PDA

View Full Version : WT in need of ideas

zanotam
Jan 12, 2007, 10:08 PM
Alright i went WT so i could mix spells with other stuff, but now i feel like to have all the stuff i need i need 5 wands.
1 wand for resta and light buff
1 wand for shifta and that debuff
1 wand for deband and jellen?
1 wand for the lightning buff and a megid spell
1 wand for my offencive
1 pair of dual daggers

At that current set up i feel its best to go FT but do any WT have a recomendation? I like being able to melee but i fell to be at my highest usefullness i need rods so i don't have to use up all those spaces http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DonRoyale
Jan 12, 2007, 10:12 PM
You're a newman, right?

If you want to tech, be a FT.

If you want to melee, be a WT. The whole point of being a WT, really, is being able to melee with the added bonus of techs. Be both, not one or the other, that's what pure classes are for.

zanotam
Jan 12, 2007, 10:22 PM
Well actually i'm a human and i like being able to melee i just feel with all the necessary techs we need to make us work at our full potential we just dont get enough slots to abuse the melee. also if we're hybrid how come i get 8* cane but only 4* dual dagger? its f*cked up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Holo
Jan 12, 2007, 11:26 PM
there is no way, i ran into this problem myself.I had to sacrifice many of the buff/debuffs l i suggest only using buffs as a WT though. thats my opinion. my layout is.....
gun/wand (resta/reverser)
spear
twin daggers
bow
gun/wand (any 2 buffs i feel that suit what mission im doing)
gun/wand (offensive spells wand)

ShinMaruku
Jan 13, 2007, 12:23 AM
I'm a newman aiming for that asI'd like be as versitile as I cna because for the melee resistant I can burn and tech resitant I can make fly.
I just need to know what kind of equipemnt I'll need.Preferably equal of melee and wands

Kimil
Jan 13, 2007, 01:25 AM
I ran into this too... This is what I chose you CAN'T do everything, specialize in certain things only
Gun/wand (Resta/Reverser)
Gun/Wand (Zallure/Jellen)
Gun/Wand (Retier/Zondiel/Shifta/Deband > two at a time depending on situation, or if a good Forete is here, I put a melee wep here)
Then Melee weps.

zanotam
Jan 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
hmm interesting idea, but i seem to keep running into the problem that my spells massively out damage my melee weapons simply because my ATP isn't high enough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Any suggestions?

Kent
Jan 13, 2007, 02:41 PM
Here's my setup - I find that it works perfectly, but the fact that you have to use Wands as a Wartecher, is slightly limiting:

Melee weapon set 1 (Usually either Saber or Dagger + Kikami)
Melee weapon set 2 (Spear or Twin Daggers)
Longbow
Gun+Wand (Offensive techniques, I use mainly the Gi- series, but I'm thinking of switching to Dam-)
Gun+Wand (Appropriate buffs, two of them)
Gun+Wand (Resta + Reverser)

For buffs, from my experience so far, Zodial doesn't seem to be that beneficial anywhere, but I haven't been everywhere since I got it. For places with lots of technique-casting enemies (Mizuraki S, and the latest GUARDIANs mission come to mind...), I'll use Retier instead of Deband - and get the added bonus of having better nukage and healing, as well as substantially less damage from enemy nukes. No, I don't have debuffs yet - I don't seem to have much room for them... Unless I'm paired with someone who wants to be the dedicated buffer.

I would have more Kikami instead of handguns to go with those wands, but I'm too broke'd for that.

As far as melee damage compared to technique damage... Not too sure what to say about that, aside from getting/grinding better weapons. I use an Asami-zashi and Shintsuki-zashi mostly (7* Dagger and Twin Dagger), and they hold up pretty nicely for damage, as does my well-ground Mukarad. From my experience, though, Wartecher, ironically enough, does some pretty hefty damage with ranged weapons - a lot of the time, hit-per-hit, they'll do more than your melee attacks will, unless you have some really good percentages (Cards and Longbows, especially, due to those high percentages on bullets).

Other than that, you could always... Use Shifta + Zalure. Increase your attack and decrease your enemies' defense, will provide quite a spike in melee/ranged damage output.

huntlyon
Jan 13, 2007, 03:05 PM
I'm not making any judgement calls until I get all my new techs up into their high teens...

goddamn solo Linear A runs...

my ass is broke, my PM needs combat xp, I need slow monsters to tech/
PA spam....

DonRoyale
Jan 13, 2007, 04:10 PM
My current setup is:

-Twin Sabers (earth)
-Twin Daggers (dark-waiting on my 8* 12% light ones)
-Gun (Waiting on card, need 38 ATA XD)/Wand (Zalure/Diga)
-Gun (Waiting on card)/Wand (Resta/Shifta)
-Gun (Waiting on card)/Saber
-Gun (Waiting on card)/Dagger

SolomonGrundy
Jan 13, 2007, 08:19 PM
Wartecher = Versatility

You can't run around with the same stuff on your palette at all times, so I you have to customize for an area. Take as many spells as possible for you 36 PA slots - perhaps as many as 26-30. Devote the remaining slots to weapon PA's

One way to save PA slots is to learn the Bow ultimate art. It makes the Bow highly accurate, AND do more damage, at the cost of PP...which bows have aplenty.

Save at least one slot for cards. the are accurate and more elemantal than handguns. They also have 2 bullets, and "seek"

One important note: regardless of your race, jellen and zalure will reduce opponents stats MORE than the shifta/deband will bump you stats. That is, you will do more damage with weapons using Zalure than Shifta. This is more TP/time intensive, but good to know. If you are able to debuff a creature, you probably should...

psst...AND it tags for XP

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

nooblet
Jan 13, 2007, 08:32 PM
I carry 3 wands with me, 2 of which are on my pallet. 1 is for resta and reverser and the other is for shifta and a debuff spell. The 3rd wand in my inventory is just in case I need it for techs.

Tita
Jan 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
On 2007-01-13 17:19, SolomonGrundy wrote:
*excellent post*

psst...AND it tags for XP

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

that it does http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

doing a lot of MD S atm, so this is what my pallet looks like for it (also waiting on cards):

gun(card)/dagger (ice/light...)
gun(card)/wand (foie/shifta or zalure)
gun(card)/wand (barta/jellen)
gun(card)/wand (diga/resta)
gun(card)/wand (reverser/resta)
[wild card slot] bow/twin daggers/dagger/wand/etc

most of my guns have ice bullets, one with fire.

and have one or two other wands in my inventory for back up (saves on photon charges, yay)

i know i'll have to customize my pallet for every mission, which for me is a lot of fun. i like tinkering with combinations.

also, as a WT, it's not wise to try and level up more than a handful of attack techs/buffs. keep it simple. i made the mistake of being a little too click-buy-spam happy with techs that have since been gathering dust...