PDA

View Full Version : Help with my human?

Frost_X
Jan 16, 2007, 01:10 AM
Hello everyone! I just registered a few moments ago and just started on PSU a week ago, so please keep the flames to a minimum out of mercy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I have what I suppose is a n00b question, but I figured that this would be one of the better places to ask.

After looking through tons of information and finding info that beasts are racially (and statistically) inclined toward hunters and fortefighters, casts are to rangers, and so on, I also saw that humans are racially inclined toward Guntecher, Wartecher, and Fighgunner (oh, and Protranser). However, as we know statistically, they don't lean any particular way.

I was basically wondering, what is arguably the best class for a human? I know it's always up for debate, and that each class/race combo can be great in the hands of a great player, but I want to try to maximize my first PSU character as best I can. Can anyone give me advice? I'd appreciate any anyone can give me. =]

Thank you in advance!

Ether
Jan 16, 2007, 01:16 AM
Wartecher and Guntecher

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 16, 2007, 01:08 PM
as far as I know, humans perform equally good in all of the classes. but if you want something that another race isn't better than a human at, then I would agree w/ Ether about WT or GT.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 16, 2007, 02:21 PM
Humans have second best EVP, TAP, and MST

They have second worst HP/ATA/ATP/DFP...

So there are two classes they might excel at:

Wartecher, which makes full use of all the stats they excel at.
There is also Guntecher, which is a decent fit.

ProTranser can be done as well, but is a difficult class, especially early, and I would argue is a really tough first class

Kent
Jan 16, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-01-15 22:10, Frost_X wrote:
I also saw that humans are racially inclined toward Guntecher, Wartecher, and Fighgunner (oh, and Protranser). However, as we know statistically, they don't lean any particular way.

Thus, the whole being statistically inclined toward hybrid types thing.

The point of existance of Humans, is that they can do multiple things well, instead of specializing. Thus, why they get bonuses for being the non-Forte types, and also thus why they are best-suited to said hybrid types (as opposed to being Forte-types).

MaximusLight
Jan 16, 2007, 07:40 PM
Yea human do well at any of the "mixed" types but because they have decent tecknique power and physical stats they work best with a techer type, (I prefer being a fightgunner myself though so that will work more than fine too, don't know anthing on protraser though)

OdinTyler
Jan 17, 2007, 11:55 AM
For your Human, make sure to invest in some good Hunter & Force abilities. The great thing about them is that theyre versatile. A lil bit of the abilities out there make you a good all around char. My main's a human female & shes great. Its all in what you teach them...

Frost_X
Jan 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
Hey everyone! Thank you for the advice! I narrowed it down to Guntecher and Wartecher, and finally went with Guntecher for the time being. I've really enjoyed the gunplay so far, and I'm looking forward to trying the GT class tonight with the techs since I finally got it last night.

Thanks again for everyone's input. I think Wartecher will be a great class if Guntecher doesn't work out, or I may just dabble in both!