PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: new shopkeeper guide

R2D6battlebot
Jan 12, 2007, 11:50 AM
Ok, this is my first guide, so bear with me and dont leave negative feedback, because frankly i put time and effort into doing this. Im trying to help save the failing economy, and the only way thats gonna happen is if people stop trying to sell things for rediculous prices. If you are a new shop keeper, or even if youre not that new, there are a few things that help get business.
1. Dont price things if you dont want to sell them. If you have things in your shop jut for storage, then do everyone a favor and store them on another character or in the common box. Theres nothing I hate more than seeing 99999999 on a shop item (and i know im not the only one who hates it). If you have nowhere to store something, then for the sake of others close the shop you store things in to avoid wasting peoples time.
2. Price things realistically. Even if its a rare item, think about how much you put on the tag. Nobody is going to buy Kubara wood for 1000000 meseta, and if they do then chances are high that its hacked money.
3. Compare prices. Shop around before you just put random tags on things you have. Ive seen people sel things for higher than NPC prices. Also, consider the fact that there is competition in economics. Dont price things too high, because then they will just sit there.
4. Update your shop. If you look in your shop and see an item thats been sitting there forever, the price is probably too high. Take the price down and see if it sells then.
5. If you dont know how much an item goes for, shop around for awhile. Compare prices and see what others sell it for and if you would be willing to sell it for that low or lower. If you use the guess and check method, people might lose respect for your store because of too high prices.
6. I cant stress enough how important it is to shop around for bargains. Also, if youre shopping for something fairly common, dont hesitate to check the npc shops and compare from there.

Now then, for anyone who is just starting out, Ive done a couple hours of research and comparing prices on many of the more common shop items. The following lists most of the non-rare synthesis items, and there a few rares that are easy for new players to come buy as well. Next to the name of the item is the average fair price that i found after shopping around. Keep in mind when you are pricing things that some items are more desired than other because of what they can make. Heres the list i came up with.

Photon - 30
El photon - 100
Im photon - 100
Ban photon - 3500
Zon photon - 3k
Ray photon - 5k
Di photon - 4k
Gra photon - 3k
Megi photon - 4k
Carlian - 50
Peparian - 200
Slaterian - 1500
Meganite - 50
Giganite - 200
Teranite - 1500
harnium - 50
soldonium - 200
Stelnium - 1500
Gamotite - 50
Zepotite - 300
Chicotite - 1500
Soural - 100
Speral - 400
Cyral - 1500
Inverter circuit - 40k
Koltova gras - 500
Koltova milk - 350
Altim crim - 500
Rappy feather - 50k
Pannon jelly - 500
Unknown meat - 100
Ollaka meat - 300
Acenaline - 25
Wenceline - 50
Aporaline - 100
Dianaline - 300
Marseline - 550
Upteline - 1500
Kerseline - 2k
Vestaline - 3k
Vulcaline - 4500
Nanosilica - 200
Nanocarbon - 2k
Metasilica - 200
Metacarbon - 1500
Hot berry - 10
Cold berry - 10
Sweet berry - 10
Bitter berry - 10
Stamina berry - 10
Moatoob truffle - 50
Poison truffle - 10
Mad truffle - 10
Rotten truffle- 10
Balji truffle - 10
Love berry - 10
Hustle berry - 500
Trans acid - 25
Metamor acid - 50
Ether acid - 100
Lambda acid - 500
Omega acid - 1k
Grinder base c - 100
Grinder base b - 500
Grinder base a - 25k
Par wood - 100
Par ash - 500
Mot wood - 100
Mot ash - 500
Neu wood - 100
Neu ash - 500

I dont really want to hear people say 'i sold this in my shop for much more than the price on the list' because thats the reason i made the guide was so people would hopefully stop putting rediculous prices on things and selling them to other people who arent smart enough to shop around a little bit.
If this 'guide' helps anyone, then it was well worth the time. Id like to thank Blank and Indica for their opinions on fair prices for some of the items listed. Feedback is appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2007-01-12 09:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2007-01-12 09:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2007-01-13 01:46 ]</font>

Arislan
Jan 12, 2007, 12:03 PM
Par Ebon - 2000 - 2500
Neu Ebon - 2000 - 2500
Mot Ebon - 2000 - 2500

I'd buy Vestaline at 4K each, 50% would be wonderful, but I'd gladly settle for 2K off each.

