07 PM
Who do you expect to make a good album this year? I know people like 50 Cent are coming back, and Chamillionare's new album is coming March 27th, but who are you waiting on?

Personally, I'd like to see:

-Linkin Park (Admit it. It probably won't happen, but EVERYBODY wants this.)
-LL Cool J
-Chris Brown (Sophmore pressure much? @_@)
-Ne-Yo

I forget the rest.

I'll let you make your votes.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 4, 2007, 05:17 PM
I really want to see a new album from Dredg, Bright Eyes, Iron & Wine, Rilo Kiley, and possibly... Death Cab. And a bunch of others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Wyndham
Jan 4, 2007, 05:22 PM
I have no real wants for this year's music, but I think I'll try some stuff.

Dangerous55
Jan 4, 2007, 06:05 PM
On 2007-01-04 14:07, SereneShadows wrote:

Count me out of that generalization.

Kaydin
Jan 4, 2007, 06:05 PM
I personally can't wait for Relient K's new album, March 6th. I'm also anxious to see in what direction The Afters go.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 4, 2007, 07:14 PM
well, for one thing, I would love it if this band would release something, they made a good album in 2001 and I haven't heard from them since(and it says that they are active, but I don't know):
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1170

ya SS, the name of this band is the same as the name of your main PSU character.

also, I hope that Nightwish gets a new lead singer, they play good music w/o the one that they kicked out but it just isn't the same without her, I really liked her opera voice mixed with the electric guitars and such. a new album by Sonata Arctica will also be cool, and of course, I can't wait for Dethklok's album to come out, which I heard will come with the DVD boxset for Metalapocolypse.

Solstis
Jan 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-01-04 15:05, Dangerous55 wrote:

On 2007-01-04 14:07, SereneShadows wrote:

Count me out of that generalization.

Same here. I never liked that "band."

Looking forward to Radiohead's incubating new album, and to see if anything Postal Service will show up.

Schubalts
Jan 4, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'm hoping that there'll be less Linkin Park AMVs on Youtube...or at least ones that aren't the same 3 songs over and over...

Ed: Forgot the topic...
No expectations, don't really care about any of the 'famous' bands here, they sound too much alike for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schubalts on 2007-01-04 16:32 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Jan 4, 2007, 07:39 PM
Er...yeah I dread the day Linkin Park decide to release another offering.

I too am eagerly awaiting Radiohead's new album, the new tracks sounded great live. I wouldn't mind something else from Interpol either, they're due for something else. It'd be nice to see the next Feeder album as early as this year but I can't see it happening really.

DizzyDi
Jan 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
Kanye West - If he stays on the trend that he started with Dropout and continued with Late Registration then this album is going to be damn near perfect.

Lupe Fiasco - Don't really need to say much about this. Any fan of hip-hop knows that Lupe has potential to be one of the greats.

And finally...

Dr. Dre - How long was album delayed? A few years? This album better be monu-fhkn-mental or else Dre is going to lose a lot of credibility in the game. I'm not expecting big things, but this album is so hyped amongst the hip-hop community its not even funny so Dr.Dre has no choice BUT to deliver big things.

DikkyRay
Jan 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
unlike alot of people where im from, i dont like rap.
Its never going to happen, but i'd like to see a new Jack's Mannequin and Panic! At the disco.
Say what you want, but they are not emo bands

Solstis
Jan 4, 2007, 08:54 PM
After watching Panic! At the Disco play for the New Year's eve thing, I don't think that I can stomach their music anymore. Way to be a studio band.

Just started listening to The Spinto Band, looking forward to something from them.

chaos89
Jan 4, 2007, 09:02 PM
[quote]On 2007-01-04 16:14, Shiroryuu wrote:
well, for one thing, I would love it if this band would release something, they made a good album in 2001 and I haven't heard from them since(and it says that they are active, but I don't know):
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1170

ya SS, the name of this band is the same as the name of your main PSU character.

also, I hope that Nightwish gets a new lead singer, they play good music w/o the one that they kicked out but it just isn't the same without her, I really liked her opera voice mixed with the electric guitars and such. a new album by Sonata Arctica will also be cool, and of course, I can't wait for Dethklok's album to come out, which I heard will come with the DVD boxset for Metalapocolypse.

when is the dvd boxset coming out?

