PDA

View Full Version : Best class for each race??

Errorrrr
Jan 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
Can someone make a general list of which class are most suitable for which race?? thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif~~

Nani-chan
Jan 17, 2007, 02:13 PM
I'm a little scared to touch this thread. "Best Race" threads are dangerous grounds around here.

Also several jobs can be played more than one way. Many of us become biased in the races we think are best.

Are you sure "Forum Search" at the top didn't answer your questions? If you still want answers, I'll try my best.

Ranger + Fortegunner
Cast

Hunter + ForteFighter
Beast

Force + Fortetecher
Newman

FiGunner
Probably Beast for highest Atp. I would have choosen Cast or Human a couple months ago, but ata means allot less to me now. (Most figunners I see only carry one twin handgun anyways)

Wartecher
Beast as I'm a melee oriented Wartecher. (I'm sure non melee oriented WT will say human or newman)
If you go Beast get a Alteric(5+) if possible.

Protranser
I'm not sure. (Not Newman)

Guntecher
Not sure, yet not Beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-01-17 11:29 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2007, 02:17 PM
Mensch can be everything so boot them out. Space elves are mages. Beasts are great fighters. And Casts are the gun masters.

Errorrrr
Jan 17, 2007, 02:30 PM
well I am a Human Wartecher atm... reading the wartecher guide left me um... disappointed especially after grinding to lv5 force (dreadful) in a day doing VoC and Del Ragon over and over again... so... I thought at least I will hear some opinions on what's a good class for what race before I start my next character would be wise, so I don't go in blindly and waste effort... >_>

I went for Wartecher because I like red-mage type characters where it can melee and cast spells... but it seems like Wartecher was pretty much geared toward magic as oppose to melee after looking at the stats >_>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 03:31 PM
i think wartecher is just horrible in general. It's a good class in theory, but the way it actually is just isn't any good. Human I would suggest a hybrid, either fighgunner, or guntecher, to be honest. You could go Protranser, but that is a long grind and humans may have a hard time at first, though they'll be great just like cast/beast could be eventually.

my suggestion remains guntecher or fighgunner though

THE JACKEL

Errorrrr
Jan 17, 2007, 03:34 PM
i wonder why Wartecher can't use Rods... it's a strong magic oriented class...

Gamemako
Jan 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
God, people, stick the bloody topic.

The fortes are obvious.

Fighgunner: CAST.
Wartecher: Can be anything.
Protranser: CAST.
Guntecher: Can be anything.

//EDIT: And if you want to know about wartechers, they're not magic-oriented. Magic (sans buffs/heals) comprises maybe 20% of your attacks -- less if you're a beast or CAST wartecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-17 12:38 ]</font>

Seijuu
Jan 17, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-01-17 12:34, Errorrrr wrote:
i wonder why Wartecher can't use Rods... it's a strong magic oriented class...

And that right there is the main reason I think Wartecher got punked.

With a force requirement of 5, they should have access to rods and/or S rank wands. In my opinion anyway.

If it were up to me... which it's not obviously... Wartecher would be what it is now, with A rank Rods, S rank Wands and Bullets to 20 instead of 10.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seijuu on 2007-01-17 12:50 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 04:12 PM
On 2007-01-17 12:36, Gamemako wrote:
God, people, stick the bloody topic.

The fortes are obvious.

Fighgunner: CAST.
Wartecher: Can be anything.
Protranser: CAST.
Guntecher: Can be anything.

completely opinion. Especially for Fighgunner. Cast is not the best race for fighgunner, and I'm tired of hearing that.

Beast should not be a guntecher, but a human, cast, or newman would be fine at it.

THE JACKEL

Para
Jan 17, 2007, 04:24 PM
seriously its true that a wartecher's stats are geared for a caster with backup melee ability. If you only use wartecher for melee and resta/buff/debuff techs... you are literally not taking fulll advantage of the TP power that a wartecher has. Techs like Diga, foie and Dambarta are excellent techs to use as a wartecher.

I play Newman wartecher yes but god... sometimes Im very thankful I got some strong techs to back me up in situations where melee weapons just don't cut it and that I can fight back with some ranged techs. Eg. Take an example at Grove of Fanatics... Really being a melee or ranger can suck ass in there. This is where forces shine and as a wartecher you should take advantage of your capabilities to use techs decently.

