PDA

View Full Version : Wow @ early sranks

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 02:40 AM
<link removed>

So I can basically get any Srank board I want now if I knew the right people? WTF @ this! I honestly can't believe hundreds of Psycho Wands will probably be distributed throughout PSU months before they even drop.

Damn, hackers won. I honestly can't see this game recovering from this. Only a wipe would cure it's woes, and a wipe would turn it into PSU into a ghost town, a whole 3 MONTHS after it came out!

I'm just in awe, hackers have just totally owned an online game. Phantasy Star can't buy a break http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja on 2007-01-16 00:35 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2007-01-16 06:52 ]</font>

SolRiver
Jan 16, 2007, 02:45 AM
PSO never turned into a ghost town even with all the hacks, no different here.

Umberger
Jan 16, 2007, 02:45 AM
Is this on 360 too? I doubt it is, but still...I think PC/PS2 is pretty much almost beyond saving with the whole hacking situation. Also, if you don't want to get early S-Ranks...then don't buy/ask for them. So what if other people have them, it's not going to ruin your gaming experience.

Now we will slowly see the exact same thing that happened with PSO...

"Don't go on Universe X, that's the hacker universe, go to the legit place. Legit legit legit hacker hacker hacker blah blah blah."

/me is glad to be on 360.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add...what would a wipe do? It'd make everyone who earned their stuff lose it, then the hackers would just re-dupe/create their stuff, and the PS2/PC economy would be back where it was, except the "legits" would be at lower levels with less stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-01-15 23:46 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 16, 2007, 02:46 AM
info please...Links, sources, names...

Van-Stolin
Jan 16, 2007, 02:46 AM
You are kidding me, you have already seen people with S rank equipment when it hasn't even been unlocked yet? Great, this is just great. Sega should just do a roll back to a earlier date. At least a couple of weeks ago.

Sure it would piss some people off, but it isn't anything grinding the levels back can't cure, the only problem is that we would lose money and equipment that we had, but I think its worth it really.

I don't want to see people walking around with that sort of stuff when it can't be gotten legitly. I at least want to have it out before the hackers start messing with it. I could careless at that point because I could get it as well with a little hard work, but they just spit on the game and take what they want.

It really is so sad that they have no kind of patience what so ever and do this crap. It kills the game, no one wants to play when everyone has everything they could ever possibly get.

No one wants End game material when its only been 3 months since it came out.

Umberger
Jan 16, 2007, 02:47 AM
Van, when you talk about lower levels meaning not being able to equip those S-Ranks...do you by any chance remember God/Equip?

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean restore a backup from an earlier date. Well then that means the hackers would go recreate their hacked weapon boards, and everyone else will have lost their progress. No sort of wipe will cure the hacking issue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-01-15 23:49 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 16, 2007, 02:49 AM
On 2007-01-15 23:46, Van-Stolin wrote:
No one wants End game material when its only been 3 months since it came out.

i do XD

Van-Stolin
Jan 16, 2007, 02:52 AM
I never mentioned that. I just said a roll back would make us lose levels, but at least we could get those back. If Sega fixed the problem with how they got the weapons and armor unlocked and useable, then there wouldn't be a problem, just lost levels, money and weapons.

All of which can be earned back with a effort.

Looks like I am quitting if it goes as far as FSOD again, I just don't have the time for that kind of crap.

360 here I come, at least when I can actually get one.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 16, 2007, 02:57 AM
It cant be helped. Sega is still a little clueless as to how to work their own programs >.>

Carbinne
Jan 16, 2007, 03:03 AM
It would be nice if some of those hackers arranged some kind of fancy event thing to give those things out at, like a relay race or bruce's competition. Something like that. If they did that, it would actually make what they're doing more interesting (and Sega probably will be more likely to ban them for not only breaking their defenses but making their own 'events' while they're at it, har har)!

RubyEclipse
Jan 16, 2007, 03:03 AM
This probably belongs in the cheaters forum.

Personally Deja, I don't think you should let the rumors/pics phase you. Even if the worst case scenario does happen to be true, don't let it affect your way of playing or thinking.

PSU is about playing online with friends from around the world, and having fun doing it. You can avoid the hackers, hacks, h4x0r4m4 in general and the like by simply swapping universes - it's not all about the items. SolRiver's point about Dreamcast versions is also good. Things only got bad when the hacking was able to harm player's characters - see NOL on Dreamcast and Sega's unfortunate destruction of the GC playerbase with their double save patch. Currently, there is no hack in existance that can actually harm the verbatim character that anyone plays on in PSU, and this is the difference.

Hackers have not "won" any battle, and users are always encouraged to submit confirmed instances of cheating directly to Sega at the following link: http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

If anything, the only victory the hackers have here is getting the very attention they were after from the start.

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 03:04 AM
On 2007-01-15 23:57, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
It cant be helped. Sega is still a little clueless as to how to work their own programs >.>A little?

On 2007-01-16 00:03, RubyEclipse wrote:
Currently, there is no hack in existance that can actually harm the verbatim character that anyone plays on in PSU, and this is the difference. I beg to differ, Ruby. The ability for the hackers/script kiddies to invade a user's room, remove their room decor, and forcibly Zero their PM is nearly tantamount to NOLing - I'd rather lose my hours of work leveling then some of my beloved room decorations, not to mention the cost of reraising pure PMs (well, other than Armor, lawl). Yes, your "character" is safe, but most of what make your character who they are is vulnerable.

It's getting very, very depressing.

Edit: Removed second post, condensed it into one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-01-16 00:14 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 03:16 AM
On 2007-01-15 23:40, Deja wrote:
So I can basically get any Srank board I want now if I knew the right people? WTF @ this! I honestly can't believe hundreds of Psycho Wands will probably be distributed throughout PSU months before they even drop.

Damn, hackers won. I honestly can't see this game recovering from this. Only a wipe would cure it's woes, and a wipe would turn it into PSU into a ghost town, a whole 3 MONTHS after it came out!

I'm just in awe, hackers have just totally owned an online game. Phantasy Star can't buy a break http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

No. Hackers didn't own this game. Script kiddies did the damage. A real hacker wouldn't have even bothered in the first place given the weakness of gameguard.

On a side note isn't the Crea Double's obtainable in game already? If so then that would be an S rank obtainable online legitly.

I'm honestly getting sick of all the "OMFG hax on PC." threads that keep popping up. Mods should just make a generic report sticky or something. Almost every one of these type of threads blows the problem completely out of porportion and can probably be attributed for atleast half the population decline on the PC/PS2 servers. It's old news. You should have known it would happen in the first place, so why act suprised about it now?

I seriously doubt anyone is pulling locked content into the game. It was easy to do on PSO because the data was all stored on the client side and the servers for PSO were really nothing more than a networked equivilent of a LAN lobby. Doing so on PSU network mode would require actually manipulating server data. Mostly due to the fact the data itself is stored server side in regards to your character, and the fact they'd most likely have to disable a flag on the item stored in the server.

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 03:24 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:04, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-01-15 23:57, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
It cant be helped. Sega is still a little clueless as to how to work their own programs >.>A little?

On 2007-01-16 00:03, RubyEclipse wrote:
Currently, there is no hack in existance that can actually harm the verbatim character that anyone plays on in PSU, and this is the difference. I beg to differ, Ruby. The ability for the hackers/script kiddies to invade a user's room, remove their room decor, and forcibly Zero their PM is nearly tantamount to NOLing - I'd rather lose my hours of work leveling then some of my beloved room decorations, not to mention the cost of reraising pure PMs (well, other than Armor, lawl). Yes, your "character" is safe, but most of what make your character who they are is vulnerable.

It's getting very, very depressing.

Edit: Removed second post, condensed it into one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-01-16 00:14 ]</font>

To my knowledge, they were only able to do this by manipulating the glitch that placed players in the wrong room with owner controls in the first place. For the most part I think Sega fixed the hole that let them manipulate that glitch since I've not heard anything about PM bombings for some time. Though it also sounds like the original glitch hasn't been fixed so people could still end up in another room on accident.

