View Full Version : PM Question

TWesker
Jan 15, 2007, 05:21 PM
Can sombady explain to me what does what in the status of the pm

i mean what does every status do for you if you level them

thanx

Mattardo
Jan 16, 2007, 08:15 AM
The higher the stat, the more proficient you will be at synthesizing that type of weapon: your percent rate will increase and the chances of failure will decrease. Of course, that doesn't mean you won't get a severely handicapped PM like mine, that fails 1 star striking weapons with a Striking level of 80. But seriously, it's supposed to help. They tell me. Deadpan...

Sephlock
Jan 16, 2007, 08:26 AM
XD. Sounds like someone has luck comparable to mine. I feel for you man. Really. *snicker*.

Also, don't the levels also determine what they become higher levels (in terms of the form they take and how they can help you in combat)?

I read that once you reach a ridiculous, astronomical level (80) they gain the ability to fight alongside you.

Oniix
Jan 16, 2007, 09:21 AM
Try this pm simulator http://www.inconsequentialexistence.com/psu/

TWesker
Jan 16, 2007, 04:33 PM
wow!! that simulator is something
and tell me is there any difference the PM models
in both combat and synthesis

Mattardo
Jan 18, 2007, 06:41 AM
Different models do different things in battle. My PM is officially Battle Level 100 this morning. She took her test of womanhood and passed surprisingly. She is now no longer a droid. She is... well, battle level 100....

imfanboy
Jan 18, 2007, 06:54 AM
410: Uses swords and twin sabers. Behaves as a bodyguard: Only attacks enemies if they're close to you. Extremely high damage output, perfect for rangers and forces. Pure Striking PMs (for synthing melee weapons) become 410s.

420: Uses single claws and twin daggers. Acts on her own: seeks out enemies to attack. Superior for forces, particularly fortetechers who have extended Resta range. Note that it has a Dark single claw (presumably the 8*, since that comes in the store with 35% dark).

430: Uses rifles and single handguns with ice element (21+). Attacks only what you attack. Pretty lame at this point IMHO for combat. The main reason people have 430s is because a 430 is a pure Range PM, and because a pure 430 is the second-cheapest PM to raise up to 100 and doesn't require endless recreation of chump characters.

440: Uses shotguns and dual handguns with lightning element. Seeks out enemies on her own, but sticks fairly close to you. Well-suited to hunters, particularly wartechers, because shock is a very nice Status effect and both of her weapons spread it well. A pure 440 is an armor PM. Cheapest PM to raise pure because all you have to do is feed it cast parts and 1* armor stripped from the backs of innumerable CASTS - don't feed it regular clothes, those don't give as much as CAST parts.

450: Uses healing technics, jellen, and attack technics. She was broken, but now she's fixed. Will stick fairly close to you, but does aggressively seek and destroy enemies as well. Topnotch for hunters because of the healing. Most expensive to raise pure - a pure 450 is all TECHNIC, which is raised by feeding her 1* disks and dimates.

However, you don't have to raise a PM pure of course - my 450 has 44 Striking and 36 Technic. And don't take my word on what PMs are perfect with what classes as gospel - Several people swear by their 450s on their FO characters because it means they don't have to heal, and if you're a hunter a 410 is perfectly good right by your side in the middle of the melee.

panzer_unit
Jan 18, 2007, 09:25 AM
Maybe it's just because mine's a noob, but my 420 spends most of each mission hugging my leg while I shoot a bow. At least she's staying out of trouble.