PDA

View Full Version : umm...corrupt?

Nidramag
Jan 4, 2007, 10:40 PM
this is strange. I just got twilight princess...it is awesome.. for the gamecube ( off subject a sec. has anyone else played the wii and GC versions? the towns and places are mirrored...) anyway, back to buisness, my memory card I was trying to save the data to for the game,creating a savefile, kept whining it was corrupt, worried i switched to PSO for a second, and it said the data was fine, and so I found almost all of the games told me it was corrupt, a few didn't ( like those that held game data) there is plenty of space on my card... should I be trading my items to another card just in case? or do you think it will be fine? I'm just a little bit worried... if it helps it is a madcatz 1x memory card. has this ever happened to anyone else either?

DarthJeeba
Jan 4, 2007, 10:50 PM
Losting files will be a Bloody NIGHTMARE. I would suggest you transfer your most valuable items into another mem card, and keep the rest so you can still play PSO using the orignal mem card

Nidramag
Jan 4, 2007, 11:01 PM
I was already starting that... I've put all "doubles", stuff I can't use, grinders, enemy parts, amplifiers, and photon drops onto the secondary card, because I know I WILL get online...and i'm worried. well, if anything goes wrong at least Solinari and Nuitari are an okay level.

Splash
Jan 5, 2007, 12:33 AM
3rd party memory cards are easily likely to corrupt than official Nintendo ones.

If you are planning to go online, DON'T. Using a third-party memory card while getting online will just get you to freeze upon entering the server. If you transfer the items to an official Nintendo memory card, then you can go online.

Drakorn
Jan 5, 2007, 08:00 AM
If you are worried about losing your items why not just trade all your items onto another memory card. It would be a quite of a loss losing your character but its worth keeping the items for your next character you make. I know how it feels, it happened to me before.

Banish
Jan 5, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-01-04 21:33, Splash wrote:
3rd party memory cards are easily likely to corrupt than official Nintendo ones.

If you are planning to go online, DON'T. Using a third-party memory card while getting online will just get you to freeze upon entering the server. If you transfer the items to an official Nintendo memory card, then you can go online.

A friend of mine had 4 corruptions on a Mad Catz Memory Card, he couldn't even go into V. Hard Ruins.
Online corrupted it 2twice. When he bought a new Memory card ( a regular one), his data hasn't been corrupted since.

Like Splash said, I would recommend getting a regular NintendoGC Memory Card, less failure rates.

Nidramag
Jan 5, 2007, 07:09 PM
so I should use a different card going online and keep mad catz card offline?
also, if I attempt going online with the mad catz card just to see if it will screw up or not, would my characters still be playable if I transferred them to another card, but the origional was screwed?
this really makes me wish I could double save... I want to go online as KATZ so bad! but it could kill him...
another question: why do mad catz cards screw up? along with other third party cards...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nidramag on 2007-01-05 16:16 ]</font>

Splash
Jan 5, 2007, 08:04 PM
Ditch the Matz kard entirely. Just copy the entire thing to an official Nintendo memory card. Don't even use it for offline.

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 5, 2007, 08:08 PM
Buy an official Nintendo memory card. If I were you, I would only have Phantasy Star on that card and NOTHING ELSE! got That? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Banish
Jan 5, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-01-05 16:09, Nidramag wrote:
also, if I attempt going online with the mad catz card just to see if it will screw up or not, would my characters still be playable if I transferred them to another card, but the origional was screwed?
this really makes me wish I could double save... I want to go online as KATZ so bad! but it could kill him...
another question: why do mad catz cards screw up? along with other third party cards...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nidramag on 2007-01-05 16:16 ]</font>

To tell the truth, I don't know. But when I had one, I was checking what games I had on it, when I first bought, it had Resident Evil 4 already on the Mem. Card!

I think some of the MadCatz Cards are used, and are sold to be reused, but I'm not 100% sure.

As for offline, Madcatz Mem. Cards are fine, just don't mess with it while its saving, or turn your TV off while playing, stupid stuff like that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-01-05 17:19 ]</font>

CrazyLegs
Jan 5, 2007, 11:27 PM
It stinks that you cant copy PSO data. Guess for security raesons...

Nidramag
Jan 6, 2007, 12:53 AM
On 2007-01-05 17:04, Splash wrote:
Ditch the Matz kard entirely. Just copy the entire thing to an official Nintendo memory card. Don't even use it for offline.

agreeing with the guy above me, I do not believe you can copy legitly...I know there was some way...but not normally. IF I could copy my data without harming it I would NOT use it as a cheat. If there is a way, and you are allowed to tell me in a message please. I was really looking forward to online as katz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nidramag on 2007-01-05 21:54 ]</font>

Splash
Jan 6, 2007, 02:02 AM
Well then, I'm sorry but I can't help you on this other than say, avoid online altogether.

