PDA

View Full Version : Don't Little Kids Seem to be Able to get Away with ANYTHING?

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
It always seems that way. The nice, cute little innocent kid couldn't do anything wrong now, could they? WRONG! I think they are a bunch of little devils that stickp their tongues out, raring to go, but they just run behind their mommy when things look bad. Plus they destroy or ruin EVERYTHING!. I JUST HATE IT! What do you think of little brats?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 17, 2007, 07:08 PM
Its a little sadistic to laugh when they fall on their faces when they run around public places in Heely's, but its the risk they took when they put them on and roll around when their parents aren't looking.

And I can't say too much, I was probably crazy as a kid too.

My little bros used to run headfirst into people at the mall, while imitating E. Honda.

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:08, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Its a little sadistic to laugh when they fall on their faces when they run around public places in Heely's, but its the risk they took when they put them on and roll around when their parents aren't looking.

How about when a little kid buys a huge ice cream then falls, splattering it all over them. Then they bawl, making a little lake next to the lake of melted ice cream. I just love to watch that. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dr_Montague on 2007-01-17 16:11 ]</font>

Dre_o
Jan 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
I saw a little tyke while at work the other day. This little boy (and I mean LITTLE) was walking behind his mother when he noticed a loaf of bread on the floor. He took less than 2 seconds to figure out where the bread went, he then straddled the bread and put it back on the shelf.

Now THAT is a little kid who's getting raised right.

Note: Two loafs of bread stacked end on end would be taller than this little guy.

Banish
Jan 17, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:01, Dr_Montague wrote:
It always seems that way. The nice, cute little innocent kid couldn't do anything wrong now, could they? WRONG! I think they are a bunch of little devils that stickp their tongues out, raring to go, but they just run behind their mommy when things look bad. Plus they destroy or ruin EVERYTHING!. I JUST HATE IT! What do you think of little brats?

Sounds like my sister (without the destroy/ruining things)

But then again, I don't bother her at all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-01-17 16:13 ]</font>

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 17, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:12, Dre_o wrote:

Note: Two loafs of bread stacked end on end would be taller than this little guy.

Then how the hell did that midget manage to do THAT?

Banish
Jan 17, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:14, Dr_Montague wrote:

On 2007-01-17 16:12, Dre_o wrote:

Then how the hell did that midget manage to do THAT?

The loaf of bread was on the floor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It might have been hard for him though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-01-17 16:20 ]</font>

Wyndham
Jan 17, 2007, 07:20 PM
I love little kids. today a litle girl in the hospital kept running over to the water fountain, pressing the button, running to her mom yelling "WATER", then to the fountain again! she could barely walk, and kept falling down. it was so cute. ^_^

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-01-17 16:20, Oran1324 wrote:
I love little kids. today a litle girl in the hospital kept running over to the water fountain, pressing the button, running to her mom yelling "WATER", then to the fountain again! she could barely walk, and kept falling down. it was so cute. ^_^

Now only if that little brat drowned in it. hee hee heh heh

Nidramag
Jan 17, 2007, 08:48 PM
you mean little, little kids, right?
like 6 year olds, etc?
GOOD

YOU ALL UNDERSTAND MY PAIN OF WORKING IN A VOULENTEER GROUP ON A PARENTS NIGHT OUT.
It's called leaders, its a YMCA thing, as my mom works at the one here, I am there often anyways.

KodiaX987
Jan 17, 2007, 08:52 PM
Parents got on that whole "dont hurt ur kid!" bandwagon, took it to extremes, and it created pieces of shit that are uncontrollable at best. Now if a kid does something that hurts someone, it's not "bad", no! It's actually "cuuuuuuuuuute!" Well, that cuteness caused my niece to repeatedly attempt to punch my half-brother in the testicles and her mother didn't do shit about it.

Other end of the spectrum: my other half-brother. Whenever he sees his kids doing something wrong, he tells them so and explains why it's wrong. End result: two of the nicest damn kids you'll ever see on the face of this planet. They even clean up after themselves - I rarely see that on people under 14 years of age.

Wyndham
Jan 17, 2007, 08:55 PM
I mean kids up to the age of four.this girl was maybe 16 monthsw old.