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 03:29 AM
There is a site of a guy selling 12* rares, and remedy actually saw him. He's named Ryuk. Remedy sniffed out the bluff when he met him (I saw a topic on it).

He's now selling like every srank ever, even Psycho Wand. In a few days I wouldn't doubt it if like 50% of games you join, there will be hacked weapons. Makes it just like PSO, where "legits" go here and "hackers" go here, and all rooms will be locked in fear of srank whoring and FSOD, and joining an open game would be stupid/pointless.

Sucks...majorly

MayLee
Jan 16, 2007, 03:29 AM
It's the end of the world. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PaladinRPG
Jan 16, 2007, 03:34 AM
I haven't seen or heard of unobtainable S ranks being in use yet... the only thing I know of is S rank item (Crea Double, etc) board duping (which in itself is very isolated).

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 03:37 AM
Check my first post for bad news. It is just one guy, but his friends will insist on having boards, he'll give in and then dozens of sranks will be ALL over the place, and soon after duping these sranks, every immature hacker/PSU player will get one.

RubyEclipse
Jan 16, 2007, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Crea Doubles were already out legitimately, can anyone confirm/deny this?

I beg to differ, Ruby. The ability for the hackers/script kiddies to invade a user's room, remove their room decor, and forcibly Zero their PM is nearly tantamount to NOLing...
I understand your point, but I think the ability to actually damage the character you play on is far more hurtful than having to rebuild a PM or losing a few christmas trees.

I say this having had my PM Zero'd and my room hit, just as I know you have. Even so, I do not believe this in any way outweighs losing your entire character. I'd much rather lose a little than lose it all.

It's also important for us to remember that it's not all about the items - a point I think should still be understood and not brushed aside while debating others. Until the day arrives when script kiddies can bypass GG and magically vaporize your friend on the other side of the monitor, there will always exist a core element of the Phantasy Star Online series that has truly tied the series together and made our experiences worthwhile.

No no, not rares, silly. Friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 16, 2007, 03:42 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:41, RubyEclipse wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Crea Doubles were already out legitimately, can anyone confirm/deny this?

Indeed it is. Obtainable in Linear Line S~

Merumeru
Jan 16, 2007, 03:48 AM
XD o wow, how messed up...guess having nerds stalk me on 360 would have been a better choice than playing on a server where everyone in my party is going to be doing over 9000(XD) damage a hit and wiping everything out before i can even spam 1 PA...eh guess ill see how bad it gets before i consider a switch XP

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 03:49 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:29, Deja wrote:
There is a site of a guy selling 12* rares, and remedy actually saw him. He's named Ryuk. Remedy sniffed out the bluff when he met him (I saw a topic on it).

He's now selling like every srank ever, even Psycho Wand. In a few days I wouldn't doubt it if like 50% of games you join, there will be hacked weapons. Makes it just like PSO, where "legits" go here and "hackers" go here, and all rooms will be locked in fear of srank whoring and FSOD, and joining an open game would be stupid/pointless.

Sucks...majorly

I played PSO from Day 1 of the DC V.1 release in the US. Always did open games. Never had a problem with FSOD, NOL, BSOD, and all that garbage. Very rarely did someone join with hacked uber weapons. I've encountered numerous people in PSO with the same experiences. Your concept of how big this script kiddie community is online and how widespread their actions are is blown out of porportion.

On a side note: Why not obtain the player ID and report this person. Make sure to attach that url to the report to sega. I'm sure they'd like to talk with the person thats trying to profit by selling sega's intellectual property... >.>

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 03:54 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:49, BloodDragoon wrote:
On a side note: Why not obtain the player ID and report this person. Make sure to attach that url to the report to sega. I'm sure they'd like to talk with the person thats trying to profit by selling sega's intellectual property... >.>Already done by dozens of people at last count. It doesn't do anything that I've seen - it's been over a month since my report of my room being hacked and I STILL haven't received a single word from Sega regarding it. =/

Whatever. My hope is almost gone. The spark I've had for so long is dying, and Ruby's right - at this point, I think the only thing I am playing for is my friends anymore... that, and my great attachment to the little FOnewearl who's been my friend for six years now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 03:56 AM
BloodDragoon, you just don't get it, the weapons are out there and being sold as we speak. People are actually paying $20 for 12* weapons, just to HAVE them. He's made tons and tons of them, and no doubt is giving them out to friends. He has probably not shared his secrets with other hackers, but no doubt his secret will slip out. The damage is happening now, and will be seen in maybe 3-4 days. Yeah, i can play with friends in mind and stuff, but joining ANY game and meeting new people is fun too. I can't do that on PS2, since that new person has a high chance of having hacked shit, or soon may even be able to FSOD me. It's PSO all over again, and that SURE ain't worth 10 bucks a month. Hell when the 99 million meseta hack spread, it wasn't worth 10 bucks a month. NOW THIS?! Obsurd.

Krans
Jan 16, 2007, 03:56 AM
ummm can anyone confirm what platform this is on? If it's on 360, this is a sad day

Merumeru
Jan 16, 2007, 03:59 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:54, Remedy wrote:
at this point, I think the only thing I am playing for is my friends anymore... that, and my great attachment to the little FOnewearl who's been my friend for six years now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

XD i think i shed a little tear

but yah, its the same for me, they can take my meseta, bomb my pm, rob my condo XP but ill always have the Guardians who were there saving the universe with me, and my Merumeru ;-; -sob- XD damn online personas...

Dj_SkyEpic
On 2007-01-16 00:54, Remedy wrote:
I think the only thing I am playing for is my friends anymore...
Same with me. Even though I've been a long time PSO gamer, what strives me to play this game more and more is to be with my friends. If I didnt have friends to party with and grind places alot I wouldn't really play this game as much as I do =X!

Edit: I hate this --> http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
>.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-01-16 01:02 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
What they should do is instead of just banning people for cheating they should modify the ToS so the offender is charged a ridiculously high fine for breeching the ToS in that manner...>.> How long you think these script kiddies would be around if their parent's credit card was charged a few hundred dollars for violating a service agreement?

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:01 AM
Yea same here, I have a few friends on PSU that I played with on PSO, and leaving them for Xbox360/dumping the game altogether would suck.

But still, just once I'd like to enjoy a good game of Phantasy Star with no worrying about being hacked, seeing hacks, seeing cheats, etc. This game just...can't seem to shake that hacker problem.

Itsuki
Jan 16, 2007, 04:02 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:59, BloodDragoon wrote:
What they should do is instead of just banning people for cheating they should modify the ToS so the offender is charged a ridiculously high fine for breeching the ToS in that manner...>.> How long you think these script kiddies would be around if their parent's credit card was charged a few hundred dollars for violating a service agreement?

I don't think you can do that with a TOS. But they can blanket search for weapons that are not available. Its not out of their power to just ban every account that has these weapons on them.

But that won't really fix anything as hes can probably make an account and make more before, then sell them for real money worth more than hes put into his account.

Krans
Jan 16, 2007, 04:03 AM
CONFIRM PLATFORM PLEASE

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 04:05 AM
And y'know, the worst part about this? Ever since I found out that the Psycho Wand was back in PSU, I swore that I wouldn't quit until the day that the fourth generation Remedy held one in her hands, just like her DC, XBox, and BB sisters did. Now... it doesn't even seem worth it anymore. The weapon that meant so much... the greatest piece of recurring lore in the Phantasy Star mythos... it's being sold by some script kiddie for 20 dollars. That's what infuriates me the most. Something so precious and so grand deserves far better. It deserves to be hunted for, deserves a fortitude of steel and a dash of insanity (this is where FOnewearls go to Towers at level 100 and solo Ult Gibbles), not a credit card number and a Paypal account.

