PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Princess

Nidramag
Jan 4, 2007, 10:47 PM
I recently got the game for my gamecube, but I noticed something wierd...instantly. but first i'll tell you why. My friend recently got a Wii, and I was playing twilight princess to see how I liked it, and got through the wind temple, so by now I well knew the few towns and places. After I got the GC version, I realized he whole world was mirrored and moved! the town was mirrored, shaped a little bit differently and things were moved around! (I got lost http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) anyone else noticed this and/or have any clue as to why nintendo did his?

PJ
Jan 4, 2007, 11:11 PM
The Wii Twilight Princess's Link is Right Handed, because of the majority of the population playing the game being right handed. The Gamecube Twlight Princess, technically the PROPER one, because Link is left handed, has everything flipped.

I don't know what the problem was with just flipping the model, but they mirrored the whole world. Kinda funny http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

zimmk2vgc
Jan 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
I can't see why you would need to flip the whole world just to make him right handed...unless the whole world revolves around him or something...

Scrub
Jan 5, 2007, 11:08 AM
I don't even see the need to have him be left-handed at all; It's a different person in this game, isn't it?

medusae
Jan 5, 2007, 11:10 AM
The left-handedness is just Nintendo tradition.

PJ
Jan 5, 2007, 11:43 AM
It's just the Link thing. It's cool.

Thrash777
Jan 5, 2007, 02:38 PM
They flipped the whole world for a weird nostalgic effect, that is a good topic of conversation, which generates interest in the game, thus potentially selling more copies.

SubstanceD
Jan 5, 2007, 02:49 PM
I own both versions of the game although I have yet to play the Gamecube version ( I want to beat the Wii version first ). I first found out about the Wii version being mirrored on the Gamefaqs board. Someone posted about it ( long before the Gamecube version was announced ). The guy was complaining about it and saying how wierd it is to have the sun rising West and Setting in the East. He made such a big deal about it that I became afraid to buy the Wii version but you know what? I don't really notice anything odd about the Wii version at all. It probably won't hit me untill I play the Gamecube game.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 5, 2007, 02:51 PM
On 2007-01-05 11:38, Thrash777 wrote:
They flipped the whole world for a weird nostalgic effect, that is a good topic of conversation, which generates interest in the game, thus potentially selling more copies.

Then people who are really into the game might even buy both versions to playthrough just to see the difference, as noted above by the previous poster.

Those Nintendo guys, always on top of making sales.

SubstanceD
Jan 5, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-01-05 11:51, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

On 2007-01-05 11:38, Thrash777 wrote:

Then people who are really into the game might even buy both versions to playthrough just to see the difference, as noted above by the previous poster.

Those Nintendo guys, always on top of making sales.

Guilty as charged http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

To be honest I was going to buy the Gamecube version even if the Wii game had not been mirrored. I love my Gamecube, it brought me many happy gaming moments. I wanted to give the console the send off it deserved.

ABDUR101
Jan 5, 2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I noticed it off the bat when I loaded up the GC version. I saw screenshots of the original town, and was like "..wait a minute.."

Interesting, all the same.

Nidramag
Jan 15, 2007, 12:59 PM
one of my friends said nintendo would never do anything like that just for sales! lol
haha...EVERYTHING is done for sales, else they would have made LOZTP GC right handed as well.