PDA

View Full Version : Irrelevant

geewj
Jan 12, 2007, 11:51 PM
I don't expect understanding or input, regardless I'd rather post this. This is a rant.

All my life I have wanted something from someone. Something free. Something unconditional. Something I could put my trust in. Something to grow from. A platform I could use to build myself upon.

When a person is born they are given this. Regardless of upbringing, they are given an enviroment. Rich, poor, hungry, full, happy, sad. All of these upbringings have one thing in common. They are real. And while some might be in a better position than others to build from this, all are at least given the oportunity to learn from thier surroundings, and to use thier capabilities to change thier enviroment in whatever way they see fit.

They are given fair odds in this, in the sense that what they are given is real and are able to continue from there. Every man for himself. And while some may bind together to form strength in numbers, these groups are still seperated by individual perceptions and ideals. No man can be outnumbered in this. One reality to every individual, and one individual to every reality.

It is my opinion that no greater crime can be commited against an individual than the perversion of these principals. And if a man is ever put in such a position where he finds his reality must first conflict with the combined reality of an overwhelming mass then the one available option to him to to reject both realities. He cannot hope to obtain a reality for himself in a world controlled by the singular will of an entire civization.

The individual now has no place to build that has not been perverted by this combined will. They have no place to set their view that does not reflect the overbearing reality of the many. They have no place to go. No independent thoughts and actions. Nothing of their own. They have been robbed of the one thing they were ever convinced to be thiers and thiers alone, and as a result must either live in this prison or escape to a place where even less is promised.

Siertes
Jan 13, 2007, 01:30 AM
If I were a more intelligent person, perhaps I could understand all of that better but I still feel the need to respond to it. Hope this makes sense.

The main point you seem focused on in your post is the reality of each individual which is something I can identify with. How I perceive the world is the only thing I feel is my own. I feel any thoughts I think have been thought before and everything I do has been done before, but no one ever has nor ever will see the world from my perspective. That fact creates the box in which my reality can be placed, with pieces added here and there throughout my life.

The fact remains, however, that it is a box and it is limiting. Also, I am not the only one who can add to this reality. Many aspects of our lives are uncontrollable yet still find a way into the box. Where is the freedom?

In my opinion, nothing about "reality" is fair. I feel this "combined will" or reality of the masses is just as much a victim of this unfairness as the individual. It's as if God, nature, what-have-you reached a hand into a pool of possibility and pulled out only a handful. This handful is the only thing we are allowed to experience. In a way, I suppose my "Handful" and the "Combined Will" you speak of could be the exact same thing. Both attempt to limit the realities of the individual and that's basically what I am trying to get at with this response.

Summary: Our realities are unfair because we have too little control over them...UGH!! The thoughts are in my head but I'm not sure how to say them. I've just been throwing them down as they came but I'm not making any sense. I'd really like to understand your post, assuming there is something there to understand.

Maridia
Jan 13, 2007, 07:21 AM
We love you, Frink. I think you turned out alright. More than alright.

assuming that might've been about you

Nai_Calus
Jan 13, 2007, 07:30 AM
Assuming I'm reading the right meaning from that, I agree with you.

The meaning I'm getting is that society as a whole these days has become so homogenized and singular that any deviation from the 'norm' is seen as some horrible abomination to be put down and that individuality is something that is no longer encouraged or nurtured, instead we're expected to conform to the mass reality instead of our own individual reality. We're supposed to be part of a unified whole and forced by that whole to conform or die. We're not allowed to be our individual selves, we're forced to become part of the group.

Or I could be reading you completely wrong. But that's what I get and what I think so meh. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

geewj
Jan 13, 2007, 07:37 AM
It's meant to be taken however you want to get anything out of it. I already did what I wanted with it.

Siertes, while I could go back and forth with you on this till it's crystal clear, I think disecting it defeats the purpose. The same result can be reached by stacking disjointed thoughts like this on top of eachother to get an idea of where someone is comming from. But I don't figure it will ever reach that point here in the rants forum. Just take what you want and leave what you dont.

Skorpius
Jan 13, 2007, 08:30 AM
Just go with the flow, man.

geewj
Jan 13, 2007, 10:06 AM
When the flow is being an ass I preffer an attempt at independant thought.

Maybe the flow can try going with me for a while, and seeing how it likes it. I wont even be an ass about it.

Daikarin
Jan 13, 2007, 10:21 AM
http://www.aber.ac.uk/media/Modules/MC10220/Images/red_or_blue.jpg

But seriously, you're right. I've often felt like that myself - Being forced to accept their perceptions and putting mine on the 'Irrelevant' shelf. And it's a huge body of combined reality out there, and every adept of that reality just takes it for granted /certain, treating it as if it were an axiom, logical or not, demonstrated or not.

