PDA

View Full Version : Yay! First rare enemy encounter!

Lomax
Nov 28, 2002, 09:08 AM
I finally found a rare enemy! I was playin the quest "The Fake In Yellow" and I found a Pal Rappy! Unfortunately, he only dropped a barrier (stupid idgit). This is quite an accomplishment for me, seeing as I'm only level 11.

RedFox
Nov 28, 2002, 12:10 PM
the first lily i ever saw was red.... i didnt realise the significance (big word!) of it until ages later :/

Muku6
Nov 28, 2002, 08:34 PM
I've played over 267 hours on my DC PSO v1 and never came across a rare enemy. Not but 5 hours into the GC PSO versions had I run into the Pal Rappy. A big shocker, considering I'd put a lot of time into my DC and hadn't come across a blessed thing. Anyways, the hildbears came out of hiding and before I could take the first rare enemy I'd ever seen in my PSO life, they came and brutally ganged me. (I was also low level.) Ugh... blasted things.

FenixTrey
Nov 28, 2002, 09:16 PM
I saw a red lilly which dropped an Angel/Mind in offline Normal cave 3.

DirewolfX
Nov 28, 2002, 09:42 PM
Umm... you mean you saw Al Rappy, the blue one? Cause Pal Rappies are the fruity looking rainbow ones that show up in Ultimate.

Shadow_Blade
Nov 28, 2002, 10:01 PM
I found a pal rappy with ginko on ult ^_^; ...

...it droped a flame barrier --;

Blue-Hawk
Nov 29, 2002, 11:02 AM
i found a pal rappy this morning. it droped me a star amplifier. not atomizer mind you.

Siegfried
Nov 29, 2002, 11:09 AM
I've to date(on GC) come across the following:

2x Red Lillies
1x Hildeblue
2x Al Rappy

I'm hoping to encounter a Hildetor again, like in my DCPSO days.

Lomax
Nov 29, 2002, 11:29 AM
Sorry, I meant Al Rappy, OOOOOPS.

Muku6
Nov 29, 2002, 09:36 PM
Er Al Rappy for me too LOL

Barubary6
Nov 29, 2002, 10:29 PM
I played DC v1 and DC v2 for a long time and never saw a rare monster until GC v3, a Nar Lily. And I saw another Nar Lily in Cave 2 of that game about 15 minutes later. I got an Angel/Mind++, which is pretty good in Normal mode.

-- Barubary

Blur2168
Nov 29, 2002, 10:48 PM
i remember the first rare enemy i ever saw. it wuz in DC ver1 , and i wuz playing with a friend in forest 2 . we walked into that room where like 4 rappys drop ( u know the one) and off in the distance i saw a blue one! i wuz like " wtf is that!" and my friend said " i dunno just kill it!" haha if i remember rite al it dropped wuz some meseta. then just a few weeks ago , goin thru forest for the first time in EpI&II w. my now deleated FOmar, in the area right before the boss telporter, i saw a Hildeblue! it wuz crazy! it didnt drop anything tho. ::sigh::

Foggy_Pete
Nov 30, 2002, 12:31 AM
i guess im lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ive seen a 3 red slimes, a nar lily (today!), 2 hildeblues, and a love rappy

Ian D
Nov 30, 2002, 01:38 AM
I've never seen a rare enemy.. I did find an Agito in Hard Ruins though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

FinalMasterM
Nov 30, 2002, 04:48 AM
Since GC:

5 Al Rappys
0 Hildeblue
5 Nar Lillys
0 Pouilly Slime
3 Pal Rappys
5 Hildetorr
3 Mil Lilly

from all of them I've gotten...

Windmill, Caduceus, Branch of Paku Paku, Elysion and some random units.

Codester
Nov 30, 2002, 01:04 PM
On the Dreamcast, I never saw any rare enemies. On Gamecube, I've seen 2 Al Rappys, a Hildeblue, and a Nar Lily. I got about 100 Meseta and a Barrier from the Rappys, a Resist/Light from the Blue, and a Dragon/HP from the Lilly. I think Al Rappys give a good bit of XP, since I leveled after killing each one of them.

