PDA

View Full Version : how do you find k wood on offline extra mode????

vashspecter
Jan 16, 2007, 06:19 PM
what i notice on the guides is nobody knows where the k wood or kraba wood(sorry i dont spell so well.) can be found.... i'd like this information or any romors about where i can find some on offline extra mode.

vashspecter
Jan 16, 2007, 06:36 PM
damn XD though i could get some info but nobody gives a damn or cares this sucks.....

Dhylec
Jan 16, 2007, 07:35 PM
Do a search in this forum & hopefully you can find the answer.
Not that no one care, it'd because Offline mode is not popular. It's not played by many here. Most of those who play PSU, play online. You ask for a supposedly rare item offline, that makes it even harder to know. Hopefully, you understand, yeah?

vashspecter
Jan 17, 2007, 11:11 AM
oh thank you.... i sould think before i act eh? well i got some leads i could try and do some stuff offline to help others that dont have online or have it but like offline alot. ill try that already lvl 97 offline and i cant pay for online yet.

OdinTyler
Jan 17, 2007, 11:47 AM
You have to do What Is In The Ruins. In one of the last areas of Block 2, there is a small spot with 5 boxes. It ONLY appears there & its ULTRA rare. Its rated a 7 star, but, to me its a 10+. Ive only ever found ONE & I definitely need quite a few. Youre going to have to do ALOT of runs just to find one (as will I), but, this is the ONLY place in the game that has it. We offliners got screwed on this area, so just pray for good fortune.

Btw, I know how you feel. Took me quite awhile to find any decent info on this question & ultimately, managed to get the one. Every now & then Ill continue my search for more. GL.

vashspecter
Jan 17, 2007, 11:51 AM
ty for the info!!!! it will be a snap with a lvl 97-98 char. but which ruins? the hard one or easy one? oh i know you can find some good S-rank daggers in the hive from the delseband things the normal ones.

OdinTyler
Jan 18, 2007, 12:12 PM
Parum relics. Theyre ONLY there. The runs are easy at a high level. The prob is actually finding the drop where I specified. Spending about 10min on a run for ONE spot & it might not drop gets annoying after awhile. Its going to take time. I gotta start doing some more runs to get those woods. Damn drop rate...grrr...

vashspecter
Jan 18, 2007, 11:41 PM
yeah i see what ypou mean and your mood is need suv weapons? i can hlep you with that there 4 missons that have them and i havent seen any droped yet. theres one in the japanese temple where you have to kell the mech and the desert where you have to kill the mech dude there. anthor one is for tunnel infestation, endurm underground and the 2 best i think is the rufus buster and the launcher personaly. the rufus can dish major ass against the 2nd form of seed magish or the hive boss!2nd form i can dish out abot i think 6000 to damn near 12000 damage and then he'll do his metor attack! ok the missons are cargo train, grove of fanatics, endrum underground, and tunnel infestation. theres 5 suv's that in know of. TY for the info ill get it cus i tried the J-sealed sword and did meny runs so yeah ill get it and the best find i did was the red sword and the red slicer all in 1 run after 20 full runs 2 rooms apart so GL for you to oi hope sometime we can find all the good weapons! oh is there an s rank duel guns and cannon? just wondering if you'd know! btw TY for the info.

OdinTyler
Jan 19, 2007, 03:38 PM
I gotta update that. I just need the Rafal & my Cast just cant do it as a Hunter. Been working on my Knuckles PAs & its just too slow. I gotta hurry up & hit 30 on my 2nd PA (1 & 1/2 lvls to go) then its back to Ranger (my default). Then I can sweep the place with rifles & finally get my 5th.

Oh & to me, ppl can call the last boss whatever they want. To me, hes DarkFalz. Period. LOL Its not PS without him!

I believe theres an S cannon in the store. I gotta check. Idk about S for twin handguns of any type. On my Cast, I use rifle, shotgun, & laser cannon for my ranged weps. My other chars have at least 1 type of ranged wep each. I havent tried twin guns of any type or the crossbow yet.

vashspecter
Jan 19, 2007, 04:25 PM
the twin guns are good when there high lvl but suck when there c-rank. and i dont favor the crossbow either. ya i got all 3 kubara woods in like 1 1/2 hours that good now to start to me other kubara products!

10ofDiamonds
Jan 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
Just to dispel this nasty rumour. Karubra wood can be found in ANY boxes in the ruins that normaly drop any type of Par wood. Don't doubt me on his I have physically aquired Karubra wood twice, once with your first incounter with the large 4-leged monster with the boxes located in the back corners and the other from the 5 box room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 10ofDiamonds on 2007-01-19 17:50 ]</font>

vashspecter
Jan 19, 2007, 08:58 PM
well thats true. what would be the point if items were only in 1 room? it would suck and you know it would if this was true. but the relics were the only place i've seen them. so hmmmm. it's like if only the sange was found only in ruins on utl. well how meny would be screwed. but thats the only place and other in the area.

now what about 8*-12* weapons? only found one that was twin daggers that were hel sulfie or something of the sort?

Dante_Fried
Jan 20, 2007, 02:05 PM
Are you asking about finding boards for 8*-12* offline? There aren't many dropped offline... There's Bulletmaster, A Twin Saber (The name escapes me), and if you S Rank the defeat all 150 monsters mission on Moatoob, you get the board for the Svaltus Sword... a Kubara Wood product. If you've fogotten what a Svaltus is... it's the giant statues at the end of the What's in the ruins mission (where you find Kubara Wood). Most high level weapons can be found at the stores.... other than on the Guardians section. I hope this helps (unless you didn't need the help anymore).

vashspecter
Jan 20, 2007, 02:23 PM
yeah thank for the information anyway its ok. we'll we offline ppl have it hard when you can get the good stuff.