I always imagined Cura taking a Psycho board from me, me giving her the materials, and spending an agonizing twenty-four hours, praying to Nurvus and Mother Brain and any other influential PS/PSO character that it would turn out alright... then seeing the joy on Cura's face as she hands me my precious Psycho. I never imagined seeing it for sale on some website like some old woman's attic rubbish. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

drizzle
Jan 16, 2007, 04:07 AM
Does anyone have any screenshots? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I mean, real screenshots, that don't show an empty palette while still holding a weapon in your hands. I have the sneaky suspicion that these weapons disappear as soon as you move servers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 16, 2007, 04:07 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:02, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I don't think you can do that with a TOS. But they can blanket search for weapons that are not available. Its not out of their power to just ban every account that has these weapons on them.

But that won't really fix anything as hes can probably make an account and make more before, then sell them for real money worth more than hes put into his account.

True. They could just do that and if they felt nice, they would just delete the weapons.~

Carbinne
Jan 16, 2007, 04:10 AM
Well, better they hack the items than hack your character. As painful as it is to lose a PM or decorations, losing your character or your items or hell, your account to a hacker would be utterly painful.

Though yeah, if the S ranks go flying everywhere it will really cheapen the rush of finding/making one. There's no excitement in "omg I got this rare weapon to synth hooray" or "woot check out my cool new weapon" when everyone is already dual weilding them.

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:11 AM
Check my first post for weapons.

And it is confirmed to be on PS2/PC.

And I hear you Remedy. Yes, half of PS online games are friends, and how fun it is to grind with them, but that is the MMO part of this game. It is a still an RPG, and some of us like to earn what we get in RPGs. We ENJOY spending 20 hours (even up to...well 100 hours) soloing onma S for that har/quick, or soloing LL S for that crea double.

Put some 12 year old is now selling them for $20. Just...what's the point of grinding to level my guntecher's bullets now? I just don't see the point in playing the RPG part, I may just log on now here and there to chat, cause right now to me it is no more than a chatroom.

drizzle
Jan 16, 2007, 04:14 AM
I've seen the pics in your first post. Look closer. Does anything look suspicious to you?

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:16 AM
No, they don't. Remedy has already confirmed he has a hacked 10* saber. Many have confirmed he has hacked 11*'s. He had CLEAR CUT pics of new weapons I've never seen.

It's real, don't use this "Photoshop" excuse. I'm looking closer, and seeing a man named Ryuk ruin my game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Krans
Jan 16, 2007, 04:16 AM
I understand Deja, and im relieved its not confirmed for 360 yet. I sympathize with PS2/PC users because i know how the game gets when its hacked, hopefully at least one platform stays legit.

PaladinRPG
Jan 16, 2007, 04:19 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:37, Deja wrote:
Check my first post for bad news. It is just one guy, but his friends will insist on having boards, he'll give in and then dozens of sranks will be ALL over the place, and soon after duping these sranks, every immature hacker/PSU player will get one.

Oogh... he's got a WEBSITE selling this stuff?! ARG! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 04:19 AM
Hell, I was going to join a party with him and see the thing in action, but something prevented me from inviting him to my party. Bugger if I know what, but the saber had the equipped symbol next to it when I inspected it in his gear.

Here. You don't believe me? Believe my photographs. They're my word in this, and that's all I have - my word and my knowledge.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/Flamora/PSU/CrimsonStats1.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/Flamora/PSU/CrimsonStats2.jpg

If those aren't good enough for you, then nothing will convince you, I don't think.

Jae
Jan 16, 2007, 04:20 AM
Wow that's a shame. Seeing this really puts a dent in my motivation to continue playing this game.

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:22 AM
Lol I remember the topic with you Remedy, about you calling his bluff and saying "WTF is a weapon not released in Japan doing on here". Then he said it is Deragan S drop, then he said it was real.

As SOON as you pointed him out to be a hacker, he went nuts, don't you think? He must have said "F it, I've been found out, time to go for it" and is now selling everything for money.

-Shimarisu-
Jan 16, 2007, 04:23 AM
Fucking losers, fucking, FUCKING losers.

What the hell happened to these people getting banned?

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:26 AM
Oh, Remedy I didn't mean you started it, not at all. Don't EVER put this kind of blame on yourself, you didn't do shit but the right thing, and that's putting a hacker in his place. Just...unfortunate it came to this.

I hear ya Jae, I have placed around 500+ hours into this game, and was JUST getting into my kickass guntecher. Now I have NO motivation to get that dark crossbow bullet to lvl 21, and its so close at lvl 19. NO motivation.

I'd like to play tomorrow with my 3 luck guntecher, but just see no point. I don't. I will only log on tomorrow to say hi to friends I've played with since PSO, then may join them for one run, get discouraged, and leave. May even see the 12* crossbow I yearn for tomorrow, some fucking hacker bought one for $20 and is showing everyone it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja on 2007-01-16 01:27 ]</font>

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 04:26 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:22, Deja wrote:
Lol I remember the topic with you Remedy, about you calling his bluff and saying "WTF is a weapon not released in Japan doing on here". Then he said it is Deragan S drop, then he said it was real.

As SOON as you pointed him out to be a hacker, he went nuts, don't you think? He must have said "F it, I've been found out, time to go for it" and is now selling everything for money.Yep. Kind've galling that, in the end, I was somewhat the catalyst for this spiraling out of control like it has. That's what make me feel even worse. It's almost as if this is all my fault - I know that's not so, but I can't help but feel responsible. My crusade for truth and the abolishment of misinformation made him snap and do this. =/

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 04:27 AM
On 2007-01-16 00:56, Deja wrote:
BloodDragoon, you just don't get it, the weapons are out there and being sold as we speak. People are actually paying $20 for 12* weapons, just to HAVE them. He's made tons and tons of them, and no doubt is giving them out to friends. He has probably not shared his secrets with other hackers, but no doubt his secret will slip out. The damage is happening now, and will be seen in maybe 3-4 days. Yeah, i can play with friends in mind and stuff, but joining ANY game and meeting new people is fun too. I can't do that on PS2, since that new person has a high chance of having hacked shit, or soon may even be able to FSOD me. It's PSO all over again, and that SURE ain't worth 10 bucks a month. Hell when the 99 million meseta hack spread, it wasn't worth 10 bucks a month. NOW THIS?! Obsurd.

I'm sorry but I still say your grasp on the situation has it blown out of porportion. A majority of people that play any type of game online will consider paying real world currency for a couple bits of data in a game just so they can jack off in front of their monitor as absurdly stupid.

He's made tons of these weapons? Good makes it easier for sega to nail him since they actually can look at character data when they feel like it since its all stored on their server. Sega's more active about this than they were back in PSO. Script kiddies get banned damn near every day, for some reason they feel the need to get a new acct afterward and get banned again eventually. Hence why I said that ban needs to include a ridiculously high fine. Why you ask? Because it seems like the word "fine" immediately following a 3-4 digit dollar amount grabs the attention of people in the US. Regardless of how small it is and how far hidden it is in that giant wall of text called a service agreement.

Join any party and meet new people because theres a very high chance they have hacked items? Sorry but script kiddies had nothing to do with this, You're a prisoner of your own fears and insecurity. Hell I joined random parties and met new people all the time in PSO and rarely encountered this blatent cheating. I still have the 12 VMU's from my DC days and my 4 memory cards from my GC days loaded with characters and items. And like I stated earlier. I was never NOL'ed, FSOD'ed, BSOD'ed, or any of that garbage.

Oh noez someone might be able to FSOD? It would be nothing but a minor annoyance making you reset your PS2. Seriously you wouldn't lose any items from it. I can confirm this because if you could I would have lost ALOT of items by now given the fact I'm logged in idling EVERY time they do server maintenence which would constitute the exact same type of abrupt disconnect.

It would be nice if people would realize someone cheating isn't the end of the world and wont really ruin anything. It only feels that way to you because you let it do that to you.

EphekZ
Jan 16, 2007, 04:30 AM
heh, since I dont usually play with uni 1-15 nubs and just stick to my old friends from over the years it doesnt affect me.

