PDA

View Full Version : Second Opinion

Jinto117
Jan 8, 2007, 05:59 PM
So yeah I just recently finished creating my level 100 pure armor PM. I am quite proud of myself as should anyone who took so much time to recreate casts over and over again. Here is my question. Is there something wrong when you want synthesize, oh say a "Phantom Line" and the success rate is only 45%. Please tell me that this is normal cause if not then WTF?

JAFO22000
Jan 8, 2007, 06:14 PM
Yes, it's normal. And there is a reason behind it. Did you expect that you'd get 95% chance to make it because you have a pure??

Ether
Jan 8, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-01-08 15:14, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yes, it's normal. And there is a reason behind it.

Poor game design?

JAFO22000
Jan 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
No. One only needs one piece of armor at a time, while multiple weapons are needed. If armor were easy to make, everyone would have multiple versions of the "best" armor available.

There is a reason the mats are harder to find. There is a reason the armor has a lower synth percentage. Go ahead and keep calling everything in the game that is a bit challenging "poor game design".

Ether
Jan 8, 2007, 06:39 PM
Uhh, 8 star weapons synth rate is 54% with a pure PM. Its better than armor, but not by much. Also, armor is something you DO need multiples of so you can have every element

How is a having a low synth rate a "challenge" anyways? Hard enemies with good AI is a challenge, having the game remove items it drops at an already low rate isn't

Reiichi
Jan 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
And on the flip side you can sell your elemental phantom lines for a lot of money.

It works out either way.

Now if you are synthing GREEN armors, or armors that come with a standard element, then sure it's for a loss, maybe. There isn't much point to synthing 1-7* guns, or 1-7* wands is there? Just like there isn't much point to synthing a 1-7* GREEN saber or sword. The armor PM is like a striking PM. You use it to make 8*+, and elemental armors that aren't sold at the NPC.

Having good elemental armor is extremely valuable. Heck it even makes you kill faster (less running to your force, less flinching, less knockdown, less dying). Stuff like that you can only get with an armor PM. Now if you don't care about elemental armor, then you worked on the wrong kind of PM.

But yeah, if something only has a 10% chance of success with a pure armor PM, then that just drives up the value at which you can sell it at. It all works out.

If everyone ran around with 50% A class armors then this game would be way too easy.

Jinto117
Jan 8, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-01-08 15:14, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yes, it's normal. And there is a reason behind it. Did you expect that you'd get 95% chance to make it because you have a pure??

Of course not, but I did kinda expect it to be at least 60%. And of course I will be making elemental armors. Some for my friends and some to sell. What element do you feel is probably the most useful to make? Probably the ice and fire attributes I bet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jinto117 on 2007-01-08 17:19 ]</font>

Ether
Jan 8, 2007, 09:06 PM
I find ice useless, the only areas with ice enemies also contain fire enemies. Fire is good for onmagoug and de ragan, but not much else.

Lightning works well everywhere on Parum, Light is good in both relics sites, and dark armor is godly for linear line. The problem with synthing those elements though is that you have to compete with the NPC vendors, who sell 6 star armors with over 20% in all 3 elements (teroline, te-senba, and rabol tero respectively)

-Shimarisu-
Jan 8, 2007, 09:12 PM
On 2007-01-08 15:39, Ether wrote:
Uhh, 8 star weapons synth rate is 54% with a pure PM. Its better than armor, but not by much. Also, armor is something you DO need multiples of so you can have every element

How is a having a low synth rate a "challenge" anyways? Hard enemies with good AI is a challenge, having the game remove items it drops at an already low rate isn't

I've had enough to synth 2 8* crossbows in 2 days purely on drops, so I wouldn't say the drops were low rate. If anything I prefer this system over PSO's, you're pretty much GUARANTEED to be able to get good weapons in PSU, where in PSO you had the option of run after run of sheer tedium with the possibility of no drop.