DikkyRay
Jan 4, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-01-04 17:54, Solstis wrote:
After watching Panic! At the Disco play for the New Year's eve thing, I don't think that I can stomach their music anymore. Way to be a studio band.

Just started listening to The Spinto Band, looking forward to something from them.

yea i have had a few friends that tell me not to go to concerts. They dsay the cd's are uch better.
My sister told me that JAck's Mannequin was greaat in concert, so im hoping for more from them

Eihwaz
Jan 4, 2007, 09:05 PM
I'm looking forward to new releases by Modest Mouse, The Arcade Fire, Radiohead, and The Good The Bad and The Queen (Damon Albarn's new band). Oh, and I just found out there's a new LCD Soundsystem album coming out in March! I can't wait. ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-01-04 18:34 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 4, 2007, 10:22 PM
I love Linkin Park ;(

Too many AMV's on it and the songs are overused but I still like their music.

I could easily say screw Audioslave and put Rage Against the Machine back together but. . . http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Whatever happened the the lead singer of Rage? I don't even know his name ;(

Hrigg
Jan 4, 2007, 10:25 PM
I can't believe no one has said it yet...

Chinese Democracy by Guns N'Roses... WILL IT COME OUT?!?!?!?

In other news, new stuff by Radiohead, The Arcade Fire, and The Good, The Bad, and The Queen are interesting.

Supposedly new Metallica is coming out next year also, but we all know that will suck.

Also, The Smashing Pumpkins are supposedly making new music.

EXCITING

Rasputin
Jan 5, 2007, 12:14 AM
Don't you get it, CHINESE DEMOCRACY WILL NEVER COME OUT.

I'm excited for the new Adagio album, "Archangels in Black." That title sounds badass enough on its own.

MIGITMAN
Jan 5, 2007, 01:08 AM
New Radiohead album.

PsyX
Jan 5, 2007, 06:49 PM
If anyone's into metal I'm really looking forward to Machine Head's new album. I'm a massive fan of them, and ever since Through the Ashes of Empires I've been eagerly awaiting more of their return to a heavier, proper metal style after the weird nu-metally albums they went through.

Also hoping Arch Enemy, In Flames or Children of Bodom do something...love those bands.

Oh and Metallica's new album haha, though I sincerely doubt that's gonna be released this year. (Or any year.)

DonRoyale
Jan 5, 2007, 07:38 PM
Hey, guys, some wreckage news.

According to Billboard.com, BRITNEY SPEARS IS MAKING A NEW ALBUM.

GOD HELP US.

GreenArcher
Jan 5, 2007, 10:53 PM
Rage Against The Machine getting back together and producing a full-length album.
It will happen
I swear
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Allos
Jan 5, 2007, 11:11 PM
On 2007-01-05 15:49, PsyX wrote:

Also hoping Arch Enemy, In Flames or Children of Bodom do something

Considering In Flames has produced nothing of decent quality since 1999, I wouldn't be hoping for anything new from them. And I personally do not want COB to produce any new music if they're going to stick to the "Are You Dead Yet?" sound.

Anyway though, looking forward to new Megadeth, hoping the new Priest album comes out this year, praying that Immortal might get nostalgic from their reunion and may record new material, hoping for new Dream Theater, hoping the new Iced Earth will arrive this year, and other than that, I'll just listen to them as they come.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2007-01-05 20:16 ]</font>

PsyX
Jan 6, 2007, 08:31 AM
Come Clarity was an awesome album :/

Same to Are You Dead Yet.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 6, 2007, 08:50 AM
I agree about In Flames, their new stuff sux and I liked their older stuff better, and Children of Bodom's new stuff isn't the same as their older stuff either.

Allos
Jan 6, 2007, 12:52 PM
On 2007-01-06 05:31, PsyX wrote:
Come Clarity was an awesome album :/

Same to Are You Dead Yet.

You can't be serious...