PDA

View Full Version : PM Fighting ability.

nanenj
Jan 11, 2007, 05:05 PM
There aren't any in depth 'stats' for PMs aside from their levels. Does anyone know if these levels actually affect their fighting ability? Like, if I have a PM with level 100 striking, does it do more damage than one with level 50 striking? Does one with level 60 armor take less damage then one with 20 armor? etc. and so on. I know not many people really use their PMs for fighting, but, I'd be interested in knowing the mechanics around this. As far as I know, nothing but the 'type' of PM you end up with at 80 has any effect on how it fights. The levels are only in regards to their success synthesizing certain types of items.

Thanks much in advance!

Dhylec
Jan 11, 2007, 06:02 PM
Synth levels do not affect battle levels. They are separate stats.

Mattardo
Jan 11, 2007, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure whether my PM (who is near battle level 90) hits harder than she used to at earlier battle levels. The problem is: her level goes up with mine, so her attack does as well. So there's no real way for me to tell. She's not as stupid at higher levels. Stil stupid, but not as stupid. She sticks on enemies longer rather than following me if I retreat. I'm hopin at level 100 that she might become A ST, but I'm not holding my breath.

OdinTyler
Jan 13, 2007, 04:16 PM
Ive noticed a meter that says B ST in my PM's status. It goes up as I synth more often. Im guessing this will continue to go up as I synth, but, my questions are:

1. When will it become A?
2. Will this new rank help the PM in anyway (including battle)?
3. When do 1 & 2 happen for both online & offline? In offline, you have a humanoid PM at Lv30 whereas online, its Lv80.

Soukosa
Jan 13, 2007, 09:58 PM
Thought "B St" was short for "Battle Stat" and it should only be going up after you complete a mission with her in the party with you. Are you sure it's going up while you synth stuff?

Mattardo
Jan 14, 2007, 01:14 AM
I guess there's only one way to tell if her strength will increase with her B ST level: someone will have to note the power of her hits initially, and then get her a bunch of s-ranks to level her without getting yourself any EXP. That way her main level won't increase along with yours. Go ahead. Do it, someone!