PDA

View Full Version : HUnewearl Questions

Amethyst
Nov 28, 2002, 10:44 AM
I just created a HUnewearl and would like to know peoples opinions on certain things relating to the HUnewearls development in Battle.

Here are the questions:

1. What materials should she take?
(Max 150 Materials)

2. What should my mags stats be?

3. What is the best and most efficient weapon to use?

Elusive_Llama
Nov 28, 2002, 11:24 AM
I can answer for number 3...I personally prefer partisan-type weapons (Vjaya +15 right now) with sword-type weapons coming in second best (sword weapons have that annoyingly slow recover animation after the 3rd combo hit). Hunnys are the only Hunters to get Shifta/Deband. The damage bonuses you get from Shifta can add up with every enemy you hit with your partisan/sword, translating into you being able to kill more enemies in less time. Deband helps reduce the dmg you take when you swing too close with your weapon. Cast a Jellen also to further reduce the dmg enemies do.

edit:
I guess I can answer for number 2 also...

I would give a max of 10 to DEF, and concentrate on POW, DEX with the leftover going to MIND. My playstyle is to rely on support techniques like shifta/deband/jellen/zalure/resta and let my weapons do all the damage. I rarely use my TP for attack techniques when a good swipe from my Vjaya does the same damage or more because I believe TP is better spent on those techniques mentioned above.

In light of that, I will probably make the following for my new Varaha (revised):

DEF 10
POW 81
DEX 80
MIND 29

I'd like a POW of 90+ but then I have Shifta to help me out. My low DEF can be helped with Deband. DEX (and thereby ATA) is very important because if you can't hit anything, what good is a high POW? Mind is not so important to me as long as I can get a good chunk of health out of my Resta. TP level is not so important seeing as I carry Difluids/Trifluids, can Ryuker back to restock, and I rarely use my TP for attack techniques (which eat up a lot). Don't forget that Newms/Newearls get a pretty good auto TP regen standing still, and I have a Brionac & a Geist Claymore if I should feel the need to refill my TP in combat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2002-11-28 08:40 ]</font>

Jizzah
Nov 28, 2002, 01:19 PM
Dunno about mats, but IMO this should be the other two:

Weapon: Dragon Slayer. I've used BRIONAC and VJAYA and both are still collecting dust since I got the slayer. Its also a good idea to keep a gun on you like a Varista, for those times when you have to hit stuff far away. ie. traps

Mag Stats:
20 DEF
100 POW
40 DEX
40 MIND

TeamPhalanx
Nov 28, 2002, 01:25 PM
1) Avoid taking ANY defense materials. HUnewearl's DFP growth is either 1 or 2 every level and that jumps to either 2 or 3 later on.

2) Low DEF, other stats vary on what slot units you want to use. I recommend going with **/Arm units so you don't have to get the DEX high.

3) Same as every other HUnter.

LollipopLolita
Nov 28, 2002, 04:52 PM
phalanx wrote a very good guide under the mags section just about mags, read it!