PDA

View Full Version : Please suggest weapons for a CAST Wartecher.

happy_cricket
Jan 11, 2007, 09:59 PM
I prefer melee, and only use Reverser and Resta as far as techs go. What are some specific weps I can be shopping for to earn more damage? He is level 31 and level 2 Wartecher, btw. I'm stumped - nothing seems to help in terms of damage.

Thanks!

DRO
Jan 11, 2007, 10:31 PM
I don't have any help....but I am a Cast guntecher....while the guns are nice...I only use resta and reverser also...my resta is like passing out monomates...sorry for being a little off topic butI though you had a unique char and was wondering how things were going with it ..how u like it ...you can respond in a pm if u like

-Shimarisu-
Jan 11, 2007, 10:46 PM
You're only level 31.

Concentrate on getting high %s rather than grinding, it will earn you more ATP.

Fure_Rakune
Jan 11, 2007, 10:57 PM
If youre lookin to do some moderate damage, try to acquire a berdys or a bow and grind em.

Natrokos
Jan 11, 2007, 11:48 PM
cast+bow=<3 also most people enjoy spear.

huntlyon
Jan 12, 2007, 12:06 AM
so far I've yet to wander from spears, double daggers, and single daggers as a human

Holo
Jan 12, 2007, 12:09 AM
Despite what some say,get yourself a yohemi wand. Tenora wands arent worth the tp bonus. Also GRM wands do good. Get a spear and daggers a bow and thats it. of and for future reference have fan/wand combo's.

Gamemako
Jan 12, 2007, 12:46 AM
Do NOT get a Yohmei wand. They're absolutely horrid. If you desperately need PP, get GRM. GRM have 90% of the PP and 110% of the TP, while Tenora have 70% of the PP and 115% of the TP (check PSUpedia if you don't believe me).

As for melee weapons, as Shima said, get good percents on weapons and they'll be good to you. Make sure you have a set of twin daggers too, since they're just so damn useful. Twin sabers are great for their PA (four straight lifting attacks, each of which can hit 2 opponents). As for damage, grab a spear for the moment, as much as I hate them. Since you start with 75% ATP (you have 76% at WT2), you're going to need the biggest ATP bonus you can find, and you won't find bigger than the spear.

//EDIT: Fixed factual error.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-11 21:49 ]</font>

Natrokos
Jan 12, 2007, 01:07 AM
A rank wands are Yohmei anyway....They are not horrid....You will be trading a small amount of resta potential (like 10hp) for an additional resta.

Pengfishh
Jan 12, 2007, 01:59 AM
Use spears for being awesome, single daggers for being conservative (and awesome with Buten Shuren-zan), Bows for being awesome from afar, and a highly grinded wand for being helpful (being helpful is awesome).

Awesome.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 12, 2007, 02:00 AM
yeah, the specific weapon you should he shopping for is a new class

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hee hee.

cast wartecher? in-CON-cievable!

-Shimarisu-
Jan 12, 2007, 02:02 AM
Base TAP is not as important as base ATP.

That said, I think beasts and humans are a better choice overall, but this is a job that can be done by anyone.

happy_cricket
Jan 19, 2007, 06:26 PM
Thank you all for the tips.