PDA

View Full Version : Setting up the bomb for Bruce's A

panzer_unit
Jan 16, 2007, 10:49 AM
So, I got pulled into a team last night expressly for trap support :] Running Bruce's A with my Protranser as a melee/traps role without a break to fight at range was pretty intimidating but the team said it made a noticable difference.

Last run I was on, I had the following set up:
Silence G - 5 traps handles (some of) every large Vanda group in B1 and a few in B2.
Confuse G - 5 more traps should cover the rest of the big Vanda battles.
Virus G - bears, duh. I could use reloads from my team but plz not before I've actually used any traps lol.

After bears screwed EVERY attempt we made I'm thinking of packing Shock G ... this would be awesome but I don't know if this will stick to the bears, actually, or if it will stick long enough to make them seriously less risky to handle. Has anyone tried this status on 'em?

4 trap types would be all I can handle without wasting time swapping. I still need palette space for Trimate and Sol Atomizer (some of that Force training coming through lol)

I've usually got issues putting all the weapons I need as a PT on my palette. Here it feels like the weapon selection is pretty limited because people rush so hard:
Grenade (unlinked) in B1 for keeping Kogs down
... I'll try replacing it with Bow (Lightning) in B2 for Bears
Sword - whenever I can AOE to save PP for spear
Spear - whenever I need spike damage
Knuckles - Bears* 'n backup for other melee weapons
Bow (Ice) - helps against vandas, good damage rate
Shotgun (Ice) - mostly useful for scattering freeze, a ForteGunner would get way more mileage out of this

*The full Bogga Danga combo is AWESOME against bears, the last move ooooooowns those guys since you can score full hits with the cartwheel and the pounce and every hit spazzes 'em out.

TUSCAN
Jan 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
why aren't you using your laser cannon against the vanda's? this keeps them confused becuase it does aggro like a shotgun so they are always stuck turning to me, then turning to hunter, then turning to me ad infinitum. with attack buff and enemy attack down my lvl 9 ice laser is almost as powerful as my bow, and we all know what a laser can do if you use it proper. I pack regular traps instead of health because I play ranged more than melee. run around and set a reular trap in the path of the enemy, run to the gate and blast away with your bow/laser/launcher. dot traps rule over status and as soon as the gates open you are the first one through, first to the next mob and first to do damage with your traps. stack that virus with poison and you are the damage king. I usually use two lasers with ice, two bows with fire & ice, and two spears or a spear and a saber so I can stagger with rising strike. ice pistol at 27 also freezes the heck out of vanda's so why use silence/shock/confuse? shotgun is nice, but I only have an amza so I don't use it as much. prolly could use my launcher more. Protranser FTW!

panzer_unit
Jan 16, 2007, 04:30 PM
Good idea. I might swap my Thunder Cannon instead of my shotgun. Which fights are are set up so you can get good laser shots right from the start? Mostly I'm burning through knuckles and spears to deal damage as fast as possible to the stuff I'm attacking.

I don't like regular traps, they only hit one thing. I get lag on weapon switches so I'd rather minimize that and count on them hitting 3 things each.

I've got a Shigga Stam +8, pretty good gun.

TUSCAN
Jan 16, 2007, 10:49 PM
basically you have to move into position to use the laser, so always be aware of when there is only one more enemy and just leave it to the rest of the party. take off first and get a head start on laying traps or setting up your laser shots. if you are the first in the room the vanda's won't break up their formation much, if the party all arrives at once thay tend to scatter. you'll want to use it on larger groups, so you can get away with melee weps on small vanda mobs. if you want to get the most out of regular traps, use them in three's, preferably in a triangle pattern. three enemies with DOT for three hundred $$ is good value. G traps are used when you can't afford to miss, like in the last room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TUSCAN on 2007-01-16 19:54 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jan 16, 2007, 11:26 PM
I bet you are eager for perfect freeze from the grenade launcher...heh. That should give the bears time to cook with the DoTs

Wow Protransers are good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-_Tao_-
Jan 16, 2007, 11:38 PM
jusr currious what your times were in the A runs.

AC9breaker
Jan 17, 2007, 05:45 AM
My personal enjoyment is combo G trapping Ice and Virus and the last two boss Bears. I've found Freeze traps to be really helpful here in distracting enemy patterns. I'm using a Dark elemental Hanzo to put the Kog's down faster. At about 400 per Kog Spot and knockdown effect from Tornado Break, Its really helpful. I alternate between fists and shotgun to handle solo enemies like stray Vandas and such. With my Bow I apply burn on the lesser Vil da bears and various vandas while standing on a switch.

panzer_unit
Jan 17, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-01-16 20:26, SolomonGrundy wrote:
I bet you are eager for perfect freeze from the grenade launcher...heh. That should give the bears time to cook with the DoTs

Wow Protransers are good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

We've already got perfect freeze on our Freeze G traps, and they're a lot more accurate than the grenade launchers. I use mine for spamming knockdown and don't want to increase PP cost or reduce ATA.

9B I've got a Soda Accas +5 with dark, but I find the Kog spikes tend to interrupt me before I get a chance to get the third hit out. If someone else can flip the Kog then I can keep it down with Tornado Break pretty cleanly though.

Hmm. Something I just considered was having two Knuckles on the palette. One with Bogga Zuppa for the initial knockdown, then switch to Bogga Danga for a more damaging combo with knockdown if you time it right. That might be a lag-free switch compared to going from Knuckles to Sword.