CajunSamurai
Dec 1, 2002, 07:19 AM
Just tonight, I saw my first GCN rare monster... An Al Rappy in... CHALLENGE MODE. WHY?!? While we hacked away at it for pathetic damage, it pecked at us for some MAJOR hurtin', even managing to kill the HUcast with a critical. 150 exp in C1 sure was nice, but man, that run was pretty miserable.

Siegfried
Dec 1, 2002, 06:03 PM
On 2002-11-30 10:04, Codester wrote:
On the Dreamcast, I never saw any rare enemies. On Gamecube, I've seen 2 Al Rappys, a Hildeblue, and a Nar Lily. I got about 100 Meseta and a Barrier from the Rappys, a Resist/Light from the Blue, and a Dragon/HP from the Lilly. I think Al Rappys give a good bit of XP, since I leveled after killing each one of them.

I got a Dragon/HP from a Nar Lilly as well. I found it in the Temple in th room you must hit the switch to extend the bridge. Yeah...

Muku6
Dec 1, 2002, 07:37 PM
Wow, today I saw two rare enemies.. and this time I got to kill em.

I saw another Al Rappy and a Hildeblue. I saw the Al Rappy in the Fake in Yellow quest on Hard Mode. It gave me a Disk of Liberator. I saw the Hildeblue in the Forest of Sorrow quest on Hard Mode. It also gave me a Disk of Liberator. :/ Oh well, maybe I'll see more soon.. this is a heck of a lot more than I saw on my DC. (Which was zippo.)

sMaRtAzZ
Dec 1, 2002, 08:10 PM
ne one kno what mil lillies drop on ult temple? im currently doing tp trick for one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kenks23
Dec 1, 2002, 09:37 PM
I saw just a few days ago my first rare monster ever in Phantasy Star Online history. I played the DC version 1 way back in the day and I got up to the 70s and never had seen a rare monster. Crazy I tell yah.
Anyways, the rare monster I saw was a red rappy. I was level 35 I believe (now level 39) and was on multiplayer cmode offline with 2 friends. It was great fun until the damn thing showed up, and killed one of us in no time. Oh well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. It was friggin' awesome to finally see a rare monster.

Lileya
Dec 1, 2002, 09:54 PM
On 2002-12-01 17:10, sMaRtAzZ wrote:
ne one kno what mil lillies drop on ult temple? im currently doing tp trick for one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It depends on your ID, I think I remember yours is oran right? Mil Lilly in temple drops aura field for oran.

-Nemesis_
Dec 2, 2002, 01:23 AM
Back in V1 i saw a Hildeblue in V. hard. it was a full game, and suprisingly i got the item which was a crappy Soul Eater :|. on V2 my friend,who was level 72, saw a rare Hild-something (it was either purple or black i think) on ult. He had ~5 Scapedolls, yet the rare hildes' high level megid killed him one too many times. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mute
Dec 2, 2002, 10:39 AM
Yes, considering the time I've spent on GC compared to that same time on DC, I've seen a much greater amount of rare enemies. Back on DC, with countless hours, I had seen an Al Rappy twice, a Nar Lily on several occassions, a Hildeblue once, but I never caught a Red Slime. On GC PSO, here is an estimate as to what I've seen with about 120 Hours:

1 Al Rappy
2 Love Rappies
1 Hildeblue
1 Hildetorr
1 Red Slime
3 Nar Lilies

Annoy
Dec 4, 2002, 01:17 PM
I've fought 3 Nar Lillys...each time getting a Dragon/HP...many Al Rappys..but each time it was either Meseta though in V. Hard I got a God/TP which was cool...and those are the only two rare enemies I've fought http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zae
Dec 4, 2002, 02:55 PM
I saw a rare Boma secound form he was so cool looking and he droped a blue Barrier that reallly sucks

Kaervek
Dec 4, 2002, 04:08 PM
I just bought GCN and PSO E1&2 and have put about 15 hours into it. My first time in the VR Temple, I saw a Love Rappy. I didn't know that this was a rare enemy at the time - I just thought it was a new rappy for E2. It dropped a little over 500 meseta. Not terribly good, but that paid for a good amount of monomates when I needed them =P