PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson to make another album

DizzyDi
Jan 4, 2007, 11:07 PM
Taken from hiphopdx.com

Will.i.am recently won HHDX's Producer of the Year. He's spent the last years manning the boards for MCs such as The Game. Common, Nas and his own crew The Black Eyed Peas. He's also worked with a variety of Pop acts such as The Pussycat Dolls and Fergie's solo effort. Now, he's ready to take on The King of Pop.

In October of last year, MJ told Access Hollywood that he would love to work with will. Will agreed.

Reports state that the two have been in talks about music and marketing. However, the main focus was on the music.

"Man, he still sings like a bird," will.i.am recently told Billboard. "He could go anywhere. I think we have a real opportunity to do something here. It's either gonna be really big or nobody's gonna care. Ain't no middle ground on this one."

Akon, Chris Brown and others have also been enlisted to help MJ with his next release. There is little information as to when the album will see shelves. It is the first release since 2001's Invincible.

Now I know there are a lot of MJ haters out there. But c'mon, you can't doubt that the man makes great music. And even if you doubt that, you can't doubt that he is a legend and has made a DEFINITE stamp in music history.
I'm excited for it. I don't care what he's done, he makes good music. And will.i.am is a great producer. Only thing holding me back is... Chris Brown? Akon? WHAT? C'mon MJ...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Retehi
Jan 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
Sweet deal, can't wait to check it out.

Eh, not surprised about the Chris Brown/Akon deal. . it's like when Snoop did that song with Justin Timberlake. Few schmoes here and there have to make their little cameo with an old schooler just to get some money.

DizzyDi
Jan 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-01-04 20:14, Retehi wrote:
Sweet deal, can't wait to check it out.

Eh, not surprised about the Chris Brown/Akon deal. . it's like when Snoop did that song with Justin Timberlake. Few schmoes here and there have to make their little cameo with an old schooler just to get some money.

Yeah but it works both ways.
Gives MJ the credibility he needs with the young'ns that listen to Chris Brown and Akon.
But still...I'm not looking foward to those tracks.
The Akon one could be pulled off but I CAN'T STAND Chris Brown's voice at all.

Retehi
Jan 4, 2007, 11:35 PM
That's true, but yeah, maybe Akon can do an OK job.

I'm a tad worried as to who the "others" will be though. .

DonRoyale
Jan 4, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-01-04 20:35, Retehi wrote:
That's true, but yeah, maybe Akon can do an OK job.

I'm a tad worried as to who the "others" will be though. .

Rich Boy? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Yeah, I agree. If you look past the whole petophile thing, the guy IS the king of pop for a reason...

Rasputin
Jan 5, 2007, 12:10 AM
I don't really like MJ's new work, so I'm not too excited to hear about this. I'll stick to Bad, thank you very much.

Moo2u
Jan 5, 2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, the classics at where it's at. It's still fun to sing Beat it in the shower.

But I have a fealing this won't be a hit, cause "young'ens" have no idea how great MJ used to be. Hell, most people my age write off this guy's music; some people call him the "former" king of pop.

He's still the king of Pop people! No one else can challenge that title!

Dek
Jan 5, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-01-05 11:05, Moo2u wrote:
But I have a fealing this won't be a hit, cause "young'ens" have no idea how great MJ used to be.

QFT

Spekaing of "young'ens," the big obstacle, that I see, that MJ would have to overcome is all the media attention that was focused on his alledged accounts of child molestation. Of course, I find it sad that many people are going to be more focused on what has been happening in the past year or two rather than how great of an album this next one can actually be (obviously causing a potential negeative outcome in album sales).

And as far as the questionable collaborations with Akon and Chris Brown go, I would suggest listening to the Invincible album. I personally thought there was a level of adaptation that each artist took (in terms of adapting to another style of music, so to speak) to make the songs sound pretty good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dek on 2007-01-05 11:26 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Jan 5, 2007, 03:01 PM
I used to be a masive Michael Jackson fan but now-a-days I knid of feel that the King Of Pop's best days are behind him. My lack of interest has nothing to do with the allegations or Michael's strange behavior. It's just that alot of his more recent material either sound like alot of his old stuff or it isn't very good. It's not surprisng really, The guy has been singing and performing since he was 5 or so years old. Very few artists can say that they are still producing A grade material after 35+ years in the business.

Michael needs to re-invent his sound. He needs to bring somthing different to the table otherwise the album will be met with apathy. In that regard it is probably good that he is working with guys like Will-I-Am, Akon and Chris Brown.

trypticon
Jan 5, 2007, 05:02 PM
I liked most of the songs on the Invincible album, but there were also some real stinkers on there. 2000 watts was lame, as was The Lost Children. In fact, any song about children from Michael turns out pretty stupid sounding. Particularly with all the problems he's suffered because of his attention to them over the past fifteen years.

Jehosaphaty
Jan 5, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-01-05 11:05, Moo2u wrote:
But I have a fealing this won't be a hit, cause "young'ens" have no idea how great MJ used to be.

...probably because they only know him to be a creepy pedophile. That aside, I've never been a big fan of anything he's put out recently. It won't flop, but it won't it certainly won't be amazing.

DizzyDi
Jan 5, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-01-05 14:08, Jehosaphaty wrote:

...probably because they only know him to be a creepy pedophile. That aside, I've never been a big fan of anything he's put out recently. It won't flop, but it won't it certainly won't be amazing.

I'm thinking its going to be the inverse of that. It'll flop, but its going to blow my mind.

ElfKitty
Jan 5, 2007, 07:28 PM
Sweet, I love MJ ^_^