As for newman guntecher.. I always wonder if Newman was that good of a race for guntecher... I feel their atp is a bit too little to play a role of firepower. Theyre more of a support class more so. A Human guntecher would be much more desirable imo. Also guntechers have lower TP than wartechers... which makes them somewhat weak at using techs (not to mention the level 10 tech cap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-01-17 13:27 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 17, 2007, 04:24 PM
I think Casts make great ForteFighters. No race bonus, but both the class and race are heavily pro-DFP / anti-EVP making for the biggest bonus and smallest penalty on those stats.

Same deal with any other race as ForteGunners... Beasts can abuse that extra ATP on shotguns and machineguns, Newms can abuse status effects and high-ATP multihit weapons for damage output. They all get a better deal than Casts on defensive stats since fG is EVP-oriented.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 17, 2007, 04:29 PM
Male Beast Figunner
Male Newman Guntecker
Female Human Wartecker
Male/Female Cast Protranser/ForteGunner

Errorrrr
Jan 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
for a human Wartecher, it seems their ATP high enough to actually be a decent melee :/

panzer_unit
Jan 17, 2007, 05:30 PM
There are so many things a character can do to make themselves useful...
PA's always knock mobs around, no matter if it's a M Beast or F Newman doing it.
Guns always have status effects and all gunners get traps too.
Reverser, buffs, debuffs... same no matter what your TP score.
Everyone can try and dodge.

The ONLY place where damage output actually matters to success is Bruce's Dungeon, thanks to the time limit... and even there, not getting killed is still the absolute most important thing.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 17, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-01-17 14:30, panzer_unit wrote:
There are so many things a character can do to make themselves useful...
PA's always knock mobs around, no matter if it's a M Beast or F Newman doing it.
Guns always have status effects and all gunners get traps too.
Reverser, buffs, debuffs... same no matter what your TP score.
Everyone can try and dodge.

The ONLY place where damage output actually matters to success is Bruce's Dungeon, thanks to the time limit... and even there, not getting killed is still the absolute most important thing.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH
This definately the best post I'v heard when it comes to race/type/whatever combo. I totally agree with this.

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2007, 07:18 PM
Human should be fighgunn soley for the fact that you can dub theeself Dante. Then talk trash. You'd fit in perfect.

EphekZ
Jan 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
this game has "favored" classes,what I mean by favored classes is that they get stat boosts, and goes as follows:

Humans-Fihgunner, Wartecher, Protranser, Guntecher
beasts-Fortefighter, Hunter
Casts-Fortegunner. Ranger
Newmans-Force, Guntecher, Wartecher, Fortetecher

edit: http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Types

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2007-01-17 17:15 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Jan 17, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yup They point to mkaing Dante. I will mark my words....

Vhex
Jan 17, 2007, 09:26 PM
Well the Stat Bonuses go:
Human: (WT)Wartecher, GunTecher, FighGunner, PRotranser
Newman: FOrce, WarTecher, GunTecher, forteTecher
CAST: RAnger, forteGunner
Beast: HUnter, forteFighter

My reccomendations however:
HU: Beast
RA: CAST
FO: Newman
fF: Beast/CAST
fG: CAST
fT: Newman
FG: Beast/CAST
WT: Human/Newman
GT: Human/Newman
PR: Human/CAST

Errorrrr
Jan 17, 2007, 09:38 PM
what's f and what's F?? F = forte?? f= figh?

zanotam
Jan 17, 2007, 09:58 PM
I figure this'll be close around page 7 or so.....

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 10:07 PM
On 2007-01-17 18:38, Errorrrr wrote:
what's f and what's F?? F = forte?? f= figh?

it's the other way around, because that would mean by the way he has it, that there is fightecher, which isn't a class, as well as fighfighter, which is redundant lol

THE JACKEL

Gamemako
Jan 17, 2007, 10:14 PM
A small f always means forte (E.G. fG for Fortegunner).

Jackel, I challenge you to make a viable case against my suggestions.

A CAST as protranser is a no-brainer and an absolute. You can argue it, but not without sounding like an idiot. LOL I GET AXES FIRST LOL. Only advantage a beast gets, and to pay for it, he has to be a very high level before he can use grenade launchers -- and he will always be wholly outclassed as a user of guns.

