PDA

View Full Version : Any way to strafe like lolibot?

Uncle_bob
Jan 7, 2007, 05:24 AM
My lolibot (uses a rifle and handgun) can strafe in circles around enemies like you can when using melee weapons. Did I miss something obvious here? I've never been able do do that myself.

SabZero
Jan 7, 2007, 07:02 AM
I want that too! Quake-style http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Edit: I don't think you can though. I know I tried to find a way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SabZero on 2007-01-07 04:03 ]</font>

etlitch
Jan 7, 2007, 07:42 AM
For anyone using dual analog:

Strafe sideways, use second analog stick /camera to control so that you're strafing in a circle.

rena-ko
Jan 7, 2007, 07:56 AM
without locking on, strafing doesnt work. with locking on and while wielding a gun, you will only be able to straf in a line.

but running to the side and keeping the camera focused on your target via right analog stick does the trick pretty well.

same applies for casting techs.

Sychosis
Jan 7, 2007, 10:41 AM
She h4x, but not as bad as Maya does...

Tengoku
Jan 7, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-01-07 02:24, Uncle_bob wrote:
My lolibot (uses a rifle and handgun) can strafe in circles around enemies like you can when using melee weapons. Did I miss something obvious here? I've never been able do do that myself.

I've only been able to do something similar to this, but only when equipped with a pistol/ anything combo. Lock on without selecting your pistol and you can strafe around the mob because the game thinks you're wanting to use the melee weapon. Stop moving, then hit the down button, or whatever button you press to bring up your pistol, and fire away! Remember to unselect your pistol before moving again to keep strafing around the mob. It takes coordination and practice, but it's the only method I've found that works.

Mind you, I only found it by accident while I was still learning to use my PS2-like controller. I'm a keyboard guy at heart, but you need a controller to play this right and it took forever to figure out all the buttons. While figuring them out, I found this gem. Now, get strafin!

Nani-chan
Jan 7, 2007, 03:49 PM
I want to backwards circle strafe like Maya and the Dr.

Circle strafe with your back to the monster so you can't contribute in any way.

Tengoku
Jan 7, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-01-07 12:49, Nani-chan wrote:
I want to backwards circle strafe like Maya and the Dr.

Circle strafe with your back to the monster so you can't contribute in any way.

You mean we're not supposed to play like this? Oops. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Uncle_bob
Jan 7, 2007, 07:41 PM
Ah, well, I take that as a no. Thanks.

Good job on the fuck-up, Sonic Team. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

zanotam
Jan 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-01-07 12:44, Tengoku wrote:

On 2007-01-07 02:24, Uncle_bob wrote:

I've only been able to do something similar to this, but only when equipped with a pistol/ anything combo. Lock on without selecting your pistol and you can strafe around the mob because the game thinks you're wanting to use the melee weapon. Stop moving, then hit the down button, or whatever button you press to bring up your pistol, and fire away! Remember to unselect your pistol before moving again to keep strafing around the mob. It takes coordination and practice, but it's the only method I've found that works.

Mind you, I only found it by accident while I was still learning to use my PS2-like controller. I'm a keyboard guy at heart, but you need a controller to play this right and it took forever to figure out all the buttons. While figuring them out, I found this gem. Now, get strafin!

Wha'chu talkin' 'bout willis?

Tengoku
Jan 8, 2007, 03:18 PM
What part are you having trouble with?