To Remedy; about that odd cura fantasy, I dont get why you cant hunt it anyways? You know yours is legit and that's all that matters. WHO THE FUCK CARES IF SOME OTHER NUB HAS ONE?

who cares if some loser in uni 1 runs around with a 10*, they're going to be released sooner or later anyways, then it wont matter. Just stick to your bussiness, and don't let trivial shit affect you guys.

anyways, that's about all I have to say about this.

Itsuki
On 2007-01-16 01:19, Remedy wrote:
Hell, I was going to join a party with him and see the thing in action, but something prevented me from inviting him to my party. Bugger if I know what, but the saber had the equipped symbol next to it when I inspected it in his gear.

Here. You don't believe me? Believe my photographs. They're my word in this, and that's all I have - my word and my knowledge.

If those aren't good enough for you, then nothing will convince you, I don't think.

Judging by the way PSU handles stuff, you could theoretically make people think you have something equipped without actually having it equipped. Sorta the same thing as swimsuit trick, only actually done with a packet editor or memory editor.

As for the pictures of them equipped with nothing in the palette box. Thats very obviously fakable and probably faked with a memory editor.

I'm one of the people being very skeptical of this actually being true.

BloodDragoon
On 2007-01-16 01:02, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2007-01-16 00:59, BloodDragoon wrote:

Everything you get fined for IRL is essentially like violating a ToS with something or someone. So really what would be the difference?

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 04:34 AM
It's the fact that the accomplishment is cheapened, Dark. What pride is there in owning a Psycho Wand if anyone can acquire one for the right price? Beyond that, why even BOTHER hunting and synthing one if, in the time it takes to hunt one, you could earn vastly more than the cost of one at your job? That's why it bothers me so. Fortechers with Psychos, Fortefighters with Bil de Axes, Figunners with their 12* Double Sabers... Those are people that should be looked up to, and for good reason - they've earned something dramatically rare through hard work and perseverance... but now, all it means is they spent 20 bucks on someone's website.

You see where I'm coming from, surely?

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:36 AM
darkgunner, I went through this on PSO, the whole "If you found it, it's legit, who cares?!" But then you are called a cheater by new people you meet, and are scared to use it in fear of being called one.

Basically my one true problem with this game is the $10 a month price tag. This game is getting screwed royally, and yet I don't see any huge changes. I wanna see them rollback the server, but they won't. I wanna see them release a huge bar at the top of the screen saying "IF you are caught with hacks/dupes, you will be reported and may face lawsuits" but they won't.

I haven't seen shit being down for 3 months, and if I'm paying money I want a clean game. Some of us like the RPG part of the game, earning and showing off the uber rares. Well...most of us do, cause why else would we be playing? If we were playing just for friends, then that's what AOL is for.

drizzle
Jan 16, 2007, 04:38 AM
These panic threads are funny ;P

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:41 AM
drizzle...lol I like you in that you are just so freelanced about this all happening. PSU to me has just seemed like one big panic for the last few months, and I'm leaving...I mean I have to. I'm the one that likes to earn what I find, and I like the rewards of earning it, congrats from friends, and the joy of watching them use it when I let them borrow it for a week as I level another Photon Art.

ONE BIG PANIC...AHHHHHHHH!!!! EVERYONE RUN! Seriously though I hope this "Ryuk" character gets one fat lawsuit. I'd give Sega major ups for that. Chances of that happening? Let's just say it won't.

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 04:45 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:34, Remedy wrote:
It's the fact that the accomplishment is cheapened, Dark. What pride is there in owning a Psycho Wand if anyone can acquire one for the right price? Beyond that, why even BOTHER hunting and synthing one if, in the time it takes to hunt one, you could earn vastly more than the cost of one at your job? That's why it bothers me so. Fortechers with Psychos, Fortefighters with Bil de Axes, Figunners with their 12* Double Sabers... Those are people that should be looked up to, and for good reason - they've earned something dramatically rare through hard work and perseverance... but now, all it means is they spent 20 bucks on someone's website.

You see where I'm coming from, surely?

It took me a VERY long time but I did manage to personally find, collect, and catalog every rare item released for PSO ep 1&2 plus on my GC. Didn't matter if people cheated to get them. It was still an accomplishment to me because I knew every one of those items was legitemately picked up. If YOU find the board and get it synthed legitemately how does this person doing this cheapen it? So what if script kiddies run around with ones they bought from ebay or some other site? It should be satisfying to you regardless of this when you DO find that board drop and that synthesis succeeds. But alas it seems alot of gamers nowadays have lost the sense of accomplishment gained from doing something the right way. I blame Game Genie for starting all this nonsense back in the days of the NES...

Caradoc
Jan 16, 2007, 04:49 AM
I agree, and feel bad for the ps2/pc version people.

The people that are saying "Don't let it effect your gameplay" are lucky if that's how they can play, and have fun.

But the fact is... it's effecting every single players gameplay, unless you ONLY use whatever you find on the ground, that includes monomates/dimates/ and even up to kerselines or vulcs.

If you've ever bought a single item from a player shop, you've been effected by the script kiddies.

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:50 AM
Damn, every rare? You own dude, seriously. I found a good plenty, but no 12 stars and very few 11 stars. I thought I played a ton too and experienced many good drops, but nope lol

But I went through this on PSO, and I'm not going to go through it again. Yeah, it feels great to see that Red Sword with uber hit% drop, and collecting tons of cool items for your HUcast, and yes I enjoyed it all on PSO. With PSU, I was hoping for something different, not just this "collect all for myself". I was hoping for a nice economy where I could trade my legit rares for others, and find a couple super rares and enjoy them with my friends (through sharing).

I can't now, the game is dead to me.

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 04:50 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:30, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Judging by the way PSU handles stuff, you could theoretically make people think you have something equipped without actually having it equipped. Sorta the same thing as swimsuit trick, only actually done with a packet editor or memory editor.

As for the pictures of them equipped with nothing in the palette box. Thats very obviously fakable and probably faked with a memory editor.

Same here and theres a reason for it.

I did have a couple instances in PSO where someone joined a game and tried to cheatcode in an item that was regestered as locked by the server. It would result in them being booted from the game by the server and a system message being displayed. I believe it was something along the lines of "Xplayer was removed for possesion of an illegal item." I don't see any reason why Sega wouldn't leave this in game given the way they locked so much content away from the start in network mode.

EphekZ
Jan 16, 2007, 04:52 AM
cheapened? omg someone else has one!? But I digress, I do see where you're coming from and frankly.... I think it's bull. Perhaps because I really dont care about other people and their equips or accomplishments but it still shouldnt affect you. you seem to be fine with just buying a Pwand anyways, so just go do it and dont hunt it. Since you just stated it's the smarter thing to do.

Deja, fear? FROM AN ONLINE COMMUNITY! you will be forever shamed! if some nub wants to think that then so be it. no use getting your panties in a knot over some other person from an online game that you will probably never talk to again affect how you think.

edit: ultimatly though, I dont think anyone cares about how "ruined" the game is to you. if you want to quit then so be it. it wont affect most of us.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2007-01-16 01:55 ]</font>

Deja
Jan 16, 2007, 04:55 AM
Some of you guys attitudes, I admire. Sticking through this shit, even when it is confirmed, takes some guts. Because honestly, you are paying $10 with this stuff going on, and not a single mainstream sign of Sega doing something. I'd like to see something in bright lights, something happening. Maybe a number of people banned. But we get nothing, but updates and more hacks.

Eeyore
Jan 16, 2007, 04:57 AM

Isn't there two people in that party? There's two arrows on the map. It could be that the person that took the pictures isn't the same as the one with the weapons equipped.

EphekZ
Jan 16, 2007, 04:57 AM
I pay 10 dollars to play with my friends and have fun. and to get away from shit in RL. I'm not like you, deja, who lets trivial shit in a game affect me.

drizzle
Jan 16, 2007, 05:03 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:57, Eeyore wroteIsn't there two people in that party? There's two arrows on the map. It could be that the person that took the pictures isn't the same as the one with the weapons equipped.

