PDA

View Full Version : Arm units...not that good?

SolomonGrundy
Jan 17, 2007, 08:31 PM
So, I was looking over the choices for some of the Arm units, and I was a little discouraged.

There seem to be no straight bonuses (as in +25 ATA with no penalty to ATP). Everything seems to be a +/1 situation. Even the PP reducing units come at the cost increasing other PP costs.

though I could warm to the idea of Hard Power Charge/S (+100 ATP, and PP costs double I think it is.)

Alisha
Jan 17, 2007, 08:45 PM
imo some of those units are great to swap in before a nano blast or SUV.

Jozon
Jan 18, 2007, 12:08 AM
There's mega/power it adds +30(I think) ATP with no side effects

Golto
Jan 18, 2007, 12:17 AM
If you are a fortefighter or fortegunner the giga/ skill pp save or giga/ bullet pp save would be a dream. Since both should really only heavily use one type of weapons.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 18, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-01-17 21:17, Golto wrote:
If you are a fortefighter or fortegunner the giga/ skill pp save or giga/ bullet pp save would be a dream. Since both should really only heavily use one type of weapons.

Too bad I need the ATA to hit :-/
18 ATA is like 9 levels for a Beast.
I was hoping for a Giga/hit with 40 ATA or something silly.

Golto
Jan 18, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hmm when the s rank for Holy Ground comes out I think the rare version of the mini boss can drop Hard/ Charge hit. But pp usage for melee and ranged is 150%. When we ever get the twin headed de Ragan mission I think the Sori/ Hit drops but it lowers atp to raise ata.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 18, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-01-18 18:40, Golto wrote:
Hmm when the s rank for Holy Ground comes out I think the rare version of the mini boss can drop Hard/ Charge hit. But pp usage for melee and ranged is 150%. When we ever get the twin headed de Ragan mission I think the Sori/ Hit drops but it lowers atp to raise ata.

see? Arm units suck! Why not have a unit that jsut adds - what's with this tradeoff BS?

Ronin1of47
Jan 18, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-01-18 18:44, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-01-18 18:40, Golto wrote:

see? Arm units suck! Why not have a unit that jsut adds - what's with this tradeoff BS?

balance?

ShinMaruku
Jan 18, 2007, 11:57 PM
Well from my expericne them trade offs aren't that bad as to help my newman plow thogh it helped quite a bit. Then again I had decent ata but for my beastess worked fine as well. If ya got good support it should be no worry to you.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 19, 2007, 03:12 AM
Balance?

Let's review:
Head units: can add TAP, or MST or Both, or increase casting speed (at cost of TAP), or vastly increase TAP, as cost of casting speed).

so, 2 unit types that straight up add, and 2 units that are trade off-types

Body: unti for high EVP, unti for high DFP, unti for decent bump in both, unit to add to elemental resists.

So, all good, none bad

Extra: I wont even lsit them they are all good.

>>>And there we have it folks - arm units are teh suck, which is why I still use my perpa hit.
;-p

Arislan
Jan 19, 2007, 09:07 AM
Let's try this again.
Knight / Power / Hit - Add without subtracting
Power S / Hit S / Charge - Adds and subtracts

I'm seeing 50% here.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 19, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-01-19 06:07, Arislan wrote:
Let's try this again.
Knight / Power / Hit - Add without subtracting
Power S / Hit S / Charge - Adds and subtracts

I'm seeing 50% here.

Stella Power S: Adds and subtracts
Stella hit S: Adds and subtracts
Hard/Power Charge: Adds and subtracts
Giga/Bullet PP Save: Adds and subtracts
Solid/Power S: Adds and subtracts

That's 5, and note, there is no Mega/Hit with just ATA (ok, so maybe I'm bitter because I'm a beast? I dunno)

10ofDiamonds
Jan 19, 2007, 08:42 PM
Ok, the reason their is a trade off is simple. This is an action/rpg game engine, therefore attack power and accuracy go WAY ahead of all other stats. You could say the Forces get the advantage but in reality they are only trying to help make the most of the PP they use (note: no pp save for technics). So ya, they reason most are a trade off is to balance the game.