Also, guntechers are horrid attack tech users (a newman guntecher is as bad as a beast wartecher, and newmans are far and away the best tech users -- they have twice the TP of beasts and CASTs). They're decent at healing, though, which makes them decent support-style guntechers. Humans are more attack-oriented than newmans, but they're similarly more support-oriented than a CAST, which would be your best gun-wielding guntecher. A beast guntecher isn't really that bad because of the guntecher ATA bonus (maxes at 160%) and the relatively low ATA requirements for most guntecher weapon types (dual handguns just don't miss, period). As long as he avoids those pesky shotguns, he'd be fine. He also has higher ATP, HP, and TP than a CAST (albeit marginal in all cases).

As for CAST for fighgunner, fine, you could make a small case for beasts being tied. But since CASTs have better DFP than beasts, you're looking at pretty similar defensive abilities (more DFP for CASTs and more HP for beasts). Other than that, it's all ATA and ATP. Now, let's see: beasts have a slight advantage in ATP (after weaponry, maybe 5% tops) while CASTs rape hard at ATA (35% stat difference). As I always say, use a Stella/Hit S and you've got the ATP of a CAST, but still not nearly the ATA. Given that fighgunners like to use machine guns which have very low ATA, beasts are cast out of that pot. Now I'll go as far as to say that arguing that beasts make BETTER fighgunners than CASTs is downright silly. The numbers don't add up.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 10:47 PM
First of all, I never once argued against your Protranser. CAST was the only race that could use traps in PSO, obviously they would purposefully make the trap heavy class, a CAST advantage race.

Fighgunner... sigh. Same argument I always hear.
Lv 60 Beast, Lv 5 fighgunner
565 ATP
156 ATA
Lv 62 CAST, lv 6 fighgunner
544 ATP
230 ATA

Now he's 2 levels higher and a class level higher and my ATP is still higher than his is. By the time I reach that point, my ATP will probably have grown around 22-26, and my ATA 9-12. Yes the ATA is significantly different, but ATA is not the significant, seriously. There's something called moving around to attack from behind. There's also the idea of using higher ATA weapons. And fighgunners do not like to use mechguns. I see very few if any use a mechgun. In fact, I'm the only fighgunner I know that ever uses one. And I only use ice, because it can freeze and guarantees every hit after that. Plus Nanoblast is more applicable to a fighgunner. Casts are designed for more ranged oriented characters. Nano is designed for up close, and fighgunner is designed to be up close, the ranged weapons are designed as support, not as primary weaponry. I'm not arguing whether Casts are good fighgunners, because they are, but I'm sick of hearing that they are by far and away the best.

btw, that's just comparing ATP and ATA, and I honestly think there is a lot more to a classes success than that.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-01-17 19:49 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jan 17, 2007, 10:54 PM
Beasts Make good fighting Warteckers, good ForteFighters (Beast form damage is based on ATP),and good Figunners.

Surprisingly they DO make decent gunteckers (I was shocked too), but I suspect they will have to stick to bows/cards for best effect

Figunner is funny...With all that beast has going for it, cast is still a lil better, I surmise...But beast is a close second. All the units in the world won't alter you base stats, which determine when you can equip items (beast ATP = early A/S rank melee weapons)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-01-17 19:57 ]</font>

Gamemako
Jan 17, 2007, 11:43 PM
On 2007-01-17 19:47, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
There's something called moving around to attack from behind. There's also the idea of using higher ATA weapons. And fighgunners do not like to use mechguns. I see very few if any use a mechgun. In fact, I'm the only fighgunner I know that ever uses one. And I only use ice, because it can freeze and guarantees every hit after that. Plus Nanoblast is more applicable to a fighgunner. Casts are designed for more ranged oriented characters. Nano is designed for up close, and fighgunner is designed to be up close, the ranged weapons are designed as support, not as primary weaponry. I'm not arguing whether Casts are good fighgunners, because they are, but I'm sick of hearing that they are by far and away the best.

They're not far and away the best, but it's pretty hard to argue that they're not either the best or tied with best for the top spot. Beasts have about 8% more ATP than CASTs, and that difference is multipled by the Fighgunners 116% ATP rating. That turns out to a slightly less than 50-point difference at 60/10 (something like 47 points).