PJ
Jan 17, 2007, 09:36 PM
Little kids? My brother has tantrums and he's allowed to get away with it, and he's turning 19 in less than a month (I turned 18 less than a month ago). Whereas I do nothing wrong and get shit for nothi...

That's another rant for another day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

navci
Jan 17, 2007, 09:51 PM
Kids throw tantrum or do certain things repeatedly because they have learned that those behaviours get them places.

Their parents let them.

So it continues. It does seem hard to see little kids not behaving in ways that would annoy people anymore.

Tomoki
Jan 17, 2007, 09:55 PM
Whenever I see someone younger than 14 (the 'tolderable age' in which ones magically become mature; all I know is that 13 = bad 14 = not so much.) I want to kick them *so* hard.

Now, that's not particularly because they get away with everything. I just needs more things to kick I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Kent
Jan 17, 2007, 10:04 PM
I hate children. They're not only attracted to me in public, but they can sense my presence, and it frightens them into screaming.

Every single time I go out... :/

On a side note, I hate one of my stepsister's children, with a passion. She's moody, self-righteous, and loud, just like her mother. She'll even smack you and tell you "NO!" when you do any random thing she doesn't seem to approve of (kinda like what her mom does to her)... And it's annoying.

Did I mention she's hyperactive? I mean, kids are normally hyper, but this one's really hyper. I swear, she needs some ritalin. Or blunt trauma.

Speaking of which: Belts were invented for the sole purpose of controlling children - the whole "holding up your pants" thing, is just a fringe benefit.

Take a note from the Boondocks, and smack the hell out of your kids. Please.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 18, 2007, 03:14 PM
My oldest brother-in-law has two children, and has to deal with violent temper tantrums, small objects being thrown, and screaming until he's been bent to the tantrumer's will. His children can be quite loud and non-compliant at times, too.

Still, there needs to be a certain level of patience with especially young children. The important thing to remember is that they're still learning how to behave. This means that a great deal of correction is in order.

My sister-in-law won't bring her children to my apartment anymore, because I'll spank them until they cry if they start doing something they shouldn't be; the specific incident that brought this about was, my nephew picked up an ethernet cable that was laying across the floor, put it in his mouth, and immediately started walking into the kitchen like that. I snatched him up before he clotheslined himself onto the linolium, and swatted his diapered butt three times before giving him back to his mother. Apparently he had set out to perform this task several times before I had gotten home, but was gently stopped each time. His attempt after I arrived was his last.

I don't think it's good to "hate" young children and toddlers as a blanket opinion. I don't think that's good for anyone. It's perhaps more important to "hate" the trouble they cause, and endeavour to correct the behavior of those children and toddlers in your life.

On 2007-01-17 18:55, Tomoki wrote:
Whenever I see someone younger than 14 (the 'tolderable age' in which ones magically become mature; all I know is that 13 = bad 14 = not so much.) I want to kick them *so* hard.

It's funny just how true that is. I don't know why it is that a 13 year old sticks out like a sore thumb on the internet, but it seems the day he turns 14, he suddenly calms down. Granted, he retains some of that which made him 13, but his agression in it has declined drastically.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-01-18 12:23 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jan 18, 2007, 05:14 PM
I dont have kids, but i have seen them
My cousin is 8... and he gets on my nerves VERY QUICKLY
But eh... ill be dealin with that sooner or later. But when i ahve kids, ill make sure,and i mean SURE they stay out of trouble.
Belt amirite?

Leviathan
Jan 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
On 2007-01-18 14:14, DikkyRay wrote:
But eh... ill be dealin with that sooner or later. But when i ahve kids, ill make sure,and i mean SURE they stay out of trouble.
Belt amirite?

hooray for people like you DikkyRay. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
<<word of advice use a studded belt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif >>

yea when i go to stores they seem to yell when they don't get what they want. &what makes it worse is the parent don't bother to do anything what so ever.

makes me wanna whip off my studded belt &lash 'em.
but then again im kinda...ehh...

but when i was a kid i was never spoiled

medusae
Jan 18, 2007, 09:02 PM
I like little kids.
with bbq sauce.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

geewj
Jan 19, 2007, 10:27 AM
Kids are robots. They do what they see. Mot are incapable of independent thought, just extreme expressions of their observations.

