PDA

View Full Version : my glasses broke.

Wyndham
Jan 9, 2007, 06:16 PM
before i went to sleep a few days ago, I put my glasses on my tv (which was on my brother's dresser, so it was about 6 feet up). the next dayv I couldn't find them. yesterday, I was cleaning my room, and I found them, twisted and broken. I know it was my brother, who ius the only one who wears shoes in my room. they cost 250$, and I need to get them repaired now, with my own money. it'll take a month to get that 250$, because I don't know if they can be repaired. I really hate this.

Kent
Jan 9, 2007, 06:19 PM
Isn't this why those nice, hard cases were invented? Like, the ones that come with glasses when you get them?

I keep my glasses case on my desk, in one spot. If my glasses aren't on my face or in my hand, they're in there.

Wyndham
Jan 9, 2007, 06:21 PM
I know there are cases, but I needed to put them somewhere, because I was really tired. like, falling down tired.

Kent
Jan 9, 2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah. I put mine in the case when I get that tired. :/

I'd really have to suggest getting a nice, sturdy case... It'll help prevent things like this from happening again.

Wyndham
Jan 9, 2007, 06:36 PM
well, I have a good case, but i didn't know where it was. >_< I hope I can get them repaired for an ok price.

Sinue_v2
Jan 9, 2007, 08:43 PM
Luckily I don't wear glasses yet.

I was supposed to get them when I was 13, because my optomitrist said I was starting to develop a lazy eye. After about a month of so, I said to hell with it. I'd rather wear an eyepatch. At least then I'd look cool - like a pirate, or like I lost it in a street fight or something.

Over 10 years later and I still have 20/20 vision and no lazy eye. Well... I do, sort of, but it only happens when my eyes completely lose focus, like when I'm really tired or drunk. And even then, not by much. *shrug*

Chloe1987
Jan 9, 2007, 09:59 PM
Aw lol, i done that a few times just fell into bed an then put them beside me (even tho i got a case) cus couldnt be assed puttin them away, only to wake up and see them crushed lol! I LMAO (really i do) everytime i see the smarts asses in topics.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif hope u get them fixed

Spacepest
Jan 9, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-01-09 15:19, Kent wrote:
Isn't this why those nice, hard cases were invented? Like, the ones that come with glasses when you get them?

I keep my glasses case on my desk, in one spot. If my glasses aren't on my face or in my hand, they're in there.

Same for me too. And my glasses were f***ing expensive as all hell...I wish I could have $250 glasses. My lens cost about $200 each, not including the frames! I am probably more watchful over my glasses than over my own wedding ring.

Jehosaphaty
Jan 9, 2007, 10:25 PM
As a kid when I used to spend the night at friends' houses, I used to somehow always manage to roll over and totally smush my glasses. The optometrist was usually able to bend them back into place though, so I was lucky in that aspect. If your frames are wire-frames, and the screw joints aren't totally trashed, he should be able to heat the metal and bend them back into place; if it's the frame-beams then it should be even easier unless they're just mutilated. Basically as long as the front of your glasses where the lenses go are intact, you should be able to still have functional glasses, albeit slightly ugly ones.

If you've got plastic frames you might just be screwed. Mine are thicker, plastic material that hold up well, but if ever stressed to far would probably just snap. Hope you can get those bad boys all fixed up.

Chloe1987
Jan 9, 2007, 11:02 PM
LOL - lucky me, we got N.H.S http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scrub
Jan 10, 2007, 03:08 PM
You don't ever wear them, I dont see why this is a problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scrub on 2007-01-10 12:08 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jan 10, 2007, 04:54 PM
It only takes a moment of stupid carelessness. Honestly, you were too dead tired to put them afew feet on a table or something? Sounds like carelessness and not just exhaustion. Oh and find your case, though it prolly won't do you any good.

Atleast you'll be $250 to the wiser for it.

Banish
Jan 10, 2007, 06:50 PM
I've accentidentally stepped on my old glasses with steel-toed shoes, the result of my glassses were that they were bended. I could still wear them, but i found some of my first glasses, which I wear now.