I ususally can't get the fighgunners on my team to stop using those blasted mechguns. Their sound is annoying as heck. But they're good for status effect blanketing, I guess.

Oh yes, and I get tired of hearing the "attack from behind" argument. YOU try to get behind a goddamn Go-Vahra. Completely and utterly futile. Futhermore, it's horribly inefficient to try to get behind monsters every time you want to attack, and you can't hit more than one foe at a time (something that is a fighgunner's specialty with those twin sabers and daggers and double sabers).

I personally prefer SUV weapons to nanoblast. Why? When someone uses a SUV weapon, it's 100% beneficial to the team, and status effects increase overall damage output (<3 Sturm Buster). They're invincible while using the weapons. When someone nanoblasts, they're a damn liability. Oh shit, the beast got hit. Save him because he can't heal his own dumb self. And overall, he doesn't do much more damage than a Sturm Buster does with its burn added on. In terms of risk/reward and team effort, I'll take the SUV, thanks.

Kimil
Jan 17, 2007, 11:52 PM
Fortes are > no shit!

Wartecher -
Beast if you are melee with support techs only
Human if you are split down the middle
Newman if you are Tech with Dagger ability

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 17, 2007, 11:52 PM
That's assuming the guy using the Nano doesn't know what he is doing, or isn't a defense/invincible nanoblast. I never said they were far and away the best. I just said that CASTs aren't far and away the best. Enemies attack whoever last attacked them. It's quite easy to get behind any enemy at any point. Even in groups with the multihit weapons. Basically, a fortefighter or fortegunner attack from the north, you run straight through the enemies to the south of them, turn around and attack. You're now behind the enemy. Maybe not perfectly, but even being to the side of an enemy actually increases hit rate, or at least it seems to.

Basically you're arguing about preference, not actual numbers. It basically balances out.

THE JACKEL

Gamemako
Jan 18, 2007, 12:49 AM
On 2007-01-17 20:52, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
That's assuming the guy using the Nano doesn't know what he is doing, or isn't a defense/invincible nanoblast. I never said they were far and away the best. I just said that CASTs aren't far and away the best. Enemies attack whoever last attacked them. It's quite easy to get behind any enemy at any point. Even in groups with the multihit weapons. Basically, a fortefighter or fortegunner attack from the north, you run straight through the enemies to the south of them, turn around and attack. You're now behind the enemy. Maybe not perfectly, but even being to the side of an enemy actually increases hit rate, or at least it seems to.

Basically you're arguing about preference, not actual numbers. It basically balances out.

THE JACKEL

I very rarely see defensive nanos. I've seen an invincible or two, but everybody seems to love their power blast, and getting hit when taking such an aggressive stance is inevitable.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 18, 2007, 01:37 AM
I have a Zeed one, but that's because I have green clothes and I like to color match. If I could get a good blue outfit, I'd probably change to defense. I take care of myself as a beast fighgunner, never heard anyone complain about me not watching my health and such, I only die when things get out of hand such as 3 vilde's spinning around me

THE JACKEL

rvzero
Jan 18, 2007, 09:24 AM
Human: fF, fG, FG, GT, fT, GT, WT, PT
CAST: fF, fG, FG, GT, PT
Beast: fF, FG, WT
Newman: fT, GT, WT

What I'd pick completely based on my common sence:

Female cast + fF = most DEF
cast + GT = Bow+buffs/debuffs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
cast + PT = stats, decent... arsenal *thumbs up*

well.. I'ma cast lover... <.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rvzero on 2007-01-18 06:25 ]</font>

Gamemako
Jan 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
On 2007-01-18 06:24, rvzero wrote:
Human: fF, fG, FG, GT, fT, GT, WT, PT
CAST: fF, fG, FG, GT, PT
Beast: fF, FG, WT
Newman: fT, GT, WT

What I'd pick completely based on my common sence:

Female cast + fF = most DEF
cast + GT = Bow+buffs/debuffs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
cast + PT = stats, decent... arsenal *thumbs up*

well.. I'ma cast lover... <.<

Lovely. So you're a CAST lover and would like to share with us all that you think CAST is great for everything. Brilliant. That, sir, is beneficial to no one.