Hell in PSU you can BUY the stuff to make all the A ranks, so anything you don't find you can grind for meseta to afford.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 8, 2007, 09:29 PM
Ice is good in few areas, but it's also the element of the best armor, Sori-Senba, so I have an ice element armor

And actually, it is worthwhile to make some lower weapons. I couldn't use an 8* crossbow til yesterday. Plus my favorite weapons are my no element 10 grind 6* weapons

THE JACKEL

Ether
Jan 8, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-01-08 18:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I've had enough to synth 2 8* crossbows in 2 days purely on dropsA whole two weapons? And based on the synth rates, odds are that one of them failed. You're probably also not including the board itself, which costs 110k, and makes weapons that are exactly the same as the NPC versions (coming next update) for 150k and no chance to fail

so I wouldn't say the drops were low rate. If anything I prefer this system over PSO's, you're pretty much GUARANTEED to be able to get good weapons in PSUWell when I said the drop rates were bad I meant to say I was refering to armor, which does have a terrible drop rate for the resin. You can farm it somewhat in S rank Relics, but thats just for GRM armors. For Yohmei and Tenora you just gotta buy it

For weapons I think the drop rates are fine, except for the boards which are too rare/purchase only

where in PSO you had the option of run after run of sheer tedium with the possibility of no drop.PSU has the same thing with rare boards, and those arent even guaranteed synths

Hell in PSU you can BUY the stuff to make all the A ranks, so anything you don't find you can grind for meseta to afford.So the game becomes a money grind instead of a rare item grind

Skuda
Jan 8, 2007, 09:47 PM
Armor synth may be easier in the future if one of the new GH 30x models has an armor proficiency.

http://psupedia.info/images/2/21/305-307.jpg

Jinto117
Jan 9, 2007, 05:44 PM
It would be nice if the developers didn't make armor synth TOO hard. Armor prices at the NPC shops are ridiculous.

Tengoku
Jan 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
Yes, but if everything was easy, then nothing would be worth anything. Look at WoW for example: nothing fails in crafting, so only the rarest items using the rarest materials are worth anything. You cannot make money, without great difficulty, with crafting in WoW. Here, a good chance to synth something is worth something. Anytime a crafting system has failure built in, good equipment can command a premium price, and can become a desired item that helps drive a player economy.

No, I don't like the synth failure rates, but nothing in life is guaranteed either, so failing a synth doesn't bother me. It merely means I have to go farm more, gaining exp and mission points. Darn. I earn stuff while looking for more stuff. Wait, there's a problem here?

-Shimarisu-
Jan 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-01-08 18:43, Ether wrote:

On 2007-01-08 18:12, -Shimarisu- wrote:
I've had enough to synth 2 8* crossbows in 2 days purely on dropsA whole two weapons? And based on the synth rates, odds are that one of them failed. You're probably also not including the board itself, which costs 110k, and makes weapons that are exactly the same as the NPC versions (coming next update) for 150k and no chance to fail

On a system with no duped cash, making potentially 3 weapons out of a 110K board using items that basically drop like candy in LL S, Mizuraki S and VoC, for a weapon that is vastly more useful than 90% of rares in PSO were (face it, everyone just used all the same equips in PSO) I'll take the 110K over the 150K any day. I don't even play that much any more. I cut down my time on the game and realised it wasn't a race to be best (I think PC ruined that). So yep, one of them failed, but on average 2/3 will succeed. Make multiples and sell them, and you're talking profit.

Reiichi
Jan 9, 2007, 06:47 PM
IIRC 8* xbow synth rate is only 54%. Hardly 2/3, but for the 360 that's probably okay.

On a more stable economy (360) you can buy the materials for synthing attempts at a cheaper rate as there will be less people making them due to cost restraints. Items found or items farmed or items sold all turn into the same thing otherwise. Farming != free. If the market for vestaline and teranite isn't so hot though, it's probably better to find than buy from the npc, or maybe buy from player shops for cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a glut of neu ebon and kerseline on the 360 since it's harder to afford the boards to use it.

Golto
Jan 9, 2007, 07:28 PM
You might want to make some ground armor types too for bruce's dungeon and whenever desert terror s comes out.

For me this is how I rank the elements in armor

1. Fire Dark Lightning

2.Ground(might go to #1)

3. Light Ice

It really depends on which missions you play the most.

seismica
Jan 10, 2007, 03:12 AM
spend money on armour instead of weapons if its too low to synth

Sakura123
Jan 10, 2007, 11:05 AM
Striking 8* weapons are 61% chance not 54% with pure striking PM.