PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard Crashes PSU!

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 03:49 AM
I open my laptop as I do every morning, I talk about 30 mins, 1 hour with ppl on msn. I then decide to do PSU as usual, I start psu up for network mode. Suddenly gameguard needs to download something, I say, ok must be some new thing against hackers or something. Once finished the window opens and I enter the game, I just entered the game when my pc says ERROR, the big full screen blue error page comes out and the pc reboots. I start to get annoyed. Once the pc rebooted, I check around for errors and says thatthe cause is uknown. I then start PSU again. Gameguard says nothing and proceeds to the window. As soon as the window opens, it does the error page again, and reboots. Now I get woried and angry. I restart my pc after the reboot just to be sure. I then start PSU once more and the window opens, then an error message appears saying that gameguard has an error or something. WTF am I suppose to do? WTH did they make me download? I'm not a freaking hacker! Is that new gameguard blocking my pc or what? HELP I'm GOING NUTS!

EDIT:
Here's what happened next. I managed to enter PSU once more and no problem this time. I fed my pm, blablabla... Then I get to Ohtaku city uni9 and decide for a Mizuraki Defence run, I enter and then remember that I forgot a weapon, I decide to turn back, after the successful charge, my return to ohtaku city was greeted with another blue page and a reboot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-01-05 01:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-01-05 01:17 ]</font>

Kent
Jan 5, 2007, 04:13 AM
So what type of error is the blue screen of death giving you?

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:14 AM
There's more...

I tried it again twice and the blue page and reboot did it again. SO it left 2 options. Or its my pc, or its gameguard. So I decided to test it more. I tried offline mode, and it did it again. Then I went to my brother's pc, and used his account for the offline and there aswell it did it again. They fucked up gameguard, someone tell them they should be ashamed of themselves.

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:15 AM
On 2007-01-05 01:13, Kent wrote:
So what type of error is the blue screen of death giving you?

Its too fast, I can't read it, I just manage to read the first line saying that the pc has encountered an uknown error.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 04:24 AM
Hmm... Try removing one of the gameguard components in the folder. or try copying the folder to your desktop, then delete the folder in the PSU folder and see if gamegaurd will redownload itself again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-05 01:29 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:36 AM
X.x ooo this might be complex, I'm not a pc person XD Oh, well, I'll try, my skills are very limited...

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:38 AM
oo lets try http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

EDIT: by the by.... where is the folder? I can't find it in the sega files...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarbolord on 2007-01-05 01:40 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 04:38 AM
Yea, try copying the folder onto your desktop. That way, if anything goes wrong with the proccess, you can always place the gameguard folder back in it's place.

I believe it's probably due to the download proccess that Gameguard errored while trying to finish up. One of the components is probably defective, so you have to redownload it again to fix the problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-05 01:39 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 04:41 AM
You are playing on Window's Full Screen mode, correct?

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:42 AM
no windowed

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 04:42 AM
C>Program Files>SEGA>PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE>GameGuard

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:47 AM
Its not there O_O'''' I only have LOG, SCREENSHOTS and omething else...

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 04:50 AM
Program files in Your C drive, not your documents >.>

Hit start> My computer > Local C drive > Program Files > Sega > Phantasy Star Universe > Gameguard

Kent
Jan 5, 2007, 04:51 AM
That means you're not looking where he said to. The folder with "Log" and "Screenshots" is the one in My Documents, not the place where the game was installed.

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:51 AM
Oh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif' I feel stupid (me and computers don't go well...)

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:53 AM
Do I delete the whole folder?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 04:54 AM
Copy the Gameguard folder to your desktop first just in case something faults. Then delete the whole Gameguard folder from your Phantasy Star Universe Folder.

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 04:56 AM
ok it redownloaded http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'll see now

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 04:59 AM
Try to let it completely download, without any interference.

I remember getting an interference before, but in my case, all I did was exit and it redownloaded automatically.