Take a look at the world, the world we are all contributing to the creation and sustaining of. This is what teaches them to act this way. And this is why it will continue, unless something significant is done to change the way things are.

But that's too much effort, so lets just keep complaining. Go with what you know, right?

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
On 2007-01-18 15:16, Leviatha wrote:

yea when i go to stores they seem to yell when they don't get what they want.

This is the premise of a commercial advocating condom use.

Leviathan
Jan 19, 2007, 04:43 PM
On 2007-01-19 13:21, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2007-01-18 15:16, Leviatha wrote:

yea when i go to stores they seem to yell when they don't get what they want.

This is the premise of a commercial advocating condom use.

yes, i agree with you it should or else you'll end up with this monster of a child that you probably didnt want conceived in the first place. ;o

thats a fantastic idea, &im not even lying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Otis_Kat
Jan 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
*Conversation overheard in Wal Mart in July*

Dad: I'm not getting that for you.

Child: But dad, I want it!

Dad: No, it's just water.

Child: But dad, it's not water, it's Aquapod! *This is where me and my friend laugh hysterically because we always made fun of the stupid commercials*

*Child throws a fit and throws stuff from cart to floor*
*Dad buys Aquapod*

On our way out we were mocking it not realizing he behind us. Looked like he was going to kill us.

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 19, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-01-19 15:34, Otis_Kat wrote:

Child: But dad, it's not water, it's Aquapod! *This is where me and my friend laugh hysterically because we always made fun of the stupid commercials*

*Dad buys Aquapod*

On our way out we were mocking it not realizing he behind us. Looked like he was going to kill us.

That is when I want to beat down a little kid. Throwing a fit just to get something, thats just PATHETIC. If only there were no cops...

medusae
Jan 19, 2007, 07:49 PM
yes, i agree with you it should or else you'll end up with this monster of a child that you probably didnt want conceived in the first place. ;o

I think Meira meant that it's the premise of an existing commercial.

edit: wtf is an aquapod?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: medusae on 2007-01-19 16:51 ]</font>

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 19, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-01-19 16:49, medusae wrote:

I think Meira meant that it's the premise of an existing commercial.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: medusae on 2007-01-19 16:51 ]</font>

To tell you the truth, I dunno either, I bet its just some plain water. Thats like a stupid little brat to do something like that. Beg for something as stupid as water.

Leviathan
Jan 19, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-01-19 16:49, medusae wrote:

this is an aqua pod.
http://static.flickr.com/72/187705461_95e24622d0_m.jpg

thats what the big fuss was about.
water in a ritzi little container, nothing more, nothing less.<<except the price>>

i heard another dude in the in Rants here before mention the very same thing about Aqua pod &how he saw a kid do the same thing, lol maybe a coincedience<<sp?>>

Jehosaphaty
Jan 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-01-19 16:40, Dr_Montague wrote:
That is when I want to beat down a little kid. Throwing a fit just to get something, thats just PATHETIC. If only there were no cops...

You just screamed to world what an idiot you are.

It's a small child whose chances of behaving properly, especially when you add in poor parenting skills, are very slim. Let's just jump on the bandwagon and slay little hooligans left and right: because we all know how perfect we were when we were five. I'm sure I was a complete bitch at first; but I know that was soon corrected through a good deal of spankings. Kids are a pain in the ass, obviously it comes with the territory.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jehosaphaty on 2007-01-19 17:51 ]</font>

Nidramag
Jan 19, 2007, 08:49 PM
I hate watching over little kids, those ones that think the rules are a game. If I even think of yelling at them... they run to someone, maybe their parents, maybe another person, and scream their heads off, resulting in me getting in trouble for trying to control the hyperactive freaks. The ones that do the opposite completely of what you say...*sigh*
I mean, It isn't like they're all bad. maybe SOME (or most) are hyper. I have watched over good kids before that actually listen, too. It's like this cat thing I always say, if ONE scratches you, even if you DIDN'T provoke it, will every cat try to hurt you first chance? no.