In other news, I've never wasted 160PP on a SUV.

panzer_unit
Jan 18, 2007, 09:46 AM
On 2007-01-17 19:14, Gamemako wrote:
A CAST as protranser is a no-brainer and an absolute. You can argue it, but not without sounding like an idiot. LOL I GET AXES FIRST LOL. Only advantage a beast gets, and to pay for it, he has to be a very high level before he can use grenade launchers -- and he will always be wholly outclassed as a user of guns.

For how fast I'm leveling a beast would get their axes and into 7* melee ~3 weeks earlier than a Cast, and grenades ~1 week later than the same. ATA requirements on guns are far easier for all PT's to meet than ATP requirements on striking weapons. Rank 5 and a good character level will get even the Beasts into A rank guns, while only Beast get their A rank melee on before 60/6.

More importantly: the beast ALWAYS has a rank advantage on melee weapons. It's not _just_ getting axes, they're using a better class of melee weapon from the get-go and until they die of old age pretty much. They get 5*'s first. They get 6*'s first... they're quick to get going through the A ranks instead of sticking to high-grind B's for ages, helping 'em out with better PP capacity and ATA.

Ranged weapons are much more about their skill levels. 21+ on bow gets you SE4 shots... doesn't matter if you're using Alteric or Alteri. Melee PA's are always going to be a PT's best DPS, and it's in that department where it really matters if you're using a high-grade weapon.

Talomis
Jan 18, 2007, 11:13 AM
Just curious about the whole which is better human or cast protranser thing. Even after the humans stat bonus for protranser...are a casts stats still going to be higher than a humans?(assuming both are male) I'm thinking about re-making my protranser into a cast(i'm a human) and just wondering if the stat gap makes a difference and having SUV's would be a much better choice.

panzer_unit
Jan 18, 2007, 11:28 AM
I doubt a remade Cast would ever catch up to where your human would be if you just kept playing it from where it is now.

Talomis
Jan 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
Is this assuming they are both the same level? So you're saying a lvl 70 protranser 10 male human would have better atp/hp etc than a lvl 70 protranser 10 male cast?

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 18, 2007, 11:42 AM
no, i think he's trying to say that it'll take REALLY long for your CAST to get to the level that your human is at right now.

panzer_unit
Jan 18, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'm saying that the 50/5 Cast PT you could have after a couple months work isn't as good as the 70/7 Human PT you would have if you don't start over.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 18, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-01-17 20:43, Gamemako wrote:

I personally prefer SUV weapons to nanoblast. Why? When someone uses a SUV weapon, it's 100% beneficial to the team, and status effects increase overall damage output (<3 Sturm Buster). They're invincible while using the weapons. When someone nanoblasts, they're a damn liability. Oh shit, the beast got hit. Save him because he can't heal his own dumb self. And overall, he doesn't do much more damage than a Sturm Buster does with its burn added on. In terms of risk/reward and team effort, I'll take the SUV, thanks.

You are missing a few things. Nanoblast does not limit movement, and there IS an invincibility nanoblast (so you won't have to heal), Nano blasts do not require an armor slot.

One negative to the nano blast is that it removes ALL status effects though, and can be ugly.

More importantly: the beast ALWAYS has a rank advantage on melee weapons. It's not _just_ getting axes, they're using a better class of melee weapon from the get-go and until they die of old age pretty much. They get 5*'s first. They get 6*'s first... they're quick to get going through the A ranks instead of sticking to high-grind B's for ages, helping 'em out with better PP capacity and ATA.

Disagree heartily. melee weapon dmage is FAR more about elemental % than ATP increase. yes, extra ATA helps, but guess what...Casts don't need it, so it's fine sticking with lower * weapons. Cast>>Beast at PT.

One note to the Jackel, who seems to think a good tactic is to run past enemies and attack from behind as a beast. Good luck with that - now what happens if you are expected to be the primary fighter-type? After all, you ARE a beast.
ATA is important in this game, far more important than ATP I'm finding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-01-18 14:25 ]</font>

SekotheFOmar
Jan 18, 2007, 06:39 PM
honestly why do some people what are the best classes for each race? I'm a newman fighgunner and I'm doing just fine. The best class is what you start with.