PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal and expected to be constantly interrupted mid-s

KodiaX987
Jan 13, 2007, 11:17 PM
'Cause if it is, tell me right away - I'll just stop trying to socialize altogether.

xxTrystanxx
Jan 14, 2007, 09:44 AM
Generally, yeah it is. It's become more prevalent to be "waiting to speak" rather than actually listening.

ABDUR101
Jan 14, 2007, 01:25 PM
Heh, yeah I usually get cut-off while trying to talk to someone. Usually on the fifth time of being cut-into, I just walk away from the conversation like the person never existed. I figure if they're going to ignore that sounds are coming out of my mouth and to wait their turn, I'll just ignore that I was even talking to someone.

petruseden
Jan 14, 2007, 05:56 PM
About the third time somone cuts me off in a sentence i usally let them speak, but dont even bother to listen. Then after they get to the point where the want me to respond im like "huh? what? were we having a conversation?" .. but Im slowly being turned into a bitter little jerk by people around me .. so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Kent
Jan 14, 2007, 10:10 PM
Well, some people listen, some don't. If someone interrupts the other person while they're speaking, it's usually one of these reasons:

You're being an idiot.
They're being an idiot.
You're talking in circles.
They think they have a better point to make than you.

Odds are, though, it's one of the first two, the second of which, being most common.

Dre_o
Jan 14, 2007, 11:58 PM
I personally use my overwhelming.......geeze, what's the word I'm looking for.... my overwhelming personality to insure that no one interrupts me.

Not to mention I don't talk (very much) unless I have something very important and to the point to say.

T0m
Jan 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
Has anyone noticed that people who interrupt others, also repeat a question or remark, each time you take even a second to consider an answer? They're so used to constantly hearing people talk, that they'll assume you didn't hear, or understand what they said.
I concur with the others, after the third time, or so, I just stop trying, and focus on other things. More often than not, in those cases, I can be sure that the "conversation" unfolds exactly the same with, or without, my input.

Scrub
Jan 15, 2007, 03:58 PM
What I hate is when people interrupt me, assuming what I am going to say, only to not hear the second part of my sentence which usually turns the whole fucking meaning of the thing around.

This happens more times than I'd care for it to. More often than not, at least 2 or 3 times every fucking conversation with someone.