BUT! do not think I would hurt a hyperactive child if I got the chance. never. I am strictly against hurting (outside of VideoGames like PSO, Final Fantasy, etc. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nidramag on 2007-01-19 17:53 ]</font>
EDITS: TYPOS, I declare war on those now!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nidramag on 2007-01-19 17:54 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jan 20, 2007, 10:45 AM
Well, ima post again.
1. I disike Children. THey are snooty annoying, and brats. But then again, so were we.
But see, thats where my mom and dad came in. If i ever threw a fit at my house, my dad would either: A. Spank me. B. Paddle me or C. Belt me.
And guess what? He told me he would do the same in public if i ever threw a fit there. And did i? NEVER.
Child Abuse laws these days are retared. OMG YOU HIT YOUR KID?? CHILD SUPPORT! And you know what? Its not teaching those kids anything. I had ADHD when i was little, and still do. If i did something wrong, and my parents sat me down to teach me morals etc., you think i would remember it? HELL NO. But guess what, if they hit me, i wouldnt dare to do that again.
Seriously, i ont care if i go to jail for it. If my kid ever acts up, Ill hit them.
Mind you, im only 15 XD Laws may change......but i wont. Of course, i may not be harsh if i have a girl...because yea. I of course will still punish her with pain, but not as harsh as a boy lol.

Banish
Jan 20, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-01-19 15:34, Otis_Kat wrote:

*Dad buys Aquapod*

Lol, that's hilarious!

Did you run?

Out_Kast
Jan 20, 2007, 04:25 PM
I don't dislike kids in particular (I'm not that old myself). But kids these days always appear so rude to their elders. When I was younger, I'd never have said half of that stuff to people older than me. But there they are, swearing their parents blind! It's actually quite shocking, to see someone that young acting like that...
I also hate watching over kids. I never know what to do, so I sometimes half-conciously (is that how you spell it?) pretend they aren't there and carry on with what I was doing.
And when they fall over, I never know what to do. So I end up standing there like a complete idiot. It's embarassing...
But apart from that, kids are awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif . I was sat down in the Food Court at the East Midlands shopping outlet (as it has been recently re-christened), and there was this baby girl, no older than a month or two, in this woolly body-suit thing. She looked so adorable http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2007-01-20 13:26 ]</font>

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 20, 2007, 06:00 PM
Kids may look adorable, BUT THEY ARE SNOTTY, STUPID LITTLE BRATS. Even I wasn't that bratty when I was a kid. But now im 13, I GET TO BE THE ONE TO CLOBBER THEM! LOL

Banish
Jan 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
Have fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Firocket1690
Jan 20, 2007, 09:30 PM
Meh.

I only vaguely dislike the small annoying ones.

Albeit, I shouldn't be talking, I was quite the little asshole as a child.
Supermarket behavior... As long as I had my fruits and cereal, I was content other random things... I'd ask, parent would respond, and that would generally be the end of it.

Otis_Kat
Jan 21, 2007, 12:07 AM
On 2007-01-19 17:17, Leviatha wrote:

i heard another dude in the in Rants here before mention the very same thing about Aqua pod &how he saw a kid do the same thing, lol maybe a coincedience<<sp?>>

I did tell that story back when it happened in some other topic.

PJ
Jan 21, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-01-19 17:49, Jehosaphaty wrote:
Let's just jump on the bandwagon and slay little hooligans left and right: because we all know how perfect we were when we were five.

Not to be going against your point, a WONDERFUL point, but...

I WAS good when I was 5.

Jehosaphaty
Jan 21, 2007, 02:46 AM
On 2007-01-20 21:21, PJ wrote:

I WAS good when I was 5.

That, my friend, must be because you broke the mold. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Blitzkommando
Jan 21, 2007, 05:32 AM
Some people don't know how to raise children. Just like some don't know how to drive a car. While others don't know how to stop making children. Unfortunately, the first and last are often times the same people.

A good spanking and explanation as to why a spanking was earned is a great way to get a child to not do it again. Of course, instilling good values helps even more. The best way though is to keep the kid busy doing something. For when they are busy coloring, building with clay, playing with blocks, they aren't playing with matches, kicking the dog, or dumping bleach on the laundry. It's amazing how well children behave when they have something to do that they enjoy. For me it was little toy cars. They were cheap (started out at $0.65 a car but today they are what, $1.29? Still cheap though) and I even had a nice indoor sandbox on a table in the basement to play with them. I also had a wooded area behind the house where a friend and myself would frequently run around not getting into trouble but building forts and whatnot out of wood we found.

