PDA

View Full Version : Stats on 6* weapons at +10?

panzer_unit
Jan 8, 2007, 11:09 AM
I'd love to see where these things top out. There are a couple specific weapons I'd love to see... is there some site with the numbers listed?

Tenora's saber grinds for +2 ATP per level. Do you get some crazy bonus right at +10 or is it a fool's errand? OTOH the weapon starts out on par with an 8* ... I think the Handgun is in about the same boat.

How does the Tenora sword end up? Mine's +5 right now and just passed Hanzo for ATP.

EDIT: I found the numbers I wanted on the JP wiki. Seva Falsan looks good. Numbers are incomplete for Soda Accas. However, given Tenora's grind trend (slow acceleration) I bet it does end up somewhere around 675 ATP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-08 09:09 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Jan 9, 2007, 01:13 AM
Eh, once 9* boards come out this week I don't think people will be grinding B Rank weapons anymore...and once those new boards are out the board for making A grade grinders won't be too far behind...

Dymalos
Jan 9, 2007, 01:21 AM
On 2007-01-08 22:13, Reginaldo wrote:
Eh, once 9* boards come out this week I don't think people will be grinding B Rank weapons anymore...and once those new boards are out the board for making A grade grinders won't be too far behind...

This is exactly why I've unloaded my +10 Alteric for 420k (A nice chunk of change on the Xbox 360 version). I expect to be able to purchase the Ulteri and the Mira-Kikami boards and successfully make all 6 weapons with the proceeds.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 9, 2007, 01:58 AM
I carry two 6* grinds, Aldaga Sabba twin daggers
ATP: 220
ATA:229
PP:290
9* coming friday
ATP: 202
ATA: 292
PP: 369

So the 6* has more ATP but less in the other two, I'll keep it for awhile, making the 9* twin daggers less a priority to other 9*

I also have Seva Falsan grinded to 10
ATP: 626
ATA: 251
PP: 202
9* coming friday
ATP: 595
ATA: 282
PP: 270

Honestly, I'll be keeping my 6* saber for a long time yet. My last weapon that I'll upgrade.

THE JACKEL

panzer_unit
Jan 9, 2007, 09:54 AM
Wow, Seva Falsan for the win. I broke the one high-grind version I managed to make, and haven't touched the other 'cause with 38% light it isn't easily replaced. You could use Stella/Hit S on some of these weapons and switch your ATP advantage for ATA.

Personally I'm going to chill out and stock up on grinded B-ranks at a good price. A number of the units I've got are on par with 8*'s for damage already and being Tenora they haven't even hit their best grinds yet.

shewby
Jan 9, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-01-08 22:21, Dymalos wrote:
This is exactly why I've unloaded my +10 Alteric for 420k (A nice chunk of change on the Xbox 360 version). I expect to be able to purchase the Ulteri and the Mira-Kikami boards and successfully make all 6 weapons with the proceeds.

you expect to go 6 for 6 with about 50% chance on each?

Gamemako
Jan 9, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-01-08 22:58, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I carry two 6* grinds, Aldaga Sabba twin daggers
ATP: 220
ATA:229
PP:290
9* coming friday
ATP: 202
ATA: 292
PP: 369

So the 6* has more ATP but less in the other two, I'll keep it for awhile, making the 9* twin daggers less a priority to other 9*

I also have Seva Falsan grinded to 10
ATP: 626
ATA: 251
PP: 202
9* coming friday
ATP: 595
ATA: 282
PP: 270

Honestly, I'll be keeping my 6* saber for a long time yet. My last weapon that I'll upgrade.

THE JACKEL

Stella / Power S. Nine-star wins. Fatality. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, it may be pushing the nine-star hard, but it's not winning the war. A little bit of ATP at a big loss of PP and ATA isn't worth it, especially if you're a beast or a wartecher.

//EDIT: Not to mention longevity issues... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-09 20:59 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 10, 2007, 11:59 AM
I am a Beast, and the lost ATA isn't enough to worry about. And because it's a single hand weapon, I have a crossbow in the other hand. With the large amount of PP the crossbow has, I can deplete the PP of the saber, use the crossbow, and before I even empty it, my saber has full PP again. Plus I can equip a Stella / Power S with my 6* as well, but I don't want to. My next arm unit is going to raise ATA a lot, or both. I will never take a loss of ATA for ATP from an arm unit, in fact I will never take a loss of any stat for another on a unit.

oh and twin daggers have the cheapest PA ever and it's enough for me to solo that large group of dog/beast animal spawn on Lab S...

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-01-10 09:00 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 10, 2007, 12:19 PM
I got my Shigga Stam up to +8 last night... it's gonna beat the 8* for ATP and PP I think.

I made a couple of 6* guns at +6 or better just by buying three off of the NPC and walking over to the grind desk, to end up with a weapon (or two!) just as damaging as the 8* for less than the cost of the 8* board.

Dymalos
Jan 10, 2007, 12:58 PM
On 2007-01-09 17:17, shewby wrote:

On 2007-01-08 22:21, Dymalos wrote:

you expect to go 6 for 6 with about 50% chance on each?

No I don't, but I do expect to fail some, shut off my system before recovering the failed result (i.e. Monomate) reload the game and cancel out the synthesis, thus saving my production capacity and ultimately ensuring that I do eventually make all 6.

