PDA

View Full Version : NEW THEORY BASED ON FACT

wayne_statix
Nov 27, 2002, 05:20 PM
here is the theory that i have found based on the kind of weapon you are using when you kill something pends on the rare you recieve... I know this because when I use my vise's all the time all i pick up are gay ass Varistas when i use my musashi's i seem to have better chance of picking up hunter weapons

VulpesMundi
Nov 27, 2002, 05:39 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not fact. It's just luck of the draw. I happen to find better stuff with a Vulcan than I do with a Last Survivor on my HUnewearl. You know why? Because I can kill single critters about five times as fast with the Vulcan than I can with the slow-ass Last Survivor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It all boils down to speed. The faster you can kill, the more chances you get to find something.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2002-11-27 14:42 ]</font>

wayne_statix
Nov 27, 2002, 06:11 PM
I believe my bubble wont be bursted till you back it up with hard evidence ... i base mine on refering to the GCPSO Item appearance reference guide and I keep getting Varistas instead of what im suppose to get ... NOW WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?

TeamPhalanx
Nov 27, 2002, 06:14 PM
It's just coincidence.

It all boils down to section id and dumb luck.

wayne_statix
Nov 27, 2002, 06:16 PM
Lofl you know its so funny... this just tells you when its time to play with your other char's when you start going nuts over stupid fucking varistas

VulpesMundi
Nov 27, 2002, 06:56 PM
I have been playing three different chars (actually four if you count my first char that I deleted), and my friend has been playing two. In total we have four IDs out of the five characters (actually five IDs considering my original char). Between the two of us we've only found three Varistas in about 300 combined hours of gameplay. I managed to find two Double Sabers, three God/HPs, a God/Arm, a Victor Axe, an Inferno Bazooka, a Musashi, three Yamatos, a Talis, a Mahu, a couple Star Amplifiers, butt-loads of various spell amplifiers, about twenty Photon Drops, a few AddSlots, a Brave Knuckle, an Angry Fist, five Elysions, oodles of monster parts, we both found a Photon Claw, between us we've seen twenty-four rare critters so far, and we've found loads of other goodies. Now you tell me, are we tripping over Varistas? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2002-11-27 16:01 ]</font>

FinalMasterM
Nov 27, 2002, 08:55 PM
VulpesMundi wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It all boils down to speed. The faster you can kill, the more chances you get to find something.

+

It's just coincidence.

It all boils down to section id and dumb luck.

All True.

The only Theory is that it's luck, you either got it, or you don't.