Now, why would he let someone else take the screenshots? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Itsuki
On 2007-01-16 01:55, Deja wrote:
Some of you guys attitudes, I admire. Sticking through this shit, even when it is confirmed, takes some guts. Because honestly, you are paying $10 with this stuff going on, and not a single mainstream sign of Sega doing something. I'd like to see something in bright lights, something happening. Maybe a number of people banned. But we get nothing, but updates and more hacks.

When it comes down to it, knowing about the duped items doesn't really effect the average player. Any duper stupid enough to be caught using them in a public game is going to be pretty easily banned. When it comes down to it, the hackers know they can't do anything too extreme or they'll be banned. And when it comes down to it, other than inflation of goods, theres no real effect on the average player.

Deja
LOL ok darkgunner, seems I hit a bad chord. It's FAR from trivial shit. I pay for service, and I see no service. I see the update part of the service, yes, but not the lawful part. I heard about Mods ingame like 3 months ago in Parum, now I have yet to see one, nor HEAR about one. I see the economy ruined, the sranks being poured out, and I have no real hope that Sega will do anything. I mean, there track record SCREAMS this.

You pay your $10, cause in a few months you may be one of few who will. Even that friend you think will never leave, will think like me and say "F this I'm gone". It's fun to play a stable MMO, it's even more fun to play a stable MMORPG. The safe RPG side is a nice little addition http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Jan 16, 2007, 05:08 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:57, Eeyore wrote:

Isn't there two people in that party? There's two arrows on the map. It could be that the person that took the pictures isn't the same as the one with the weapons equipped.

All the easier to spoof it. Probably be fairly easy to play with the packets so that other see them as using something completely different. You do realize that alot of this stuff is handled by the client and that the server just relays stuff like that between players, right?

Also, notice how the person never has the items in their actual inventory and only in the storages? Anyone that's played PSO should know the meaning of that. Even if the person did hack up the items, they most likely can't even use them, let alone distribute them.

I honestly won't believe that something like this is happening til either they fall into my hands or the hands of someone else that I trust. It'd rather easy to spoof such stuff like this.

Remedy
Jan 16, 2007, 05:10 AM
On 2007-01-16 02:03, Itsuki-chan wrote:
And when it comes down to it, other than inflation of goods, theres no real effect on the average player.Right, because having hundreds of thousands of meseta in PM food wasted by your PM being forcibly Zeroed and having room decorations that took hours and hours of hunting or decor that was a precious gift from a great friend stolen is "no real effect". Roger.

Caradoc
Jan 16, 2007, 05:12 AM
On 2007-01-16 01:57, darkgunner wrote:
I pay 10 dollars to play with my friends and have fun. and to get away from shit in RL. I'm not like you, deja, who lets trivial shit in a game affect me.

Make sure you're saddled in good, the fall from the high horse is never pleasant.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 16, 2007, 05:15 AM
So much negativity and angst in this thread. Enough to make up a new album of crappy Emo-rock songs. -_-; At least no one is forceing you or tricking you into eating dog shit, or beating the crap out of you in Gitmo Bay prison.

I can see the points being made. I do understand how some here feel.
Yeah it really sucks, ok you made your point. No need to dwell on it.

Play in teams with your friends, avoid the ghetto areas in Uni 1 or 2. Dont let the other crap bother you, it's not worth stressing over, its a videogame.

Take a small break and take a deep breath and relax.....damn.

Skuda
Jan 16, 2007, 05:15 AM
It's sad really...

People should not be making cash of off some data they stole.

>_>

Caradoc
Jan 16, 2007, 05:23 AM
On 2007-01-16 02:15, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Enough to make up a new album of crappy Emo-rock songs. -_-;

I think we have at least a chorus of an emo song in your sig http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 05:26 AM
On 2007-01-16 02:15, Skuda wrote:
It's sad really...

People should not be making cash of off some data they stole.

>_>

The more I look at the images linked on that URL the more I'm thinking this person is trying to scam cash. Dunno, something just seems... off in those pictures...

Soukosa
Jan 16, 2007, 05:51 AM
On 2007-01-16 02:26, BloodDragoon wrote:
The more I look at the images linked on that URL the more I'm thinking this person is trying to scam cash. Dunno, something just seems... off in those pictures...

Kinda like how the person that supposedly made them isn't taking the picture themselves? Obviously now, if they made them why would they need someone to take them? Oh maybe the fact that it's easy to spoof what weapon you're using so that others see something completely different. Alot of online games will this. Even RO did to an extent and almost everything was checked and handled by the server.

What saddens me the most here is that long time PSO players think that ST would actually allow hacked unreleased items onto the server. Any of those people should know that the server didn't check the bank for such items but the instant you took it out, instant temp ban from the server. Those who got the S ranks first probably remember such an incident involving that.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 16, 2007, 05:53 AM
cardoc.. like so many that dont *know* me. You assume much.

My sig is figurative/metaphorical and spiritual mini-poem. In no way does it imply any agnst. In-my-view darkness and the shadows are wonderful things that make me feel joy. So if it makes me feel happy then how the fuck is it "Emo"? lol.

I think you may be confusing something meant to be along the lines of "gothic eccleticism" with stupid Emo shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-01-16 02:56 ]</font>

Ether
Jan 16, 2007, 05:56 AM
On 2007-01-16 02:51, Sounomi wrote:
What saddens me the most here is that long time PSO players think that ST would actually allow hacked unreleased items onto the server. Any of those people should know that the server didn't check the bank for such items but the instant you took it out, instant temp ban from the server. Those who got the S ranks first probably remember such an incident involving that.

What saddens me is that Sega didnt do that. I've played with Ryuk, I've seen the weapons, and they're real

Neith
Jan 16, 2007, 06:37 AM
PSO had a hell of a lot worse than this, and still lived for 5-6 years. If you're an uber-legit, I guess this could be a problem, but I really wouldn't worry about it.

Caradoc
Jan 16, 2007, 06:55 AM
On 2007-01-16 02:53, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
cardoc.. like so many that dont *know* me. You assume much.

My sig is figurative/metaphorical and spiritual mini-poem. In no way does it imply any agnst. In-my-view darkness and the shadows are wonderful things that make me feel joy. So if it makes me feel happy then how the fuck is it "Emo"? lol.

I think you may be confusing something meant to be along the lines of "gothic eccleticism" with stupid Emo shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-01-16 02:56 ]</font>

was just a joke brotha

Koe
Jan 16, 2007, 07:11 AM

I can confirm the first part..
One day when I logged on, I saw I only had my shoes equipped, but my shirt and pants were still showing. I stored the shirt and pants, and had a free 2 inventory spaces. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Then I got tired of the look, and bought new clothes. ._.

Ether
Jan 16, 2007, 07:16 AM
I am posting these for the doubters who think this is not happening. The weapons are totally real, can be dropped, traded, equiped, everything. The server can't tell

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2803/psychowanduq6.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9307/psychowand2ta2.jpg

Honestly pyscho wand is pretty lame looking, the "claws" don't move around anymore. Theres also no special effect when casting like Halarod

Maridia
Jan 16, 2007, 07:28 AM
Alright, I've read this whole thread without really thinking about it for myself, and now it's time to do so.

You know, while it does make me a little angry inside that this is happening in the first place, I can still say that I'll be logging in later and playing like it didn't happen. Really, I don't party with strangers enough (or at all, really) to see the damn things. And if I do? "Lolz how much did that cost you?"

Who cares? The only thing *I*'m worried about is a rollback now. I'd die if they rolled me back. I just finally made a bunch of money and upgraded my equipment. I'd never make it back. I'd NEVER find that duo neu walna and onmagoug auge in the same s rank run. I swear to god, if ST rolls back, I'm quitting. Fuck that.

It'll be okay, guys. Somehow. Yeah, it sucks that people are gonna cheapen the value a bit but really, it only DOES matter to YOU if you got it legitly. Love your legit versions, display them proudly, like a badge of honor. And if someone accuses you, you should just calmly reply that they obviously don't know you at all, and if they did, they'd know that was a ridiculous accusation.