Now, I'm not sure how many materials that this will take, but I have already purchased everything I need for 6 tries and that only cost me about 100k.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 10, 2007, 01:05 PM
do you guys have some crazy stockpile of C, and B rank grinders? Or are you just rolling the dice? I get so few +7 and above grinders of any rank I can't imagine risking any weapons with decent %'s...

panzer_unit
Jan 10, 2007, 01:19 PM
I bought materials for 100 B Grinders last night. Most of them turned out to be +2, +3, and +6... I ended up making 5 each of +7, +8, and +10, and actually called it a night at the grind desk for lack of high-end grinders for the weapons I'd gotten to the point of needing them.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 10, 2007, 01:31 PM
On 2007-01-10 10:19, panzer_unit wrote:
I bought materials for 100 B Grinders last night. Most of them turned out to be +2, +3, and +6... I ended up making 5 each of +7, +8, and +10, and actually called it a night at the grind desk for lack of high-end grinders for the weapons I'd gotten to the point of needing them.

I must have bad grinder luck then. In ALL the grinders I have ever made (maybe 150 in total), I have never synthed a +10, and only 5 +9s

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif You spent 70K on grinders!!!! (I wish I had that kinda money)

panzer_unit
Jan 10, 2007, 01:41 PM
PS2 economy makes living large on NPC prices easy. I'm totally ghetto compared to many of my friends who are selling kubara weapons or high-end armor... all I run is a juice stand and sell most of my used gear and a-rank materials on the side.

Reiichi
Jan 10, 2007, 01:46 PM
It's roughly a 1% deal at synthing a B+10. 100 B grinders meaning 20 batches of 5 for a +10 set is quite nice.

Best stuff to grind high are probably guns and wands. Elemental strking weapons the % matters way more than the bonuses a grind can give. Few would try to +10 a 50% 6* weapon, and I don't think it'd be a smart idea at all. Not to mention crap %s for 6* do not resell very well, but I guess that depends on your market. High grinded 6* guns and tech weapons would be nice for when switching jobs or new characters when the best you can use is B or C.

panzer_unit
Jan 10, 2007, 01:56 PM
The one 6* I've got with high element I'm not going to touch, you're damn right. Anything up to 30%? They're easy enough to replace that I'll gamble on them and see if I can get something really awesome.

I've heard you get quality bonuses for making grinders in full stacks, also I only make them on my max-luck days in case. At worst it can't hurt.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 10, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-01-10 10:56, panzer_unit wrote:
The one 6* I've got with high element I'm not going to touch, you're damn right. Anything up to 30%? They're easy enough to replace that I'll gamble on them and see if I can get something really awesome.

I've heard you get quality bonuses for making grinders in full stacks, also I only make them on my max-luck days in case. At worst it can't hurt.

I thought so too so last night I made 20 c rank to test the theory, thinking I'd get a higher % that were decent star level (perfect night for it, as both my male beast, and female driods had +3 luck to)
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Any truth to the rumor that using El/Im photons can give you an improved weapon ?

thatnks for the info, - there are some shop weapons with elemental %s already on them. the c ranks are cheap, maybe I'll grind the heck out of a few.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 10, 2007, 05:46 PM
I've made over 500 B rank grinders, and not gotten many +9 or +10, but if you check PSUpedia, I found and posted the complete chart for a 3 luck day with grinders. You really only need +1 and +6 to get it grinded to about a 7, with nothing less than a high chance.

THE JACKEL

Cav
Jan 10, 2007, 06:09 PM
On 2007-01-10 14:46, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I've made over 500 B rank grinders, and not gotten many +9 or +10, but if you check PSUpedia, I found and posted the complete chart for a 3 luck day with grinders. You really only need +1 and +6 to get it grinded to about a 7, with nothing less than a high chance.

THE JACKEL

The "high, very high" are ESTIMATED chance of success, there can still be differences within these lables like 60% and 70% success would both be labled as "high" but 10% is quite the difference still.

Carbinne
Jan 11, 2007, 05:53 AM
I took about 13 3 star Brahohs (yohmei rifles) and ground some to +6 with some leftover C grinders I had gathering dust. I wound up with 7 +6 Brahohs. I took them to Mad Beasts S and they perform surprisingly well even though they are 3 stars lower than my Falgohoh +6s. Though the Falgohohs enjoy about a 25% increase in damage per shot, on the other hand the 3 star Brahohs are also quite cheap to refill and they kill things fine. With their massive PP stat you can fire on, and on, and on, and on...

Pretty good results for an experiment that cost me maybe 24k in guns and a bunch of spare C+1/2/4/6/7s.

And yeah, with Grinder+6s your odds are high up to around +6 or +7. High is often considered "bad" by many but it's not like it's 25% success. It's still technically over "fifty/fifty" -- the thing is you'll just have to bite the bullet and accept that you'll lose a weapon here and there. This makes grinding great for guns and rods since they are easily replaceable but very risky to perform on those 50% element weapons that could very well break on the second grind leaving you crying with broken bits of weapon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carbinne on 2007-01-11 03:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carbinne on 2007-01-11 03:22 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 11, 2007, 06:06 PM
On 2007-01-10 15:09, Cav wrote:

The "high, very high" are ESTIMATED chance of success, there can still be differences within these lables like 60% and 70% success would both be labled as "high" but 10% is quite the difference still.

what's your point? It's better than 50/50 or low chances. I've made plenty of ten grind weapons on high chances, so they're good enough for me.

THE JACKEL

SolomonGrundy
Jan 11, 2007, 07:58 PM
I would think there is a market for 10-15% elementhigh grinded weapons like spears, fists, swords, and sabers. these weapons gain the mosts in ATP and PP since they have relatively large pools...

ie, I would buy a 6* high grind (+7/+8) 12% set of GRM fists...the extra PP alone would be worth it.

Armok
Jan 12, 2007, 05:08 AM
I made a living out of Grinding B weopons to +6. Using 2x +1 B grinders and 4x +8 b grinders you get to +6 roughtly 50% of the time.

I also made 4 Brahoh and 1 blaster to +10. Bought 6 blaster and 30 Brahoh and 200 base grinders plus 5x +10 c grinders to do that.