PDA

View Full Version : Merikle/Mericus/Mericarol

Jaspaller
Jan 9, 2007, 08:32 AM
I'm almost positive about this question being yes but I wanted to doublecheck.

I ran through tower in a party of two yesterday with xxtrystanxx just showing a few tower strategies that I normally do solo with my HUmar. Now the thing that's come to my attention is that these strategies don't seem to work when your in a party of two or more. I'm wondering if the Meri series gets a much longer range for detecting you with multiple members rather than solo.

Dhylec
Jan 9, 2007, 09:26 AM
I believe their detection/trigger range is the same solo or multi. It's must have been one of you that got slightly closer, just a step or 2. Also, if there are more Meri's around, the chance is greater, yeah?

Jaspaller
Jan 9, 2007, 10:14 AM
Hmm, well, just to be safe I'm going to try to doublecheck on that after work. It seems odd that the same exact strategies that I use for solo HUmar towers a lot had problems like this.

I DO believe that the detection/trigger range for almost all enemies is the same for solo/multi, but this also makes me wonder about some of hte other enemies in the towers like the Gi-Gue (then again, Gi-Gue's attack pattern's are pretty wierd as it is so it's hard to tell)

Splash
Jan 9, 2007, 06:48 PM
Just think of this way, at the farthest point where a rifle will actually lock on to the Meri-series, the Meri- won't detect you. If another member of the team goes beyond that point for like a couple of steps, the Meri- will go be able to detect and start attacking.

Jaspaller
Jan 10, 2007, 08:06 AM
Well, I didn't get a chance to try... power went out and also my items, Good thing I keep backups though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2007-01-09 15:48, Splash wrote:
Just think of this way, at the farthest point where a rifle will actually lock on to the Meri-series, the Meri- won't detect you. If another member of the team goes beyond that point for like a couple of steps, the Meri- will go be able to detect and start attacking.

That IS an easy way to put it but when there's no ranger around in a tower run it becomes a problem. I'll attempt to give this a try hopefully today after work (if the power stays on >_>). I'm almost convinced that their detection range increased in a party.

There are TWO areas where I know I can definitely hit the enemies soloing without activating the other. If someone is willing to give this a try, here's the main two areas where I noticed it being pretty bad.

The first one is the room where the two merikles are up ahead on the 5th floor. If you creep long the left railing, you'll be in range for hitting the the left Mericarol without activating the blue Merikle on the right. The Mericarol's attack won't be able to hit you due to the inivisble wall of the rail.

The second place is on the 6th floor where the Merikle spawns in front of you and the two Mericarols spawn behind you. After killing off the merikle, turn around, and creep along the railing and you should be able to get within range of it to kill it leaving the other one to be a simple dodge and shoot tactic.

Both of the above seem to fail when you get into a game with a party. A confirmation would be nice if someone is willing to try.

T0m
Jan 10, 2007, 05:17 PM
In those two areas, I rarely have any trouble, doing what you described in a party of two. If you did this with a full party, then I'll assume it's just a matter of someone getting too close. If that happens, when the synchronisation is bad (a player isn't where you see him), then it could seem like the Meris are triggered over a longer distance.
Anyway, I don't think there is a difference between solo and multi. But recently, I've only played in two-person parties, and I can't guarantee the enemies are the same in a full team. (Even if I assume they do).

CM_vs_HP
Jan 11, 2007, 12:54 AM
On 2007-01-10 05:06, Jaspaller wrote:
Well, I didn't get a chance to try... power went out and also my items, Good thing I keep backups though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On 2007-01-09 15:48, Splash wrote:

If you creep long the left railing, you'll be in range for hitting the the left Mericarol without activating the blue Merikle on the right. The Mericarol's attack won't be able to hit you due to the inivisble wall of the rail.

the mericarol see you but the merikle dont see you. at this moment , you are in the handgun range of the mericarol, but in the rifle range of the merikle. advance a little too much and the merikle will detect you. unfortunately thats 1 of the reason why i always hunted alone in tower.

its so much more easier when you are the only target the ennemy can select.

i always played 2 completely different type of strategy when soloing or in a team. 1 thing i know for sure is that i never use glytch(rail,etc)in a team. it always result that some1 get stuck in rail and die (the merikle as an example)or the hunter cant get close enough on the ennemy to do some serious damage with a twin type weapon.

soloer or low level character can use glytch, advanced player dont care about it. yes at first people laughed at me because i was dying a lot... but now seriously i learned so much from those death... play with your ennemys , rush them, your not on BlueBurst , you have no experience lost if you die. believe me ,you will learn from it and you will find so much more enjoyement into rushing them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2007-01-10 22:02 ]</font>