When bad shit happens, that's when we see the quitters. You can tell a lot about a person by how they handle bad situations. If you want to flee, you're welcome to it. Really, who can blame you? But unless they rollback the servers, I'm staying, and continuing my fun in my own way. Who wants a silly old psycho wand anyway? XD I just want my daggers of serafi and I'm set.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 16, 2007, 07:36 AM
I think it's absurd people will pay real money for them. The game cost 50 bucks, the online fee, then you're going to pay 20 bucks for an S rank weapon? Hell no. They charge 6 bucks for 99999999 meseta, you can get that just selling something "rare" in your room. I find it ridiculous anyone would play for them. If you choose to, good for you, I don't care. Now if they cost in game meseta, or were being given for free, hell why not try and get one.

THE JACKEL

Gojin
Jan 16, 2007, 07:46 AM
So basically all the people whinning are the ones that wanted to get the item just so they can brag about it and say they're better than everyone else, lol, and some of you people wonder why you got your PMs bombed, my pm didnt get bombed, maybe its cause I dont brag on here or somthin *shrugs*

PJ
Jan 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
On ths strange note, I agree with Mel. My friend when he logs on my account, he may play with random parties, but I just don't. I don't CARE to play with random people.

I play on Universe 15 for the sole purpose of hopefully seeing familiar PSOW faces (Like Dre O, who I saw a few nights ago), otherwise, I only play with Gaz, Q, Kyle, Double S [Whenever HE's on and not doing anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif] and when my friends get online hopefully this week. So really? This hurts me how?

Although, I DID plan on making my shop in an alt's character room, just for that precaution, then my friend made the shop while on my account, so one time when I make a SPLORGE amount of money, I'll just close/reopen shop on my Cast or something.

Gigorman
Jan 16, 2007, 07:52 AM
On 2007-01-16 04:46, Gojin wrote:
So basically all the people whinning are the ones that wanted to get the item just so they can brag about it and say they're better than everyone else, lol, and some of you people wonder why you got your PMs bombed, my pm didnt get bombed, maybe its cause I dont brag on here or somthin *shrugs*

I came to the same conclusion...

AC9breaker
Jan 16, 2007, 08:35 AM
Wow, almost at page 7. So, whats going on in this thread guys?

Vhex
Jan 16, 2007, 08:37 AM
Awesome. I want these.

I for one like it. I hate how Sega keeps us in suspense and makes us waste money on weak items so we have to work hard getting the 1* improvements each patch. Thats justa gimmick to keep up sales. As far as I'm concerned, hackers are great. I'm benifiting from the new economy, and if this is true I can get my hands on awesome equiptment before the Japanese do.

Keep it up hackers.

Chris28
Jan 16, 2007, 08:47 AM
if anyone wants to pay 12-20ish dollars for one small item in PSU, they're an idiot and a low life. Pay more money for one item than i'm paying to play this monthly? you have to be joking me. SUCK IT HAXORS!!!

Vhex
Jan 16, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-01-16 05:47, Sinow wrote:
if anyone wants to pay 12-20ish dollars for one small item in PSU, they're an idiot and a low life. Pay more money for one item than i'm paying to play this monthly? you have to be joking me. SUCK IT HAXORS!!!

No, I mean, I'll buy them in-game.

Ether
Jan 16, 2007, 09:02 AM
On 2007-01-16 05:37, Vhex wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, hackers are great. I'm benifiting from the new economy, and if this is true I can get my hands on awesome equiptment before the Japanese do.

Keep it up hackers.

Disgusting

Guess what, the best weapons in the game are already out. They're called high % A ranks. But no one seems to realize this and is content to run around with shitty 10% stuff because they think grinding is more important and element is just to make your weapons match your outfit. All the cheats in the world can't make you fools good players

Hotashi
Jan 16, 2007, 09:13 AM
I'm mildly impressed.

Mewn
Jan 16, 2007, 09:19 AM
People with illegit weapons only affect the game and your experience insofar as you let them. PM Bombing is obviously different, but to be fair, with the messed up economy on PC/PS2, it's not hard to get the money to raise a PM back. Kinda counter-productive on the part of the hackers there.

If this sort of thing really bothers you I suggest you quit now, I hate to be a doomsayer but this will likely get worse before it gets better.

isahn80
Jan 16, 2007, 09:20 AM
So, you want proof S ranks exist? While I don't hack and never will, I took these screenshots because I wanted to know just what these S-rank weapons were all about.

Why did I do this?

The simple answer: ignorant people piss me off. Yes these hax are actually occuring, and I highly doubt ST is doing shit to stop it. Also, as an unintended benefit, the stats can go toward creating a more complete item information database than even the japanese have.

Psycho Wand: 12* Rod (that is usable by any race BTW):
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/psycho.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/psycho1.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/psycho2.jpg

Hyper Viper and Viper, 10* handgun and dual handguns:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/twinviper1.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/twinviper2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/viper2.jpg

Two-Headed Ragnus, 10* Twin Saber
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/ragnus.jpg

Grand Cross, 11* Twin Saber
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/grandcross.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/grandcross-1.jpg

Tyrant Spada, 12* Twin Saber
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/tyrant.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/wtf5.jpg

Huge Cutter, 10* 2-handed sword (no pic)
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/cutter.jpg

Kan Yu, 11* 2-handed sword
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/kanyu.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/forgot.jpg

De Ragan Slayer, 12* 2-handed sword (no pic)
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/deraganslayer.jpg

Shide-Misaki, 12* Twin Claws (they also cause paralysis status roughly 50% of the time)
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/shide1.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/shide2.jpg

Crimson, 10* Saber:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/crimson1.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/crimson2.jpg

Blackheart, 11* Saber:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/blackheart.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/blackheart1.jpg

Apocalypse, 12* Saber:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/apocalypse.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/wtf6.jpg

Gizaha-Zashi, 10* Twin Daggers
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/gizaha.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/gizaha2.jpg

Togeha-Zashi, 11* Twin Daggers
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/togeha.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/togeha3.jpg

Tamagiri-Zashi, 12* Twin Daggers (no pic)
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/tamagiri.jpg

Deva-Zashi, 10* Dagger
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/deva.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/wtf3.jpg

Shiraha-Zashi, 11* Dagger
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/shiraha.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/shiraha2.jpg

Halp Serafi, 12*(?) Dagger
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/halp.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/halp2.jpg

Report me all you want. I didn't hack, use these weapons and I never will. I don't have hacked weapons or any duped items (outside of some haxeta I made in my store), so go nuts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-01-16 07:35 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Jan 16, 2007, 09:22 AM
Time to get my Weapons out, time to kick some hacker butt, I'm rdy anyone want to join? We'll kill them with our legit stuff XD

Hotashi
Jan 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
I'd hit that all like an angry god.

Zarbolord
Jan 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
Still, time to kick butt

Hotashi
Jan 16, 2007, 09:32 AM
I'll sit back and wait for the Vipers and Blackbulls and Gur Hanabi's to spill out onto the market. But, now they must post pictures of the guns.

Zarbolord
Jan 16, 2007, 09:34 AM
So dude if they're legit, where the hell do you find them? whats the % from which enemy, come on! spit out the truth, ur hacking!

isahn80
Jan 16, 2007, 09:36 AM
I never said they were legit, slapnuts. The hacker that creates these actually has a bit of skill (believe it or not) and hands them out to friends. I happen to be a "friend of a friend" so to speak.

In other words, I get to witness the awesomeness of these weapons without being able to use them myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-01-16 06:38 ]</font>

Hotashi
Jan 16, 2007, 09:38 AM
On 2007-01-16 06:34, Zarbolord wrote:
So dude if they're legit, where the hell do you find them? whats the % from which enemy, come on! spit out the truth, ur hacking!

They are real. ~_~

Ether
Jan 16, 2007, 09:45 AM
Ok heres a non descriptive way of how it works

Hacker creates a board out of thin air. This I would assume, is the hard part.

