PDA

View Full Version : just got a new phone and need some help

atomisk
Jan 6, 2007, 10:48 PM
I just got a chocolate (verizon's new phone) and this is the first phone ive had that has an mp3 player in it. anyway, I dont have the cable that they want you to buy to connect the phone to the computer but I did buy the sandisk to plug into the phone (the guy at bestbuy said that was all I needed) all I have are itunes files on my computer and when I put them on the sandisk it dosnt show up on the phone. so anyway, my question is, what type of files do I need for it to work with the chocolate (its made by LG if that helps) and how do I convert them? thanks

Mitz
Jan 6, 2007, 11:33 PM
MP3, WMA or ACC. Just download those songs illegally because you have legal copies bought on your computer.

ABDUR101
Jan 6, 2007, 11:34 PM
Have you read your instructions? I think if you have the sandisk, it should be ok, UNLESS the phone requires that the files be converted to a specific type and format of audio file. Also, are you telling the phone to use the sandisk as it's memory unit, rather than the built-in memory?

I'm sure all of your questions are answered in the instruction manual, really delve into it to make sure you aren't missing any steps, or necessary components.

Kent
Jan 7, 2007, 02:37 AM
Some phones may require a specific bitrate on your music... I don't have a whole lot of experience with these things (I recently got a new one, as well, but not anything to do with LG or Verizon), so I can't really say much other than RTFM.