Crosses fingers* I hope it works!~ ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-05 02:06 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 05:11 AM
IT WORKS!!! I think... That's how it looks anyway, I did one whole Mizuraki defence mission and it didn't reboot *joy* Thanks so much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (I rly should learn more on pcs, but I have no clue about them XD)

Zarbolord
Jan 5, 2007, 05:13 AM
Anyone for S missions or anything else?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 05:16 AM
Glad it worked http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Now you can just delete that folder off your desktop so it wont ever bother you again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Thrash777
Jan 5, 2007, 05:44 AM
...?

<_< >_> ¬_¬

ooooook

Well, all I can say is; you don't get this problem with the 360!

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 05:52 AM
It was just a defected download in the Gameguard causing the problem. It's just like listening to music with a bunch of skip in it.

There isnt any real ultimate system or etc. that can escape errors. If gameguard were to mess up like this for the Xbox360, I wouldn't really know how to fix it... Unless you find a way to link an OS like windows into the 360... >.>

Itsuki
Jan 5, 2007, 05:58 AM
On 2007-01-05 02:52, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
It was just a defected download in the Gameguard causing the problem. It's just like listening to music with a bunch of skip in it.

There isnt any real ultimate system or etc. that can escape errors. If gameguard were to mess up like this for the Xbox360, I wouldn't really know how to fix it... Unless you find a way to link an OS like windows into the 360... >.>

You can always take the hard drive out of the 360 can't you?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 5, 2007, 06:02 AM
On 2007-01-05 02:58, Itsuki-chan wrote:
You can always take the hard drive out of the 360 can't you?
Sadly, I don't own a 360 XD. I wouldnt know ;-;

foamcup
Jan 5, 2007, 06:14 AM
Gameguard is only for the PC version, you idiots.

rvzero
Jan 5, 2007, 06:42 AM
I got similiar problem.. Gameguard updated itself and now crashes right after PSU starts up... tho I only get an error pop up.
*goes delete the shitguard and starts PSU, game guard redownloads itself.

The fix ain't working for me tho... <_<

Genji
Jan 5, 2007, 07:19 AM
Just quoting myself from another forum of a game that uses GameGuard. Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I guess it's worth a try.

Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery settings >

At the bottom, make sure Write Debugging Information is set to Small Memory Dump (64kb) and the folder location is %SystemRoot%Minidump

In order to open and view the memory dump, you have to download and install Microsoft's Debugging Tools (http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx). Make sure you download the correct version (i.e. if you have 32-bit Windows XP, then download the 32-bit version)

Once you finish downloading it, install it.

Go to Start > All Programs > Debugging Tools for Windows > WinDbg

In WinDbg, go to File > Open Crash Dump > and navigate to your Minidump folder and open your memory dump.

When asked whether to save your workspace, pick no.

As the file opens, you'll most likely see alot of mumbojumbo. However the only line worth reading in this case is:

Probably Caused By: <file name here>

Enter the filename into your favorite search engine and you should be able to find out what GameGuard is whining about.

rvzero
Jan 5, 2007, 08:02 AM
It MIGHT help if it actually made a minidump file... but it doesn't

Genji
Jan 5, 2007, 08:09 AM
The file is only made when your entire system crashes, not the client alone.

rvzero
Jan 5, 2007, 08:38 AM
mhm.. neway, I went to the offical forums and theres a bigass thread bitching at gameguard.. apparently they screwed it up once again........ someone said it might take few days for them to make an update to fix it...
Gameguard just ruined my weekend...

AC9breaker
Jan 5, 2007, 09:38 AM
Oh snap it worked for me too! Infact, my PSU is running better then ever!

All hail D.j._skyepic and his leet haxs!

http://www.apocalypse-tribe.com/ac9breaker/psu_0044.jpg

Sakura123
Jan 5, 2007, 07:12 PM
I was having a similar problem since this morning gameguard update and people in the official forums are having the same problem also. Some "something is interfering with gameguard message" and then the game crashes (not the pc, just the game). I browse the main forums and it seems to be affecting Kaspersky antivirus users.

I uninstalled Kaspersky and I can get into the game just fine.

So, that seems to be the temporaly solution untill gameguard fixes the problem. It doesn't bother me anyways since I always have the antivirus off. I have never been infected with a virus in this PC ever. Had it there for "just in case".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sakura123 on 2007-01-05 16:17 ]</font>