PDA

View Full Version : The best Ranger Weapons

SighT
Nov 27, 2002, 12:04 PM
I just made a new RAmarl and i nevered played a Ranger. I was always a FO.

My question is what is the best Ranger weapons you got and where did you find it? SecID and Enemey and diffculty.

Thank you.

PS. I have a whole bunch of FO stuff for trade. If anyone want to trade some stuff for Ranger stuff PM me. I have a list at the trade section of the fourm. But i only want trades that are legit. Prefered ones that you personally found.

BomberMan
Dec 3, 2002, 12:02 AM
Well, any of the normal 3 rare shots aren't too bad:
Meteor Smash
Final Impact
Crush Bullet

And the normal 3 rare Rifles aren't terrible:
Justy
Visk
Wals

Actual rares that I like are:
1. Spread Needle (Owns big time)
2. Egg Blaster (pretty nice)
3. Holy Ray (not too shabby)
This is just a list of weapons I have and use, I also have Guilt Light, but nothing impressive. I know there are other weapons that are much better, but I haven't seen or used them yet. These are just the weapons I enjoy using and have. Hope this helps.

felhound
Dec 3, 2002, 12:10 AM
I need a new weapon pretty badly for my RAmar. I keep finding visks though and its ticking me off.

sMaRtAzZ
Dec 3, 2002, 12:12 AM
my RAmarl uses a red scorpio i found in ultimate once with my HUcaseal...i dont really like ultimate with oran because i only find units and cross scars! argh....http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Khaotika
Dec 3, 2002, 07:44 AM
Well, you're a RAmarl...

VISK - good for paralyzing enemies, works even in Ult.
CRUSH BULLET - good for HP steal ability.
METEOR SMASH - great if you use techs, it steals TP.
Maybe some mechguns, with great attributes like Gush, Geist, Blizzard, Arrest.

Another thing you should probably look out for is ANGEL HARP, which is female only. Don't ask me what the special is, I haven't seen one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Khao

Elusive_Llama
Dec 3, 2002, 11:56 AM
My favourite Ranger weapon I'm currently using on my lv29 RAmarl is a Guilty Light. Firing it is always a pleasure. For starters, it doesn't shoot a wimpy little bolt of energy...oh no, not the Guilty Light. It blasts out a large, blue fireball which leaves a heat trail behind, hits multiple targets (as long as they're in a row), and can also freeze its targets! That comes in handy when fighting stuff like Sinows or Dubchics/Gilchics.

The sound effects are great too...sounds something like "KER-CHOW!" when it goes off. The black finish adds immensely to the look. And for a finishing touch, the top portion of the gun slides forward when you fire and slides back after you're done. Vhard Vol Opt IS useful for something after all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Then I have my Meteor Smash...shoots a spread of photon bolts. Great for room clearing, and can also steal tp, which is always useful for resta/shifta/deband.

Jae
Dec 3, 2002, 12:30 PM
On 2002-12-02 21:12, sMaRtAzZ wrote:
my RAmarl uses a red scorpio i found in ultimate once with my HUcaseal...i dont really like ultimate with oran because i only find units and cross scars! argh....http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The Red Scorpio didn't happen to come from one of the rare Rappy types, didn't it? My friend has been hinting me to do the Rappy quest lately because she's totally convinced that Oran gets it in Ult Forest.

My vote for best Ranger weapon goes to Snow Queen. Heh it may not seem like a big deal to you Rangers, but from a Hunter's point of view, the freeze attribute on that gun has saved my butt countless times. Excellent 'teamplay' weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2002-12-03 09:31 ]</font>

child
Dec 3, 2002, 08:47 PM
Oran gets Star Amplifiers from Pal Rappies in the Ult forest, I think they can drop Red Scorpio for Greenill.

PentUpAnger
Dec 5, 2002, 02:26 PM
On 2002-12-03 17:47, child wrote:
Oran gets Star Amplifiers from Pal Rappies in the Ult forest, I think they can drop Red Scorpio for Greenill.

I am a Greenill... I have only found common stuff (grinders, materials, mates) and GUARD WAVEs from Pal Rappy in Ultimate... still looking for that elusive Red Scorpio that I am supposed to find...

sMaRtAzZ
Dec 6, 2002, 10:32 PM
On 2002-12-03 09:30, Jae wrote:

On 2002-12-02 21:12, sMaRtAzZ wrote:

The Red Scorpio didn't happen to come from one of the rare Rappy types, didn't it? My friend has been hinting me to do the Rappy quest lately because she's totally convinced that Oran gets it in Ult Forest.

My vote for best Ranger weapon goes to Snow Queen. Heh it may not seem like a big deal to you Rangers, but from a Hunter's point of view, the freeze attribute on that gun has saved my butt countless times. Excellent 'teamplay' weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2002-12-03 09:31 ]</font>

i found mine off of barba ray on ultimate