Firocket1690
Jan 21, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-01-21 02:32, Norvekh wrote:
A good spanking and explanation as to why a spanking was earned is a great way to get a child to not do it again. Of course, instilling good values helps even more. The best way though is to keep the kid busy doing something. For when they are busy coloring, building with clay, playing with blocks, they aren't playing with matches, kicking the dog, or dumping bleach on the laundry. It's amazing how well children behave when they have something to do that they enjoy. For me it was little toy cars. They were cheap (started out at $0.65 a car but today they are what, $1.29? Still cheap though) and I even had a nice indoor sandbox on a table in the basement to play with them. I also had a wooded area behind the house where a friend and myself would frequently run around not getting into trouble but building forts and whatnot out of wood we found.
That, my dear friend, is called legos. 'cept the new generation has gone down the hellhole. albeit, I still collect some of the bionicle models, but mainly for shelf decoration.

... Now that I think about it, I should rip those things apart. Same figures for more than a year. It's collecting dust. I need to build something new. =/

zanotam
Jan 21, 2007, 04:48 PM
Wanna know what i love? I love how each generation thinks they weren't bratty as kids even though there a 99.9% chance they were bratty, cute, nice, loving, and an all around little kid

zanotam
Jan 21, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-01-20 07:45, DikkyRay wrote:
Well, ima post again.
1. I disike Children. THey are snooty annoying, and brats. But then again, so were we.
But see, thats where my mom and dad came in. If i ever threw a fit at my house, my dad would either: A. Spank me. B. Paddle me or C. Belt me.
And guess what? He told me he would do the same in public if i ever threw a fit there. And did i? NEVER.
Child Abuse laws these days are retared. OMG YOU HIT YOUR KID?? CHILD SUPPORT! And you know what? Its not teaching those kids anything. I had ADHD when i was little, and still do. If i did something wrong, and my parents sat me down to teach me morals etc., you think i would remember it? HELL NO. But guess what, if they hit me, i wouldnt dare to do that again.
Seriously, i ont care if i go to jail for it. If my kid ever acts up, Ill hit them.
Mind you, im only 15 XD Laws may change......but i wont. Of course, i may not be harsh if i have a girl...because yea. I of course will still punish her with pain, but not as harsh as a boy lol.

One. you're a sexist son of a *this sentence has been cut off due to mature language not apropriate for anyone over the age of 1* And 2 kids actually do learn better through kindness. Pain teaches faster, but it also teaches them that hurting people is alright which leads to them getting into fights being a bully, going to war when they're older to "protect" there idea that it's OKAY to hit people. STOP THE HATE PEOPLE!

DikkyRay
Jan 21, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-01-21 13:50, zanotam wrote:

On 2007-01-20 07:45, DikkyRay wrote:
Well, ima post again.

One. you're a sexist son of a *this sentence has been cut off due to mature language not apropriate for anyone over the age of 1* And 2 kids actually do learn better through kindness. Pain teaches faster, but it also teaches them that hurting people is alright which leads to them getting into fights being a bully, going to war when they're older to "protect" there idea that it's OKAY to hit people. STOP THE HATE PEOPLE!

Uh,
1. How was a sexist?
2. I was hit as a kid. My dad was, my friends were, their parents were. Are we out there getting in fights? Nope. I dont wanna flame, but yea that doesnt make sense. FIghitng comes from other problems, not hittong.
Besides, just sit the kid down if he gets into a fight, then smack the belt right on his rear end.

AzureBlaze
Jan 22, 2007, 01:32 AM
It was sexist because you can hit a girl as hard as you can hit a guy, with the same consequences. Especially as children, the hormones havn't differentiated them much yet, so they'll take an equal amount punishment before they die. (as adults though, males end up with thicker skin and other minor differences)

As soon as you spare someone some torment 'because of what they are' it becomes sexist. What if you said "I would not hit a black child as hard as a white" that's racist--so the same applies to gender.

As for it leading to fights: not necisarily. People don't always mimic what they see, some can rise above it. However you are living proof that it does teach people that it's ok to hit others to get what you want, because you said so yourself. Because you were hit, you will hit. "2. I was hit as a kid. My dad was, my friends were, their parents were."