Even if people do not see the logic behind it, just because it's a combined perception, meaning, just because everyone sees things that way, they find it proper to see it too, becoming slaves of the perceptions of others and ignoring their own.

What is sadder than losing one's self, forgetting the circumstances and principals that your upbringing/environment provided, and blindly following a role model of life, like a devoted religious slave? Perhaps assisting to someone realising this too much to the point of rejecting everything at all. The common, collective reality and your own, individual reality.

Dismissing a collective reality for not agreeing with it, and rejecting an individual reality for seeing it become irrelevant.

It is not irrelevant.

Mankind isn't a hive. But some people that follow those common perceptions just forgot that. I'm not saying that there isn't actually people that can identify with that reality, only a lot of people who never opened their eyes, and ventured to escape that prison, believing something worse is awaiting them. But all that awaits them is freedom of mind. Individuality. A chance to be one's self.

Be strong enough to live as a rebel, and to live as yourself. Living life the way YOU see it, existing in this reality the way YOU want to. Social interacting environments like work, school, college, conferences, even the simple act of riding a bus force us to become one with this collective systematic way of existing.

But even there you can be yourself. And if everyone has the right to foolishly deny this, they will never be able to take that right away from you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2007-01-13 08:31 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
Jan 13, 2007, 12:35 PM
From what I read, you're saying people shouldn't adapt and they should be free spirits.
Natural selection sir, natural selection.

Wheatpenny
Jan 13, 2007, 01:08 PM
What I get from the post is that society does not support individuality.

I say this. Screw normal convention. I refuse to be a puppet of what is "norm".

If I have a view that is different from the rest I will run with it. Society can go whine about it. F**K them.

I was in a situation a couple of months ago where my sense of reality was shatered by the actions of someone whom was my best friend for 10 years. But I had the forsight to look through the shatered looking glass and see the truth that it was covering up. And using this knowledge I have now re-aligned my perception of reality acording to MY views, I no longer try to cover my eyes to things that dis-setle me just because I am affraid of conflict. So needless to say this person was excised from my life and is no longer a part of it due to their actions and no longer are they distorting MY reality. It was MINE when I was born. I built on it over the years and it was I who re-built it when it was broken by the aforementioned individual.And it will be I who holds my newfound values and perceptions true reguardless of any person who was not blessed with the ability to see things for everything they are, and the potentials within.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 13, 2007, 05:36 PM
I'd like to think everyone was born on this Earth to accomplish at least one purpose or duty assigned in advance; some people seem to be lucky and get to accomplish quite a few noteworthy things.

You might accomplish this thing, good or bad, within your first few years of eating, pooping, and sleeping.

Or it might be in your cards to fulfill your life's duty somewhere near old age.

I'm not really a religious person, it just seems like some kind of farce if life is nothing more than eating, pooping, sleeping, and interacting(or not interacting) with other eaters-poopers-sleepers. "Growing as a person from year to year" seems to only apply to learning, or becoming more of a helping hand to your fellow man; but doesn't growing also work in the opposite direction as well? Some people grow worse over time, becoming more of a thorn in society's rosebush, only to be replaced by another thorn soon enough.

Who can explain why someone up and dies one day at any age, in a freak accident or peacefully in their sleep. Its a tragedy and news worthy if its someone at a very young age, but if it was not otherwise able to be prevented by human hands, then perhaps that was simply the designated plan and not just an immediate thought process proclamation of "That's terrible, they had soo much more life yet to live."

Well there's more to talk about here, but if I'm not rolling this converstion in its designated direction I won't try to push this baby further from its intended target or from acceptable conversation.

I'm thinking of key words being "manslaughter" another being something I heard a minute ago "why does only one side get the bombs?"

^
Before responding to that last part fellow posters read this below:
V

So, NO I do not want those words to be answered or quoted to continue down a death, destruction, political ambition/explanation, Weapons of mass etc., thread path. It was just some key words floating around in my head at this time, and earlier at lunch when I had some time to sit and take this thread in to generate a response to be written here now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-01-13 14:38 ]</font>

Firocket1690
Jan 13, 2007, 11:42 PM
ehhh, fuck that modern society shit.

had this been 30 some years back, I'd be smokin' up mother nature, and worshipping Dark Side of the Moon like it's gospel.

Well. Yeah. Let life live itself.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 16, 2007, 02:28 PM
You may be subjected to circumstances of life, but your mind is your own, there you rule. It is only your actions that are hindered, not your thoughts.

Fleur-de-Lis
Jan 16, 2007, 04:12 PM
Your post in many ways reflects my thoughts on identity and self-responsibility over the past few years, geewj, if I have not totally misunderstood it. I'd love to discuss it at length but sadly don't have the time as yet...

The internet needs more of this.