PDA

View Full Version : ARGH. Shop rant; Not what you think.

RyuKisargi
Jan 10, 2007, 05:14 PM
Ok, I'm having a serious problem. A buddy of mine sold out his shop (( He got Max Meseta )) and he gave me half of it. I spent some, but I put a lot of it into making high-priced weapons and armor. And Decorations. Needless to say, I'm almost flush in the bank. So I do what I've been wanting to do, make a Ranger-based CAST. He's going to be a fortegunner so I can shoot laser cannons.

I carry around about 500k-2million meseta, depending on what I'm doing. I know it's insane, but I don't feel right having so much money, I help people out a LOT now. Giving away 10k or so at a pop to just random people that come in my mission runs.

Last night, I have 200k on me. I get kicked by the leader of the room I'm in because "he's so low of a level he shouldn't have that much money to give away! lawls". I also carry around a full round of scapes now too. So I get kicked whenever I die and revive unless I'm with friends anymore.

Seriously guys, when did the PSU general community become ultra-elitist and picky? I'm a level 19 Ranger7, with good weapons (( Kubara )), but people just look at the amount of money I have and go "omg hacker" and supposedly go to report me.

Sometimes I wish I never sold that stuff, I really wasn't expecting anyone to buy any of it, but damn.

It's not like I can get it back if I simply tried anyway, I saw what happened to this one chick here that tried. Screenshots and all.

Ok, I'm done. I just wanted to rant some. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LATERS PSOW!

DikkyRay
Jan 10, 2007, 05:17 PM
Wow i feel you.
My friend made an assload of money, and made an alternate. Gets kicked out because he has "EVERYTHING A LVL 40 SHOULD HAVE" (someone said that XD)
SO what if he made cash, and bought several A rank weps?
ANd yea, its stupid to report if someone has money. Hell, if anyone gets banned just for having money, without proof of atually hacking, then the reporters should be banned.
oh wait, then there would only be like 30 people on psu

RyuKisargi
Jan 10, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-01-10 14:17, DikkyRay wrote:
Wow i feel you.
My friend made an assload of money, and made an alternate. Gets kicked out because he has "EVERYTHING A LVL 40 SHOULD HAVE" (someone said that XD)
SO what if he made cash, and bought several A rank weps?
ANd yea, its stupid to report if someone has money. Hell, if anyone gets banned just for having money, without proof of atually hacking, then the reporters should be banned.
oh wait, then there would only be like 30 people on psu

I use +10 Raihocs for my rifles, and a set of +10 Arb Hardoc for my twinguns. Everything else is +6-+8 Kubara. So yeah, I'm better equipped then half the rangers on PSU. :/

I just got kicked from a Regan run for critting a 300 on the thing's head. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Spacepest
Jan 10, 2007, 06:02 PM
Dude, that just sucks, people kicking you out because you have nice stuff and are flush with cash.

I made an alt character just to hold my cash and various items. I don't get to party alot--i'm busy and a late night gamer--so I either solo online or right now just play with friends. I rarely have time to just do pick up parties. I only have two characters, one in the level 20s and other in the level 30s.

BUT...I have a player shop that's made over a couple million meseta (I seriously can't believe the prices some people pay for items. HINT: rare seasonal room decorations or discontinued seasonal reform tickets). I don't like the fact that people can see a level 20 with a million meseta on it. Ditto when she's got her GH450 PM out, whose creation was funded by my player shops. And like 50K+ in clothing on her.

So its quite possible for a player to be low level and have alot of money and decent equipment--and even an PM!--if they have good shop sales.

After next week i'll be able to do pick up games again. Whoo boy, I can't wait to be kicked.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 10, 2007, 06:46 PM
Huh. Interesting.

It seems that even in PSU, the rich can't get away without being accused of obtaining their money through illegitimate means.

I suppose that it's good you posted here about it, though. I think that was the right thing to do. This provides a bit of public exposure, and gets the word out that Player Shops can be very lucrative indeed, and a lowbie with cash may very well be a new character belonging to a merchant.

roygbiv
Jan 10, 2007, 07:30 PM
I mean on the one hand you would have directly benefitted from the quantities of duped meseta in circulation. As in PSO, trading for an obviously duped weapon would have invited the ire of legit players, I think having people complain about some players having too much money is just the extension of this...