Hacker gives board to PM, and synths the weapon. This is why the weapons have random and not game breaking percents, because they still have to be synthed just like a "real" one. They also take a day to synth, so its not easy to crank them out in massive quantities

Zarbolord
Jan 16, 2007, 09:57 AM
FALCON PUNCH *hackers fly away*

drizzle
Jan 16, 2007, 09:59 AM
mmm shineys. Well, we all knew it was going to happen, and a PS game without hackers everywhere wouldn't be a PS game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

isahn80
Jan 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-01-16 06:59, drizzle wrote:
mmm shineys. Well, we all knew it was going to happen, and a PS game without hackers everywhere wouldn't be a PS game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Word.

Seriously, this is ST we're talking about. I honestly was expecting no less, and if you weren't then it was unfortunately wishful thinking.

Vhex
Jan 16, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-01-16 06:02, Ether wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, hackers are great. I'm benifiting from the new economy, and if this is true I can get my hands on awesome equiptment before the Japanese do.

Keep it up hackers.

Disgusting

Guess what, the best weapons in the game are already out. They're called high % A ranks. But no one seems to realize this and is content to run around with shitty 10% stuff because they think grinding is more important and element is just to make your weapons match your outfit. All the cheats in the world can't make you fools good players

You are forgetting about high % S ranks yes?

Cav
Jan 16, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-01-16 11:54, Vhex wrote:

Keep it up hackers.

Disgusting

I had a friend from ffxi, whenever a low level player asked for gil he would respond "HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA- HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH- AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHAHH- AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA- HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA"

I think it still applies here.

Mod edit: I divided the insane laughter in a few smaller parts, because it stretched the page considerably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2007-01-16 12:50 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 16, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-01-16 12:36, Cav wrote:

Keep it up hackers.

Disgusting

I had a friend from ffxi, whenever a low level player asked for gil he would respond "HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA- HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH- AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAAHAHH- AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA- HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA"

I think it still applies here.

Mod edit: I divided the insane laughter in a few smaller parts, because it stretched the page considerably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2007-01-16 12:50 ]</font>

My response on that game was usually. "Go outside and ask the Orcs or Goblins. I'm sure they'll give you some."

Ledin
Jan 16, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-01-16 01:05, Remedy wrote:
And y'know, the worst part about this? Ever since I found out that the Psycho Wand was back in PSU, I swore that I wouldn't quit until the day that the fourth generation Remedy held one in her hands, just like her DC, XBox, and BB sisters did. Now... it doesn't even seem worth it anymore. The weapon that meant so much... the greatest piece of recurring lore in the Phantasy Star mythos... it's being sold by some script kiddie for 20 dollars. That's what infuriates me the most. Something so precious and so grand deserves far better. It deserves to be hunted for, deserves a fortitude of steel and a dash of insanity (this is where FOnewearls go to Towers at level 100 and solo Ult Gibbles), not a credit card number and a Paypal account.

I always imagined Cura taking a Psycho board from me, me giving her the materials, and spending an agonizing twenty-four hours, praying to Nurvus and Mother Brain and any other influential PS/PSO character that it would turn out alright... then seeing the joy on Cura's face as she hands me my precious Psycho. I never imagined seeing it for sale on some website like some old woman's attic rubbish. :cry:
For me it was the C-Sorcerer's Cane. I got that in every single version of PSO (even Episode 3) -- never traded. I wanted to spend days farming so I could experience that feeling of accomplishment when the sought after item finally comes to hand, just like you said.

It's no different from PSO. Every other force had a Psycho Wand, and probably not even 1% of them actually found it themselves. That doesn't keep you from hunting one legitimately though. Good luck hunting!

Soukosa
Jan 16, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-01-16 13:31, Ledin wrote:
For me it was the C-Sorcerer's Cane. I got that in every single version of PSO (even Episode 3) -- never traded. I wanted to spend days farming so I could experience that feeling of accomplishment when the sought after item finally comes to hand, just like you said.

It's no different from PSO. Every other force had a Psycho Wand, and probably not even 1% of them actually found it themselves. That doesn't keep you from hunting one legitimately though. Good luck hunting!

That is exactly how it is for me too. I'd rather hunt down stuff and make it myself then go out and buy one from someone else, legit or not.

Laranas
Jan 16, 2007, 08:03 PM

Keep it up hackers.

Disgusting

Zomg you can grind high %'s too, you know.

Umberger
Jan 16, 2007, 08:21 PM
heh...Sega shot themselves in the foot with this one. I've discovered how they did it while messing around with a few ideas (mind you, I am a modder, not a hacker...I never do things like this with malicious intent)...anyway, remember how they said all the content was on the disk, but locked away? Well I don't think it takes much of a genius to figure out how things go from there...let's just say Phantasy Star has been and always will be a very easy game to exploit.

Katachi
Jan 16, 2007, 10:29 PM

If you read through all the hacking threads, you'll see how true this is. The people who bought the game and play so they have something to brag about are freaking out because they're not as important anymore. The people who just play to have fun with friends don't care. Someone else having S rank weapons doesn't affect how well you play PSU.

It's identical to the situation with iPods and the other trendy hipster crap. "What's this you say? Oh, it's just my iPod. Yeah, it just came out and only a select elite few people have them. I"M ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE! PAY ATTENTION TO ME! No, I can't be bothered to figure out how it works. But I HAVE one." After the iPod had been out for a couple years, all you heard from them was "ugh, everyone has an iPod now, they're soooo 2004. I'm going to get a Zune a week before it comes out because I'm teh awesome." These people don't care about functionality or acutal usage, they just have to have it for the sake of having it to brag and show off. See any parallels to the item hacking problems? People who don't play with hackers, and don't have an S rank weapon are upset because "OMG SOMEONE HAS SOMETHING I WANT BUT CANT GET!" and people who play to have fun are still having fun because it doesn't affect how they play the game. Yeah the economy's fucked up, and yeah you shouldn't have to pay 40,000 for a FREAKING PHOTON, but all you have to do is an S rank mission, get an 8* item or two, put them in your shop for 4 million, and you're back on top again. My brother's made over 100 million by selling items he's acquired from runs and synthing items using meseta and items he already had. Making stuff is fun, and making a 25%+ element striking weapon is even better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So just pay the damn 10 bucks a month to have fun with friends or go play some f-ing Warcraft.

And yes, you could talk to friends on AIM for free, but NEUDAIZ IS PRETTIER! XD

Ledin
Jan 17, 2007, 03:35 AM
While I can see your point to an extent, it's not quite that simple. Assume you work hard for something, e.g. getting a second job in order to afford a Porsche. You invest months, maybe years, and when you finally achieve your goal, you realize every other person has gotten exactly the same thing via illegitimate means. You might ask yourself why you even bothered working so hard, when everybody else has just been doing eBay frauds or something similar to afford the car.

Phantasy Star Universe is a microcosm, the same principal matters still apply. Nobody on this forum can claim PSU holds no significance to them, else they would not post here. Hacks like this devalue the efforts of all people who chose to dedicate themselves to the game, for whatever reason.

It doesn't matter whether you wanted the fancy car/12* S-Rank weapon to brag or not -- you worked hard for it, you earned it. The other people did not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ledin on 2007-01-17 00:56 ]</font>

dizzygiant2k2
Jan 17, 2007, 04:04 AM
hmmm i still got an account wow this firefox programs nice *cough* anyway yall sure is good at whining -.-

God just play the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dizzygiant2k2 on 2007-01-17 01:07 ]</font>

EJ
Jan 17, 2007, 04:28 AM
On 2007-01-16 04:52, Gigorman wrote:

I came to the same conclusion...

I agree with Gojin, this is ST people and unobtainable weps are to be excepted, since ST seems to care little for security. I never got pm bombed myself seems the only people that did just love bragging or cause too much attention to themselves for no reason to just get notice.