Reiichi
Jan 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'd buy 5900 vestaline, but I would not pay those elemental photon prices.

R2D6battlebot
Jan 12, 2007, 12:08 PM
the thing about elemental photons is that they cannot be bought at npc stores, so people generally price them higher. Keep in mind that these are not MY prices, i just calculated the average prices of items as long as the price wasnt stupid (aka ray-photon for 100000).

Itsuki
Jan 12, 2007, 12:13 PM
I sometimes keep a 100000 ray-photon in my store just to get people in to buy the other stuff >.>

Reiichi
Jan 12, 2007, 12:19 PM
Average is fine if the prices aren't retarded. Don't forget that prices you see are often times prices that items do not sell at. I know some people buy up 10k rays, but they also resell them at 80k, and continue to do so because they do resell at that value. The same does not happen with the other elemental photons. Hopefully with sori-senba at the NPC for 360k now the demand for ray photons would drop down.

Also, a little mistake on NPC pricing.

Grinder base C are 100 at the NPC
Grinder base B are 500 at the NPC

Inverter circuits I can't imagine would move at 40k normally
Same for rappy feathers at 50k, but I don't play in those markets.
Omega acids are DEFINATELY not worth 3k under any circumstances.

You must have run across some really cheap 4* metal shops. Soldonium, zepotite, speral, giganite, are how I'd classify the 4* metals in terms of popularity. These you can price in the 400-600 range typically unless you are a 50% shop, then 400 is a fine price. Giganite might be hard to move though, and same with speral.

7* metals priced 1500-2000 is fine. Those are in high demand. As are ebon and such.

Kind of sad how the price of photons for an 8* weapon make up 1/3 of the cost now.

edit: itsuki, normally people would say wtf and never visit your shop again. On the US PC/PS2 version though, most people would just ignore it, and there are a few that'd buy it =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiichi on 2007-01-12 09:21 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Jan 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
its a good strategy, but coming from someone who shops a LOT, its pretty annoying to search a specific item and have the shop its in have a stupid-high price tag on it. What i do is price ray photons ant 3500 and sell them one at a time. That way even if people are only there for the ray, they'll see what a bargain it is and then look at the other things i have.

Edit - I fixed the price on the grinder bases, but people still sell them for high and the lazy consumers are the ones that pay. Thanks for your help Reiichi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2007-01-12 09:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R2D6battlebot on 2007-01-12 09:26 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jan 12, 2007, 12:33 PM
OK, looks like it's shaping up to be a nice guide. I'll have it added to the list, so keep it up. ;]

Haze111
Jan 12, 2007, 02:08 PM
Why sell Soural for 100? That is the same price as the synth shop.

medusae
Jan 12, 2007, 05:19 PM
also, I believe El and Im photons are 100 at the NPC shop. I could be wrong, though.

zanotam
Jan 12, 2007, 06:01 PM
dude omega acids have one ues and thats for scape dolls. Why would you sell them for more then 1k each? What retard would spend more money on mats then a complete one costs?

Traize
Feb 14, 2007, 10:18 AM
I've slapped togeather an Excell file with all the above & some others included, showing store prices, the maximum price the Shop Keepers guild would allow & with columns for people to run in their own formulas to work out reasonable prices, if people think it worth while I can get it hosted or something...

I generally stick my items between 1/5th & 1/4 NPC, but to be honest, I sell so little I'm starting to wonder what I'm doing wrong... Compared to many shops mine is very generous for prices & well laid out, what am I doing wrong??? (I have made 30000 in 24 hours, I suppose thats not so bad...)

SabZero
Feb 14, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'd like to add the following:

- if your shop is storage, say so in your ad, clearly
- same goes for passworded shops, there's no other way to tell until you try to enter (and then have to go through half the menus again)
- don't advertise falsely, like saying "everything 50% off npc" and then not sticking to it.

Your patronage is always welcome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif