PDA

View Full Version : this has been bugging me for a while...

Pinecone
Jan 16, 2007, 12:13 AM
whats up with the ~nyo ~nya thingy its so confusing :/

please explain

Siertes
Jan 16, 2007, 12:15 AM
Oh god...Don't get me started on those things. One of the more annoying things to come out of Japan.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 16, 2007, 12:16 AM
nyaaa! nyaa!~

Nyo~n is from an anime, forgot which one x.x Suzumiya Haruhi?~

>.....>

MayLee
Jan 16, 2007, 12:19 AM
You should ask Kirp instead of making a thread

Nya is like saying Meow.

Maridia
Jan 16, 2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah. It's a retarded cutesey cat bullshit thing. It was okay and cute in some animes but when I see someone type "nyo" at the end of every sentence in a message board, I seriously want to bang my head on my computer desk.

Cutesy girls make me want to vomit. Seriously.

attention whores

Umberger
Jan 16, 2007, 12:21 AM
~nyo is a signature of the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain...duh.

rena-ko
Jan 16, 2007, 12:23 AM
;3 ~nya?

Skuda
Jan 16, 2007, 12:28 AM
I had this huge response ready, then the thread got moved and I lost it.

pretty much what I was going to say is that the people who use nya and nyo constantly are people who have no personality and copy some crapass catgirl from some crapass cookiecutter anime to look "cool".

well guess what? It's annoying >_>

*ahem*

Arislan
Jan 16, 2007, 09:33 AM
And to think I actually *liked* Digi-charat. But that's for Party Night as much as anything else. Panyo Panyo was funny too, but the English dub was *easily* the worst thing I've heard from an anime dubbing house in a decade or so.

You won't hear me saying nyo at the end of every sentence though. Or nyuu, or nya. Annoys the crap out of me as much as any other sentence ender, and sounds horrible when appended to an English sentence. English localizations aren't much better... I don't want to hear either "dattebayo" or "Believe it!". Yes, Naruto, I'm looking at you.