PDA

View Full Version : Grinding

Krans
Jan 9, 2007, 10:41 PM
quick question might be a dumb one but i would like to know before i put money in it.

In PSO it used to say Item + whatever depening on how many times you grind.

so if you buy a grinder +8 success as opposed to a plus 1 does that mean the weapon is grinded +8 or does that just mean you have +8 chance of it not breaking but the same grind as if the +1 had worked?

phew hope that made sense.

Eliash
Jan 9, 2007, 10:47 PM
X Grinder + YY
X = Highest rank weapon it can grind
YY = Increase in chance to grind. Low [1------10] High

So to answer your question: No, it will not grind it to a +8 automatically, assuming both succeed they will both go up 1 grind. It increases you chance to not break the weapon a little bit.

I know you didn't ask about all this but just in case others were wondering. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Krans
Jan 9, 2007, 10:48 PM
k thanks thats about what i was thinking, damn that sucks lol... well i have 3 star luck today what do you think is a safe grind to buy, prob gonna grind B ranks (or is that not worth it?) so far i saw a B+8 for 5k and a B+1 for 600

Katachi
Jan 9, 2007, 10:50 PM
Are we also correct in thinking that if the nps says "very high chance" on a +8 and also on a +2, there is no benefit in using the +8, since the +2 already puts you in the "xx% chance of success" bracket? That's kind of how I've always seen it. Why use a higher grinder if it's not going to move you into a higher success bracket?

Reiichi
Jan 9, 2007, 10:52 PM
B grinding with 3 luk only the first grind is safe if you use cheap grinders. Although there's always more risk the higher you grind, you can try to get it up to +4 or so using standard grinders which you should probably make yourself. Still a gamble though, maybe 75-80% chance of a success or so overall with generic B grinders?

You can make 5 B grinders for 3500 mes from the NPC. So that comes to 700 each. I wouldn't pay 600 for a B+1. You can probably find B+4s for like 500 even.

edit: Although two grinders might give the same message of 'high' or 'very high' the grinders still matter. However, this difference starts off small, and increases to a decent amount on the much higher grinds. When making a weapon from +1 to +2, a B+8 vs. a B+2 might not matter very much at all, like less than 5%. When you're going from like +9 to +10 that difference might be 30% or so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-09 19:57 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 9, 2007, 11:43 PM
the actual percentages that stand behind "very high" etc isnt known yet.
its also not known whether or not a B+2 with "very high" has the same success chance as a B+6 with "very high".
i personally would guess that 'very high' is just a label for anything between... 99% and 70% and that there actually is a difference between B+2 and B+6, regardless of their indentical label (in above example).
in the end, it doesnt really matter. you can fail a 99% sure grind / synth, you can also succeed a 1% grind / synth. *shrugs*

anyway, good luck to you all!

Kuya
Jan 10, 2007, 09:48 AM
I've broken more than my fair share of B and C weapons and I'd have to say that on a full luck day -

I can grind Cs to + 4 with C+1s with about a 90% success rate.
I can grind Bs to + 4 with B +1 or 2 with about a 85% success rate.

It's been shown that there is a difference in like-ratings (V.Highs for example) according to what people have seen in the Perfect Bible. It's usually very small like 2-5% between the ranks.

Personally, grind what you can afford to break and if you're grinding weapons - only do the top stars of each rank (3*, 6*, soon to be 9*). Have fun bre...grinding!

panzer_unit
Jan 10, 2007, 10:28 AM
I tend to keep my mid- and high-grade grinders for situations where they make a difference between "high" and "50-50"... I don't even take a chance on melee weapons with extreme % levels.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 10, 2007, 11:55 AM
For the most part, during my grind fest's, and considering all the +10 weapons I've made there have been a lot, the most significant grinders are +1, +6, +9, and +10. The others are crap. On a 3 luck, you can use +1 til about 5, a +6 about twice, then a +9 twice, then a +10, and you'll never have less than a high chance.

THE JACKEL