PDA

View Full Version : Is it easier to get Monster Body Part Drops if you Cut them

DarkSeph
Jan 17, 2007, 03:44 AM
.....ok, weird subject I guess but hear me out....does anyone know if you have a higher chance of getting monster body part drops if you use a weapon to finish them off versus spells or guns, bows, etc......because I've killed that darn dragon I don't know how many times, at least 100.....and still no De Ragan tail drop.....not that I'm looking for it but I should have seen at least 1 right? And no Deljaban blade drops either.....and I've killed sooooooo many of them in S Rank obviously.... And in general I just don't get body part drops from creatures so does anyone remember when they killed a creature if it was by a slice & dice method or a projectile/spell method?

Thanx

Sephlock
Jan 17, 2007, 03:52 AM
To add insult to injury, he has TWO tails. TWO. That should, realiastically, equate to double the chances of a drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. Also note that people rarely attack the tail (for a variety of reasons).

Then again, I cannot imagine someone salvaging the whole tail, more likely the item in question is actually a piece of the tail or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Maybe a bone containing a prime source of genetic material.

-- to answer your question; I'd imagine not. Welcome to the world of the terminally unlucky --

Edman
Jan 17, 2007, 03:56 AM
Well, I get pannon jellies/zoona muscles/vanda dermas all the time and I use guns.

Theres just really, REALLY low drop rates of the items you mentioned.

Caradoc
Jan 17, 2007, 04:25 AM
This was a rumor a while back that if you attack the tail you have a increased chance of it dropping.

I think that was shot down, but for awhile people were flipping out if you didn't attack the tail hehe.

I always beast, and I attack the tail basically as hard as the head and i get way more hits on the tail anyway, so basically everytime I am there I'm crushing that things tail... anyway I've seen 1 tail drop in 64 levels of gameplay.

rena-ko
Jan 17, 2007, 04:38 AM
seeing as how lazy ST is, i honestly dont think they even thought about implementing something like that.

Skuda
Jan 17, 2007, 05:05 AM
Why would it be anything other than luck of the draw?

The idea of increased drops corresponding to the weapon type used to kill it is rediculous at best.

AC9breaker
Jan 17, 2007, 07:04 AM
I wonder if I'm the only one who lol'd a bit when they read the title of this topic.

Arislan
Jan 17, 2007, 09:33 AM
Actually, for me, it was a http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Gothica
Jan 17, 2007, 11:36 AM
What level drops the tail? <.<

Kelevra
Jan 17, 2007, 12:17 PM
I have about 6 deregan tails from c rank runs using my guns. This is a spin off from a game called Monster Hunter. You could cut off certain parts of dragons to get there parts, for example tails and such. I have never seen a deragans tail come off, but than again i never attack it? I thought we were to shoot it in its face?

PALRAPPYS
Jan 17, 2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

I just find it odd how my brother found 3 De Ragan tails on a day with no luck... I mean, he only went for the tail when he went Beast cuz he can't heal himself. I dunno-- may or may not be true.

Maridia
Jan 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
I both lol'd AND http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif 'd

But yeah, it's kind of an interesting idea but there's no way. It's kind of ridiculous to think ST would even think that far ahead. They're probably still to busy staring at the female character model doing the male butt wiggle dance. *jiggle jiggle*

edit: And another thing. If you get his TAIL, how the hell do you make his HEAD out of it. Shouldn't you find his head? <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2007-01-17 09:34 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
Many of us asked that question a while ago. It's actually kind of funny. In fact, I remember making the same kind of response comment that I'm about to post now.

They should have a sign for the De Ragan head which reads:

"No De Ragan heads were used in the making of this De Ragan head."

AC9breaker
Jan 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
Tail drops on all Ranks. C to S. Also Palrappy, ST is notorious for giving out wierd and retarted luck to people. See Gamcube version, "found Lavis on my first hunt attempt!" or "Episode 3 consistant Dice rolls of 6/6 or 1/1" The only reason why I would lose on Episode 3 was becuase of my shitty dice rolls. I had some leet cards, and even leeter strategies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-01-17 10:17 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 17, 2007, 01:52 PM
True enough. This is just a case of some people are luckier than others. For some, they can see a Rappy and a De Ragan tail as early as a week or two. They might have personally gathered more than 4 by level 38. Another person might not have seen their first captured De Ragan tail, or seen a Rappy and they're level 51 with five ranks of an expert class and multiple ranks of the original 3 classes.

It's all a matter of luck to get started and luck to maintain it. But alas, everyone has their day, sometime. You simply have to be patient. For me, I tend to remind one who feels their luck isn't that great, that there are people as unlucky or worse than you, and not to feel bad. It's just how the luck thing rolls around.

I'm just happy that, in general, it doesn't affect you making progress in this game.