RyuKisargi
Jan 10, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-01-10 16:30, roygbiv wrote:
I mean on the one hand you would have directly benefitted from the quantities of duped meseta in circulation. As in PSO, trading for an obviously duped weapon would have invited the ire of legit players, I think having people complain about some players having too much money is just the extension of this...

Well, I do have a level 48 Fortefighter, but yeah. I agree with that.ayr 60 or 70% of the Meseta of the market is duped, and it's circulating everywhere. Even if you or me get it, we do, because there's some items that would even normally cost a lot of money. (( +10 weapons of Nrank comes to mind. )) I just spend it and go on, or bury it.

Think of it this way. If you sell something good for what it's worth, it's all good. But I don't think you'd complain if someone offered 100$ for a watch you picked up at a flea market for 5$.

RyuKisargi
Jan 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
On 2007-01-10 15:46, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Huh. Interesting.

It seems that even in PSU, the rich can't get away without being accused of obtaining their money through illegitimate means.

I suppose that it's good you posted here about it, though. I think that was the right thing to do. This provides a bit of public exposure, and gets the word out that Player Shops can be very lucrative indeed, and a lowbie with cash may very well be a new character belonging to a merchant.

Or that a lowbie with cash can be a level 60 with a nice side-buisness.

AzureBlaze
Jan 10, 2007, 11:46 PM
Rant experienced and agreed.
I still maintain the problem is:
WHY IS THIS INFO ON DISPLAY!

I have spoken out against this BS of being able to Xray vision thru everyone's personal business from the start! It's just fishy as heck to be able to spy on people because you KNOW the only ones who are going to do it are the morons who aren't going to understand where the person's coming from. I never look at people's stuff. I don't CARE. If I want to know what someone's wep is, I'll ASK them.

You should have to ask.
People's private business is PRIVATE. And when it's exposed to the public you get this BS havoc because people can't tolerate others based on a bunch of stupid stats.

I have been heckled about
"My PA's aren't high enough"
"Why is your Rising Crush so low?"
"You have too much money"
"Your armor is bunk"

The answers:
High according to who? Most are 28, and I got a late start to this game
Rising Crush was my LAST PA. I didn't know if I liked the dual saber style. I do. So sue me?
I sold a Jao Delma for a mill. I killed that Jao too.
I'm trying to have a sori-senba synthed, so I'm not going to buy some expensive armor in the meantime

When you're not too busy digging thru everyone's private player info, you'd find out the only thing that matters: Is this a good team mate, or isn't it?

Spacepest
Jan 11, 2007, 12:49 AM
AzureBlade, I quite agree with you.

Why the hell is this info up for display anyways???? I think some basic info should be up for display (like name, class, player id #, level, points to next level) and that should be about it. What the hell is this, FFXI??? Eff that.

Schubalts
Jan 11, 2007, 09:12 AM
It's not like you receive a message or something when people check you out, unless you do. But why does it bother you? This isn't one of those games where you have a huge selection of skills/special abilities/magic items that make your stats completely customizable, and want your super build to be a secret...

Blue-Hawk
Jan 11, 2007, 12:13 PM
Wow. After reading this rant, I'm REALLY starting to rethink about going online. Sounds like the only hard part is dealing with the community.

Reiichi
Jan 11, 2007, 01:17 PM
I think I make 101% of all my money through my shop and synthing.

I think I make -1% of all my money through meseta drops and mission rewards. (lol traps)

I'd lean more towards 90%+ of the mes in the economy is from duping.

Although I look at everyones weapons while running to catch up to the party when joining a mission, I don't comment on them, and rarely do people comment on my gear. Rangers and Forces are boring to look at, no elemental % weapons there. Hunters though... sometimes I wish I carried extra properly elemental weapons around just so I can give them away. Having people using remants of LL (light) or Neudaiz Relics (dark) in a mission of ice and fire monsters just makes me want to cry. Some of these people have a lot of meseta too, yet don't know how to spend it properly =p.

Starting a new characters though with fancy clothes and elemental weapons has gotten some questions like, 'how did you afford new clothes' or 'is this your 2nd character', but never kicks yet.

More people need to learn to check by UID rather than level. People who started earlier very likely have played more and will have more money. Now seeing a UID of 30k+ with 20m+ meseta, meh =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-11 10:20 ]</font>