OdinTyler
Jan 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I began to figure out that wherever you find Par Wood in the relics, thats where Kubara Wood WOULD drop. You found 3 in 1 & 1/2 hrs? Ugh, I still only found that 1 piece. Ive done idk how many runs in a given day & still dont have anymore. On top of that, that 1 piece is on my main & she still needs more. Right now, I just need at least 3 for my Beast cause hes the one thats going to have a Svaltus Sword. Curse & damn the luck! Any tips on how to get it to resurface easier? LOL

10ofDiamonds
Jan 20, 2007, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure if its fluke, but usaually I had to play a few diffrent missions between Kurubra woods before another one came. I know it sounds a bit off, but the first time I found one I must have done 20 runs without finding another, then I quickly did the two-headed sentinal Mission and in the next 3 runs I found another. Something like that repeated like 2 other times. So...ya, it's just a theory really though.

P.S. I just got my 3 peices, can the Slavantus Edge is SOO EFFING HUGE. Its like 1.5 the length of a hanzo.

vashspecter
Jan 20, 2007, 08:38 PM
damnit worng pass..... but yeah its a good thoery. k wood is easy for me just the really good boards are a problem the bulletmaster is easy also but i want a board for like a thunder cannon thingy......

Dante_Fried
Jan 22, 2007, 06:41 PM
Doesn't the Svaltus Sword look so cool?
I have not yet found a Cannon board in extra mode and I've been playing it for over 100 hours between 4 characters.

Oh and for the Svaltus Sword.... I did grinding on it to 10... I made a topic about it on here a month ago... and if you're wondering how... I got my PM to produce 4 S grinders +4, 1 S grinder +1 and 5 S grinders +5.

OdinTyler
Jan 23, 2007, 11:07 AM
I hate you guys! LOL I did runs for an hour & didnt find a single piece. Maybe the Relics just hate beasts, I dont know. Are you guys in full groups or alone? Ive run it alone or with my PM & still nothing. Ive been collecting plenty of Svaltus Edges (I could S rank that mission half asleep...I am Lv100 afterall!) but with no woods to back me up? Man, I wanna make that sword & some Vahra Claws too!

PSU Characters (Extra Mode):
Lv100 Human Hunter/Force
Lv100 Cast Ranger/Hunter
Lv100 Beast Hunter/Ranger
Lv18 (I think) Newman Force

vashspecter
Jan 23, 2007, 02:08 PM
yeah i only use my pm now. yeah maybe you just have bad luck.... yeah the sword is great but the claws you want are ify though. there attack is not that good. but they sound funny! there huge on my character! yeah the s rank is nothing and i can get like 130000 in like 3 missions maybe more im not sure.

lvl 100 cast ranger/hunter
lvl 3 beast hunter and ranger?
lvl 9 cast hunter
lvl 00 newmen force

Dante_Fried
Jan 23, 2007, 09:28 PM
I guess it's harder for beasts... it took me 6 hours with my beast to find 3 pieces. Oh and the claws can be good if you grind them to 10. Kubara products become much better at higher levels. As for who I use when I find them.... I go alone... not even my PM comes along... There is one good way to tell (it worked for me). If in the room with the 5 fire creatures then the electric creature (room with the four crates in the back) you find one Par Wood and a board for a Gigush, 75% of the time you will find Kubara Wood in the large room with the 5 crates at the back of it. Oh and while we complain about not finding Kubara Wood... the people online complain about having too much Kubara Wood.

OdinTyler
Jan 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah I know. Isnt it funny? Im gonna make them happy when I buy a few pieces from them whenever I DO get online. I refuse to do this searching online. Its just a major pain in the ass! LOL Btw, how many pieces do you need for Vahra Claws? I know I need 3 just for a Svaltus Sword.

Sykoslocos
Feb 7, 2007, 11:28 PM
i really wonder whats behind droprates in this game.

weird thing: went to temple of ice found 2 deathdancer boards just after 1st room. left mission and went back in, got 1 g.... staff board lol, went out and back in found 2 bulletmaster boards and a g...staff board, out/in another 2 deathdancers, then i got 2 deathdancers and a g staff thing board (you can tell im no force lol) so i thought hmmm easy money and easy deathdancers in various attributes. every run took a minute and i got boards every time.
Well now, all of a sudden i started getting photons... photons photons WTF lol...

is it % based? time based? day based? what... im confused lol.

this makes me think its not just a matter of %'s that makes droprates what they are... and with Heavens punisher on pso being time based and the fact that there are lucky days or something if i read it correctly here online it wouldnt be so weird if theres a time based solution behind kubara wood.
if we could crack this somehow it should shed some light in the kubara matter and all other drops
Or maybe it is and i just got lucky or something

Hmmmmmm

(p.s. i think svaltus is the only 3 one, one of them shop kubara boards only took one wood.)

Sykoslocos
Feb 7, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-01-20 11:05, Dante_Fried wrote:
Are you asking about finding boards for 8*-12* offline? There aren't many dropped offline... There's Bulletmaster, A Twin Saber...

Bulletmaster, (the twin saber)Death Dancer, Granarod they 7* and they can all be found in the first 4 boxes of Temple of Ice in neudais http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif im not sure if theyr the only ones (i havent found any other 7* or higher yet) but i bloody well hope not

lol

OdinTyler
Feb 9, 2007, 03:24 PM
Soon Im going to start doing some KW runs again. I decided to just look for them for my beast for his twin claws & the Svaltus Sword Ill have for my cast. Still, that means now 2 chars will be searching for the woods. I hope that will increase my chances. I myself wish I could crack the mystery to it. Why of all items must THIS be the rarest one to get? Ive found 10 star items with not too much difficulty. Its just insane...