If you don't have any problems offline, then stay with the memory card. If you really want to go online, you could try risking it and hope it won't corrupt once you get into the lobby. Otherwise, all I can suggest is to just start a new PSO file after getting an official Nintendo memory card but of course, I highly don't think you want to do that...

Nidramag
Jan 6, 2007, 02:39 AM
well, I guess it can't be helped... bye, hopes and dreams... anyway, I guess I can still use the PDs and get a few things...

next question: if I put IMPORTANT data such as my CHARACTERS on the other card, then tried online as the most worthless character (the one left) to see if it does screw, lets say it will, will I still be able to use KATZ, etc. on the other card (for multuplayer) or even possibly put them back into the other card? (doubt it)

sonicburn
Jan 7, 2007, 06:58 AM
I have an offical memory card and got curropted twice!! I dont know how. But I think PSO has a bug. I HATED WHEN IT HAPPENS!!! I HAVE RAcast at lv 175 and my other RA characters at lv 130 and then it got corrupted!! I already rebuild my Ra chars already almost a year ago. I got all my RA character at lv 130 and this time, My RAcast is at lv. 186!! I thinking after I got my RAcast at lv 200, I'll never touch my other characters again.

Drakorn
Jan 7, 2007, 09:49 AM
On 2007-01-07 03:58, sonicburn wrote:
I have an offical memory card and got curropted twice!! I dont know how. But I think PSO has a bug. I HATED WHEN IT HAPPENS!!! I HAVE RAcast at lv 175 and my other RA characters at lv 130 and then it got corrupted!! I already rebuild my Ra chars already almost a year ago. I got all my RA character at lv 130 and this time, My RAcast is at lv. 186!! I thinking after I got my RAcast at lv 200, I'll never touch my other characters again.

Yeah its awfully bad when it corrupts, why not just buy another memory card put all the rare items on it and make a character on that memory card.

Edit: Typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drakorn on 2007-01-07 06:50 ]</font>

Jibby
Jan 7, 2007, 09:45 PM
You are so amazingly lucky... My PSO data was the first to go, because I've learned that PSO data is so mind bogglingly easy to lose, and it always happened when I found my fourth or so Blade dance.... that and I turned off Super smash bros in the middle of a battle...

sushiman
Jan 8, 2007, 02:49 PM
Speaking of unofficial memory cards on the wii, I put my UNOFFICIAL memory card in the second slot and it got stuck there. To this day (for about a month now) I can't move it. I try so freakin hard to remove it but it does not budge. I asked the strongest people to remove it, but not even they could remove it. By the way, it is the memory card you get from the super mario sunshine "pack"

Speaking of corrupt stuff, once, I turned on my gc (not wii) and while reading the mem. card (same unofficial mem. card), it said that this card is damaged and corrupt. I was so freakin scared. I switched off my gc and looked my memory again and saw it was good. Turned on the game again and it was fine. That WAS the scariest moment of my life!

DarthJeeba
Jan 8, 2007, 05:05 PM
I see you ve been Super Lucky to survive a mem card attack

Nidramag
Jan 8, 2007, 05:40 PM
I talked to my father, and he believes that it will work, after all data is data is data, and he is a very reliable source on this kind of subject...I'll keep it for offline, and may use it for online. anyway, has ever anyone had a madcatz card work just fine online, and maybe even never become corrupt online or offline, I want to see numbers here, even if it only worked once. I need to see the odds. I know to some of you 108 is easily achieved, but I just don't have the time to create a new character as my main!

Banish
Jan 8, 2007, 06:30 PM
I have.

My characters on my MadCatz Memory Card are still there, today, hasn't shown any trouble.

Nidramag
Jan 8, 2007, 08:54 PM
It's never given me trouble, I was considering making my old, old character (Light) onto an official card. give me two months, he'll be at least 75. I still don't know if I should do this...

Razor_Burn
Jan 9, 2007, 03:04 AM
On 2007-01-05 16:09, Nidramag wrote:

Many reasons, but I think the main reason why they go bad is that they are made of lower grade materials and are crudely assembled. The weaker the materials, the easier they malfunction and/or break. Ever wonder why they're cheaper than the first party ones?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razor_Burn on 2007-01-09 00:05 ]</font>

sk8erdez
Jan 9, 2007, 04:26 AM
There is a way to duplicate your save file but it involves cheating I personally wouldn't cheat cause it is not in the best interest of the game. I also find this problem very annoying. 2 years back my lvl 66 humar was deleted due to memory card needing formatting lost all my favourite items some of which I will probably never get again I am now lvl 68 with my Humar

Meeth
Jan 9, 2007, 05:11 AM
I think i've been quite lucky, none of my save data has been corrupted, but i've seen it happen to a friend. I currently have three main characters that are on two different memory cards, just in case. However, i do own a madcatz memory card that i've never been able to save a game on it coz it always wants formatting. So its somewhere or other.