Also those daggers are sexy ;3

dizzygiant2k2
Jan 17, 2007, 04:35 AM
*quote from dragon king*

i couldnt have said it better my self and for most of you that have been pm bombed i prolly knew b4 they even got the pm zero device ready for ur pm and the reason always is that persons an A hole or a friggin show boat with that bieng said SUCK IT xD

imfanboy
Jan 17, 2007, 06:09 AM
I don't particularly care for it for a different reason - they can have the weapons all they want, but I won't play with 'em.

That's what the boot function is for.

The only thing, the real thing, the thing that makes me want to kick the CEO of SEGA OF AMERICA SQUARE IN HIS MOTHERFUCKING BALLS, is that they had an easy and efficient way to reduce, if not entirely remove, cheating - they've got it over on the Japanese servers.

Each game comes with a serial number. Get banned, and you have to buy a new game along with paying 10 more bucks. That could start to add up, and more than a few of these kiddies can probably barely afford the 10 bucks a month, let alone 50 every time they get banned.

Guess what? The Japanese servers are honest, and not just because the Japanese are supposedly more polite - remember, it was a japanese cheater who first came up with how to have more than 100% on a weapon back on PSO GC.

WHY THE FUCK did SOA, in all their mentally defective glory, decide NOT to do this?

Penny Arcade has it right: "They make snuff films. Every game they make these days involves their legendary properties being fucked and murdered. Is that good? Does it need to be quicker? 'Sega makes murder porn.'"

They come SO CLOSE to the bar with each of their games, so close to capturing a fraction of that former glory, that it just... depresses me they always fall short.

PSU is a good game, and I had high hopes for it from all of SOA's previous promises. But without even basic security measures, it's pretty obvious just how much interest SOA had in really keeping those promises.

Hell, I halfway think that they thought just like someone else in this thread did: "Well, there's one version that's going to be cheated on to hell. Might as well make it EASY for them to cheat so they don't try it on any of the platforms we REALLY care about."

Rooroo
Jan 17, 2007, 10:46 AM
They could potentially fix this when they release an expansion by including a serial. Oh and yeah, remove the free-trial thing already. Or make a free trial client that runs on its own tiny dedicated server separate from the rest.

Vhex
Jan 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
Imafanboy, stop ranting. Why don't you take your anger out in a more mature way than saying you want to kick the Sega's CEO who has absolutely no involement in this matter 's 'balls' and bitching about Sonic Team in general? You sound like a spoiled child. SEGA can't be perfect, with the number of devoted hackers out there, it's hard to stop them all, let alone create some impenatrable shield in which you can play in your little Utopia where nothing goes wrong. And if you are talking about the so-called 'former glory' of the company, have you ever played DC/ GC PSO? Former glory my ass, the hacking was worse. The constant patching of Gameguard is evidence theat they are trying, something much different from the other PS titles. File reports to SEGA with proof, and they will look into it, usually resolving the matter within a week. Hackers find new ways to hack so it rather difficult to keep up. The Serial system that Japan has, still would only be able to deter the "script kiddies" (as the PSU legit community calls them), but not the real hackers who can get around such things, the ones that actually impact your gameplay. If you continue to act so childishly however I doubt those in charge of preventing the hacking will even pay you mind. I suggest you get an attitude change or go play in traffic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-17 12:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-01-17 12:07 ]</font>

Miriya
Jan 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
dunno if it's been stated yet or not, but according to the main PSU site, the last update included boards for 9-10* weapons... so.... S rank weapons are in the game legit

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20061222a

Next Update: January 12

Due to the holiday week as well as the New Year, the next major update will hit the Phantasy Star Universe servers on January 12. Since the gap is a bit longer than normal, this release will be considerably larger than previous updates. Take a look at what we have planned for this release!

All new Mission Type available within Moatoob!
Many new clothes types, including the Swimsuit!
Brand new Photon Abilities, Bullet Types, and TECHNICS
Level cap increased to 70!
Chapter 3 of the new and exciting GUARDIAN Missions
Weapon and Synthesis items up to Rank 10!
New room items, decorations, and more!
All of this content makes for one of the most action packed updates yet!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miriya on 2007-01-17 14:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miriya on 2007-01-17 14:21 ]</font>

Calibur
Jan 17, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-01-17 14:16, Miriya wrote:
dunno if it's been stated yet or not, but according to the main PSU site, the last update included boards for 9-10* weapons... so.... S rank weapons are in the game legit

Too bad hes using 12 stars and not 10 kiddo...

besides that was a typo from sega...

Calibur
Jan 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-01-17 15:11, Calibur wrote:

On 2007-01-17 14:16, Miriya wrote:

Too bad hes using 11&12 stars ...

besides the only legit 10 star is the crea double, everything else is not release yet....

Umberger
Jan 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
Halarod is a 10 star weapon (board) that you can get legit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Vhex
Jan 17, 2007, 07:42 PM
The reason the hackers can make S ranks now is because with this recent patch, Sega has made the weapon data available. So know you have another reason to blame them. Lol

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 18, 2007, 07:49 AM
actually the Game Guard update prevented them from making the S rank weapons, though most people getting them through the hackers were getting the Halarod and Crea Double. Either way, it's just a matter of time until they get around it again.

THE JACKEL

watashiwa
Jan 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-01-18 04:49, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Either way, it's just a matter of time until they get around it again.

Only takes a few minutes.. =P

It's sad that they just keep patching Gameguard and not the game itself, though... they've had more than enough time to do a real patch on the game, but yeah, it's obvious that they don't care.. =)

If you play the PC/PS2 versions of the game, you just have to learn to accept hacked items and meseta. It's now a core part of the game.

isahn80
Jan 18, 2007, 07:15 PM
Well, I have some good news for you legit gamers out there.

I just found out from a certain reliable source that something got patched, and now it is impossible to create S-rank boards. Also, I no longer have any S-ranks, and I can't get anyone here hooked up so please stop PM'ing me with these requests.

Jae
Jan 18, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-01-18 16:15, isahn80 wrote:
Also, I no longer have any S-ranks, and I can't get anyone here hooked up so please stop PM'ing me with these requests.

Interesting. Did they disappear from your inventory? Or did you give away the ones you had?

While we probably come from two opposite sides of the PSU fence, I still appreciate your update post. Thanks.

isahn80
Jan 19, 2007, 02:34 AM
Interesting. Did they disappear from your inventory? Or did you give away the ones you had?

Neither. I ditched them in-mission then quit, because I don't feel like getting banned just yet.

That may come later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2007-01-18 23:34 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jan 19, 2007, 03:23 AM
hackers won? ha! i wont accept that you people need to have faith. now i remember everytime i said have faith a update game the next week or a problem was fixed so yeah.........anyway i have seen worse hacks in my life then that.

Arislan
Jan 19, 2007, 09:25 AM
It is to be noted though, Van, that it generally take all of 24 hours for a new workaround to surface. So it's not like Sega really "wins" either.

RubyEclipse
Jan 19, 2007, 09:40 AM
Good news - at least for now - this time around. It seems the latest patches were implemented in a much different style than before, and have (for the moment) put a total halt on the cheating / hacking that was mainstream and abusable by any average Joe. This time it isn't something they can just bypass; to fix it, it'll take much much more than a normal script kiddie can muster.

While I doubt that this will keep PSU safe forever, it's still good to know that GG is finally landing some good hits and doing what they should have been doing all along.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2007-01-19 06:41 ]</font>

imfanboy
Jan 19, 2007, 10:16 PM
Yes, now only if they'd've done it 2 months ago. Or a month ago. <_<

Oh well, it DOES help. And I like anything that helps.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 20, 2007, 02:10 AM
Well it didn't take long... there is a new CE, as to what exactly they can do already... don't know the specifics

THE JACKEL

Jae
Jan 20, 2007, 05:36 AM
That's disappointing to hear. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Almalexia
Jan 20, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-01-15 23:45, SolRiver wrote:
PSO never turned into a ghost town even with all the hacks, no different here.

Not counting private servers.

Go log onto the official US servers now.

It's a desert.