Not hitting kids is not the same as letting them run wild and act psycho like the thread is complaining about.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 22, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-01-17 19:04, Kent wrote:
Take a note from the Boondocks, and smack the hell out of your kids. Please.

THIS MAN(or women, internetz lol) IS A GENIOUS.

edit: though not necesarily "the hell" outta them. All you need's a firm BUT GENTLE smack on the head kind of a "No. Bad." smack, not a "I WILL END YOU" type of beating upside the head
*out of here before more serious*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flwl3ssCowboy on 2007-01-22 13:40 ]</font>

medusae
Jan 22, 2007, 04:55 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9219/66498trojan6je.jpg

astuarlen
Jan 22, 2007, 07:51 PM
I don't understand why some people consider minor corporal punishment so unconscionable. I don't mean to say parents should beat up their kids, but I think sometimes a little pain--or more like shock, really, or the threat of pain--could be a useful tool. And, frankly, I can think of more traumatic ways of punishing a child than swacking their butt once in a while. Also, I think we need to separate reasonable physical discipline administered by a parent to a child from hitting someone to get what you want.
And, yes, it's not unreasonable to assume that someone who receives physical punishment as a child might consider it a valid disciplinary measure. People tend to adopt the cultural--and, more specifically, familial--norms and practices they experience. I don't see this as a case of violence begets violence so long as punishment is given with discretion. To me it's a matter of context and judgment; discipline given at appropriate times and in appropriate proportion is not harmful, but punishment of any form can be misapplied, whether it's yelling, grounding, restricting privileges, etc.
2@s

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
There is something we need to remember about punishment. The purpose of punishment is not to correct a child's behavior. The purpose of punishment is to prepare the child for life in the world. Disciplining your child by spanking teaches them three things:

Don't do that, again.
The world is harsh.
I need to be strong to survive.

All valuable lessons.

As with all things though, there's a balance to be found. Too much, and you'll only breed resentment. Not enough, and the child won't get the point.

DraginHikari
Jan 24, 2007, 09:49 AM
As stated in this thread parents have become far to pacfistic with rasing children. Most parents simply either don't want to deal with their own child tanturm or they trying to talk it out with the child. You expect me to believe you can talk about the issue with a tempermental three year old? Not likely.

I don't really have a problem with little kids at all, I prefer to point fingers at the one raising them. Little Kids LEARN from there surrounding mostly from their parents. I give my job for a good example of that. I am a manager trainee at a McDonald in the town I live in. I couldn't tell you the number of times I've seen parents who I swear as more childish then the children they have with them. And when the kids act up. They don't even try to stop or move the child away to deal with it. My parents would have never let me throw a tampture in public, make a mess anywhere I went (And if I did they took responsible and pick it up), nor was I allow to talk back or swear at adults. (Yes I have had five year olds swear at me)

As far as response to the opening, I don't understand your direct discontent for kids regardless of who they are. I like little kids, they can be fun to know and they tend to try to learn about you and things around them.

Little kids bother me, nah. Teenagers though, another story entirely XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2007-01-24 06:50 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jan 24, 2007, 07:22 PM
still dunno how i was sexist in my rant xD oh well...
Miera: Glad to see someone has a little sense other than the few of us here xD Didnt even think that that taught us other lessons

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-01-21 02:32, Norvekh wrote:
Some people don't know how to raise children. Just like some don't know how to drive a car. While others don't know how to stop making children. Unfortunately, the first and last are often times the same people.

Good point. Toys can definitely keep a little kid out of trouble. BUT DON'T LET A REAALY STUPID LITTLE KID PLAY WITH A FRIEND because they will just get in stupid little fights about EVERYTHING! Plus the "three-second attention span" of a little kid can save the day.

Banish
Jan 25, 2007, 06:23 PM
Whats the "3-sec. Attention Span"?

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Jan 25, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-01-25 15:23, Banish wrote:
Whats the "3-sec. Attention Span"?

The "three-second attention span" is when a little kid will just stare at one thing, then suddenly rush to the next, hence the name "three-second attention span" hee hee.

Banish
Jan 26, 2007, 05:46 PM
Oh. Heh, a kid will start to go wacko and piont at many things, thus having his short attetttion.